Presentation on theme: "1. If + S 1 + V 1..., S 2 + Aux + V 2.... 2. S + V...before/after/when + S + V.... → S + V...before/after/when + V-ing…. Grammar in Use."— Presentation transcript:
1. If + S 1 + V 1..., S 2 + Aux + V S + V...before/after/when + S + V.... → S + V...before/after/when + V-ing…. Grammar in Use
Examples: 1.If you prefer some hot dishes, thick squid soup and oyster omelets will surely satisfy you. 2. If the weather is fine tomorrow, we will have a picnic in the park.
Let’s Try! A. 寫出提示動詞的正確時態。第一題為 範例。 1.If Father is (be) free this Sunday, he will take us to the department store. 2.If it (be) fine tomorrow, you can go mountain climbing. 3.If it (rain) this weekend, we will not have a picnic outside. is rains
4. If Tammy (want) to get good grades, she should study hard. 5. If you (say) sorry, I will let you go. 6. If we (not/stop) him from saying strange things, he will get into trouble again. wants say don’t stop
1. If Rosa comes to the party, you can dance with her (dance/with). B. 參考左邊的圖，完成下面的句子。 第一題為範例。
2. If you want to pass the test, you ( study/hard). should study hard
3. If my friend comes to Taipei, I ________________________ (take/him/to/the Shilin Night Market). will take him to the Shilin Night Market
4. If you eat too much and don’t exercise, you ________ (get fat). will get fat
5. If you are a teenager, you ______________ (not/smoke). should not smoke
Examples: 1.You can have fried buns before you see a movie. →You can have fried buns before seeing a movie. 2. You can have a large cup of pearl milk tea before you go home. →You can have a large cup of pearl milk tea before going home.
A. 根據上面的句型改寫下列句子。第一題 為範例。 Let’s Try! You should turn off the light before you leave the room. → You should turn off the light before leaving the room. 1.
Adam felt tired after he finished the work. → ___________________ ___________________ 2. Adam felt tired after finishing the work.
3. Mary usually asks her parents for help when she gets into trouble. →_____________________________ Mary usually asks her parents for help when getting into trouble. 4. Before you eat an apple, you should wash it. → __________________________ Before eating an apple, you should wash it.
5. After Brian ate a bowl of thick squid soup, he ordered another one. → ____________________________ ____________________________ After eating a bowl of thick squid soup, Brian ordered another one. 6. When Jane walked along the river, she met an old friend. → ____________________________ __________________________ When walking along the river, Jane met an old friend.
B. Tom 一大早醒來，看見媽媽留在冰 箱上的一張小紙條，告訴他今天要注 意些什麼。請你仔細閱讀下面的段落， 依據提示字，運用上面的句型，填入 適當的句子，以完成這張紙條的內容。
Dear Tom, I’m leaving for work now. I believe you can take care of yourself, right? ______________(after/get up), don’t forget to have breakfast. It’s on the table. _______________ (before/go out), please clean up your room. I will check your homework ____________ (when/come) home, so finish it right after school. After getting up Before going out when coming
Aunt Alice may call today. _____________ (when/call), she will tell you when I should meet her tomorrow. Tell your aunt I will call her back ____________ (after/come) home. Have a nice day! Love, Mom When calling after coming 結束囉！