Presentation on theme: "1. To V 1 /V 1 -ing... (+ Aux) + be/V 2.... To V 1 /V 1 -ing... (+ Aux) + be/V 2.... 2. S 1 + suggest + that + S 2 + (should) V...."— Presentation transcript:
1. To V 1 /V 1 -ing... (+ Aux) + be/V To V 1 /V 1 -ing... (+ Aux) + be/V S 1 + suggest + that + S 2 + (should) V....
Examples: 1.To go to Taroko Gorge would be a problem. → Going to Taroko Gorge would be a problem. 2. To travel by motorcycle would be more convenient. → Traveling by motorcycle would be more convenient.
Let’s Try! A. 根據以上的句型，寫出代換的句子。 第一題為範例。 1. To play basketball is interesting. → ______________________________ 2. To live in the city is more convenient. → ______________________________ Playing basketball is interesting. Living in the city is more convenient.
3. To jog every morning makes me healthier. → ____________________________________ 4. Going to Tainan by train takes me four hours. → ____________________________________ 5. Eating vegetables is good for your health. → ____________________________________ 6. Drinking strong coffee stops me from sleeping. → ____________________________________ Jogging every morning makes me healthier. To go to Tainan by train takes me four hours. To eat vegetables is good for your health. To drink strong coffee stops me from sleeping.
1.You should study English. _____________________ (learn English/useful) B. Brian 的媽媽常會給他一些日常生活 中的提醒。下面有五個 Brian 的媽媽 給的提醒，請你運用上面的句型與提 示字，完成各題。第一題為範例。 Learning English is useful.
2. Don’t spend most of your free time watching TV. You should go out to take some exercise. _______________ ___________________________ (watch too much TV/bad for your eyes) Watching too much TV is bad for your eyes.
3. You should take exercise more. __________________________ ____________________ (take exercise/help/you grow stronger) Taking exercise helps you grow stronger.
4. You should have more fruit.____________ ____________ (eat fruit/good for your health) Eating fruit is good for your health.
5. You have too much coffee. ______________________ _____________ (drink too much coffee/stop/you from sleeping well at night) Drinking too much coffee stops you from sleeping well at night.
Examples: 1.I suggested that my mother (should) take a motorcycle trip with me. 2. I called Mom again and suggested that we (should) rent a car instead.
A. 根據每一題左邊的圖，並運用上面的 句型，寫出建議。第一題為範例。 Let’s Try! Susan: I’ve worked for ten hours. I’m so tired now. Peter: ____________ _________________ I suggest that you take a rest. 1.
Sara: I am fat because I have had too much pizza, hamburgers, and chocolate. What should I do? David: ____________ __________________ (eat more vegetables and fruit) 2. I suggest that you eat more vegetables and fruit.
3. Student: I really want to get good grades on all the exams. Teacher: _________ _________________ (study hard) I suggest that you study hard.
4. Foreigner: Excuse me. Is it far from here to get to the train station? You: Yes. It’s quite far from here. If you’re in a hurry, ___________ __________________ (take a taxi) I suggest that you take a taxi.
5. Jeff: I’m the shortest student in my class. What should I do? Grandma: _________ __________________ (drink more milk/play basketball more often) I suggest that you drink more milk and play basketball more often.
B. 我們每天都會碰到不同的人 給我們不同的建議，下面六題 是我們可能會碰到的狀況。請 你運用上面的句型與提示字， 完成各題。第一題為範例。
Every morning, ________________ ________________ (Mom/suggest/get up early). She is afraid that I may miss the bus. 1. Mom suggests that I get up early 2. Every day, in the English class, _____________ _____________ _____________ (my teacher/ suggest/study harder). my teacher suggests that I study harder
Every time when I am enjoying some ice cream after lunch, __________________ _________________________________ (my classmates/suggest/not have so much ice cream). They always tell me that I will become fatter if I have ice cream after lunch every day. my classmates suggest that I shouldn’t have so much ice cream 3.
4. Every time when my best friend sees me having some French fries on my way home, she _________________ ______________________________ (suggest/not have so much fast food). She says it’s bad for my health. suggests (that) I should not have so much fast food
After I get home, I often watch TV before doing anything else. But, _______________ _______________ _____(Mom/suggest/ do my homework first). 5. Mom suggests that I do my homework first After I finish my homework, I like to play video games. But, ______________ ______________ (Dad/suggest/go to bed early). 6. Dad suggests that I go to bed early 耶 ! 過關 !