Presentation on theme: "Grammar in Use 1. S + wish + (that)"— Presentation transcript:
1Grammar in Use 1. S + wish + (that) S + were/V-ed....S + had + Vpp....2. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp....
21. S + wish + (that)S + were/V-ed....S + had + Vpp....Example:Paul wishes he knew how to makemore money. (Actually, he doesn’tknow how to make more money.)2. I wished (that) I could have dug ahole for myself. (Actually, I couldn’tdig a hole for myself.)
3根據句型，改寫下列的句子。第一題為範例。My friends went to the movies last night,but unfortunately I couldn’t go with them.→ I wished I could have gone to themovies with them/my friends last night.2. Jane doesn’t have enough money to buy anew watch.→ Jane wishes _____________________________________.she had enough money tobuy a new watch
43. Oscar didn’t finish his homework yesterday. → Oscar wishes _______________________________________.4. My sister’s bike was stolen in the park.→ My sister wishes _________________________________.5. Kate is busy and doesn’t have time to go outwith her boyfriend.→ Kate wishes __________________________________________________.he had finished hishomework yesterdayher bike had not beenstolen in the parkshe were not busy and hadtime to go out with her boyfriend
5B. 根據句型和提示字，完成下列的句子。Alice is not a bird, so she cannot fly in thesky. But she really wishes _____________(be/a bird).2. Jimmy went out last night and lost his wallet.He wishes he ________________________(stay/at home/last night).she were a birdhad stayed at home last night
63. Today my brother didn’t study hard for his coming tests. I wish he _________________________________________ (can/study/inthe library/ for the tests/today).4. My friends took a trip to Japan last week. Ididn’t go with them because I had to work.However, I wished I ________________________________ (go to Japan/with them/lastweek).could have studied inthe library for the tests todayhad gone to Japan withthem last week
75. Sally cannot communicate with foreigners. She wishes she _________________ (can/speak/English).could speak English
82. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp.... Example:I shouldn’t have missed thosepractices. (Actually, I missed thosepractices.)2. You should have finished yourhomework last night. (Actually, youdidn’t finish your homework lastnight.)
9punished. He should have followed the 根據句型和提示字，完成下列的句子。第一題為範例。The student broke the school rules and waspunished. He should have followed theschool rules (follow/the school rules).2. Tammy broke her promise and toldeverybody my secret. She _________________________ (keep/her promise).should have kepther promise
103. Jimmy didn’t study English and kept on playing online games. I think Jimmy______________________________________________ (not/spend/so much time/playing/online games).4. Lucy failed her math and history tests thismorning. I think she _________________________________________ (not/go to thenight market/last night).shouldn’t have spent so much time playing online gamesshouldn’t have gone tothe night market last night
115. Johnny liked to eat fast food and became fatter and fatter. I think he ____________________________________________(eat/less/ junk food/and/exercise/more).should haveeaten less junk food and exercised more
12B. 讀完以下五種狀況後，寫出你認為主角應該或不應該做的事。第一題為範例。1. Jack was a bad boy and he liked toplay tricks on his classmates.What do you think he should orshouldn’t have done?I think he shouldn’t have playedtricks on his classmates.
132. Rick was very active. He spent a lot of time playing basketballand paid little attention to hisschoolwork. Thus, his gradesgot worse. What do you thinkhe should or shouldn’t havedone?I think he shouldn’t have spent so much time playing basketball./I think he should have paid more attention to his schoolwork.
143. Sherry stayed up late last night. As a result, she got up late andmissed the school bus. Whatdo you think she should orshouldn’t have done?I think she shouldn’t have stayed up late last night./I think she should have gotten up earlier.
154. Ellen went shopping very often, so she didn’t save much money inher bank account. What do youthink she should or shouldn’thave done?I think she shouldn’t have gone shopping so often./I think she should have saved more money in her bank account.
165. Yesterday, Ted cheated on his math exam. Therefore, he waspunished by his parents. What doyou think he should or shouldn’thave done?I think he shouldn’t have cheated on his math exam.