Presentation on theme: "2. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp.... 2. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp.... Grammar in Use 1. S + wish + (that) 1. S + wish + (that) S + were/V-ed...."— Presentation transcript:
2. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp.... Grammar in Use 1. S + wish + (that) 1. S + wish + (that) S + were/V-ed.... S + were/V-ed.... S + had + Vpp.... S + had + Vpp....
Example: 1. Paul wishes he knew how to make more money. (Actually, he doesn’t know how to make more money.) 2. I wished (that) I could have dug a hole for myself. (Actually, I couldn’t dig a hole for myself.) 1.S + wish + (that) 1. S + wish + (that) S + were/V-ed.... S + had + Vpp....
1. My friends went to the movies last night, but unfortunately I couldn’t go with them. → I wished I could have gone to the movies with them/my friends last night. 2. Jane doesn’t have enough money to buy a new watch. → Jane wishes ______________________ _______________. A. 根據句型，改寫下列的句子。第一題為 範例。 she had enough money to buy a new watch
3. Oscar didn’t finish his homework yesterday. → Oscar wishes _____________________ __________________. 4. My sister’s bike was stolen in the park. → My sister wishes __________________ _______________. 5. Kate is busy and doesn’t have time to go out with her boyfriend. → Kate wishes ______________________ ____________________________. he had finished his homework yesterday her bike had not been stolen in the park she were not busy and had time to go out with her boyfriend
1. Alice is not a bird, so she cannot fly in the sky. But she really wishes _____________ (be/a bird). 2. Jimmy went out last night and lost his wallet. He wishes he ________________________ (stay/at home/last night). B. 根據句型和提示字，完成下列的句子。 she were a bird had stayed at home last night
3. Today my brother didn’t study hard for his coming tests. I wish he _________________ ________________________ (can/study/in the library/ for the tests/today). 4. My friends took a trip to Japan last week. I didn’t go with them because I had to work. However, I wished I ___________________ _____________ (go to Japan/with them/last week). could have studied in the library for the tests today had gone to Japan with them last week
5. Sally cannot communicate with foreigners. She wishes she _________________ (can/ speak/English). could speak English
Example: 1. I shouldn’t have missed those practices. (Actually, I missed those practices.) 2. You should have finished your homework last night. (Actually, you didn’t finish your homework last night.) 2. S + should/shouldn’t + have Vpp....
1. The student broke the school rules and was punished. He should have followed the school rules (follow/the school rules). 2. Tammy broke her promise and told everybody my secret. She _______________ __________ (keep/her promise). A. 根據句型和提示字，完成下列的句子。 第一題為範例。 should have kept her promise
3. Jimmy didn’t study English and kept on playing online games. I think Jimmy ___________________________________ ___________ (not/spend/so much time/ playing/online games). 4. Lucy failed her math and history tests this morning. I think she ___________________ ______________________ (not/go to the night market/last night). shouldn’t have spent so much time playing online games shouldn’t have gone to the night market last night
5. Johnny liked to eat fast food and became fatter and fatter. I think he ___________ _________________________________ (eat/less/ junk food/and/exercise/more). should have eaten less junk food and exercised more
1. Jack was a bad boy and he liked to play tricks on his classmates. What do you think he should or shouldn’t have done? I think he shouldn’t have played tricks on his classmates. B. 讀完以下五種狀況後，寫出你認為主角 應該或不應該做的事。第一題為範例。
2. Rick was very active. He spent a lot of time playing basketball and paid little attention to his schoolwork. Thus, his grades got worse. What do you think he should or shouldn’t have done? I think he shouldn’t have spent so much time playing basketball./I think he should have paid more attention to his schoolwork.
3. Sherry stayed up late last night. As a result, she got up late and missed the school bus. What do you think she should or shouldn’t have done? I think she shouldn’t have stayed up late last night./I think she should have gotten up earlier.
4. Ellen went shopping very often, so she didn’t save much money in her bank account. What do you think she should or shouldn’t have done? I think she shouldn’t have gone shopping so often./I think she should have saved more money in her bank account.
5. Yesterday, Ted cheated on his math exam. Therefore, he was punished by his parents. What do you think he should or shouldn’t have done? I think he shouldn’t have cheated on his math exam.