Presentation on theme: "I never thought that I could walk through fire I never thought that I could take the burn I never thought that I could feel this power I never thought."— Presentation transcript:
I never thought that I could walk through fire I never thought that I could take the burn I never thought that I could feel this power I never thought that I could feel this free never say never object clause
My dream is that I can enter a key university. That I can enter a key university is my dream. I have a dream that I can enter a key university. I always dream that I can enter a key university. subject clause object clause predicative clause appositive clause
I dont know whether he will come or not The question is whether he will come or not. predicative clause object clause
1.that;whether;if ( ) 2. what;who;whom;which;whose ( ) 3. when;why; where;how ( ) That he didnt come to school is because he was ill. She looks as if she has really been there. Things are not as they seemed to be.
1.He asked____for a violin. A. did I pay how much B. I paid how much C. how much did I pay D. how much I paid 2.You can hardly imagine ____when he heard the news. A. how he was excited B. how was he excited C. how excited he was D. he was how excited word order
1. I heard that he joined the army. The teacher said ______________________________________. I told him __________________________________. (that) light travels faster than sound. (that) I would come back before long
2. Our success depends on how well we can cooperate with each other. I know nothing about him except ___________________________. Im concerned about ____________________________________. Whether I can pass the mid-term exam that he has poor eyesight.
3. I am afraid (that) Ive made a mistake. I am sure _________________________________________. The little girl felt upset ________________________. (that) I can solve this difficult problem (that) her kite flew away.
4. it it that He makes it a rule that he gets up at 6:00 oclock every morning. We thought it strange that Tom did not come yesterday. 5. (the subjuctive mood ) insist( suggest demand,order, advise, request, require (should) +do They advised that he go there alone. They advised that he went there alone.
6. ( transferred negation ) think, consider, suppose, believe, expect, guess, imagine…… I think this dress doesn t fit you well. I don t think this dress fits you well. I suppose he hasn t finished the job. I don t suppose he has finished the job.
7. (omit)that. He said (that) he had finished reading this novel and that he would borrow another one. He told me that he would come and that he would come on time. ()
1.It was ordered that all the soldiers ____ to the front A. should send B. must be sent C. should be sent D. must go 2.I hate________ when people talk with their mouths full. A it B that C these D Them
3.He told me __he had come the day before and ____he was going to stay here for a week. A. /, / B. that, / C. /, that D. how, / 4.they suggested that he ___do it alone. A. didnt B. doesnt C. not D. cant
2.When you go to see a doctor, what will the doctor say to you ? 1.Suppose you were late yesterday, what did the teacher say to you? The doctor will say to me how long you have felt like this?/ what is the trouble?/what is the Matter?/ what is wong with you? The teacher said to me(object clause) 8. how, wh- why you were late yesterday? How you explained for being late yesterday?
3.When you go shopping, and you are interested in the trousers.What will you say? I will ask how much they are?/ Whether you can give any discount about them? 4. When you meet the singer you like, what will you say ? I will say whether I can have your signature? ( )/ whether you feel tired after singing?
1).. I worry about whether I hurt her feelings. 2).whether…or not. I dont know whether or not shell like it. 3). whether. Tell us whether to go or stay here. 4) whether Whether he has stolen the money, I dont know. 9. whether if whether.
1. I dont know __________ Ill be free tomorrow. 2. I dont know _________ or not Ill be free tomorrow. 3. It depends on ________ we will have enough money. 4._______ you are not free tomorrow, Ill go without you. 5.__________he has told a lie, I cant tell. whether/if whether If if whether whether
be, remain, seem, look, appear, sound, feel… 1) The fact remains that he is behind the other students. 2) The reason why he is late for school is that he missed the early bus.
:1. that. 2. if whether. 3. seem, appear that, look, as if / as though It seems / appears that he was late for the train yesterday. It seems / appears / looks as if we have to go home on foot.
I am an ordinary English teacher, I work hard six days a week, so my dream is that I neednt work during weekends. My trouble seems as if my memory becomes worse and worse. What about you? Tell me your dream, hope, plan, strength, weakness, puzzle, trouble, problem, by using 2 or more sentences,and in you sentences you should include a predicative clause( ). tell me sth about you
, : the reason why … is that( because)… The reason __she asked for leave this morning was __she had to look after her baby. A.why;that B. because; why C. that; because D. why; because Choose the correct answer
1. Can you tell me how many students are there in your class? 2. The owner of the shop came to see what the matter was. there are what was the matter/ the trouble/ wrong. declarative sentence
1. My advice is that we must do our homework first. 2. We suggested that we went to the cinema. (should) (should go) the Subjunctive Mood
1. It depends on if the weather is suitable for us to do it. 2. The question is if he himself will be present at the meeting. 3. I dont know if or not I can accept his invitation. 4. I dont know if to accept or refuse. whether ( )
1.I think that worthwhile that we spent so much money on these books. 2. Everybody considers it impossible which he wants to finish the job in such a short time. it that it that
1 2 3 Whether 4 It
2.These photographs will show you _______. A. what does our village look like B. what our village looks like C. how does our village look like D. how our village looks like 1.He didn't know which room _______. A.they lived B. did they live in C. did they live D. they lived in
3. Do you remember ________ he came? Yes, I do. He came by car. A. how B. when C. that D. if 4. I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week. Is that _________ you had a few days off? A. why B. when C. what D. where
5.You can't imagine ________ when they received these nice Christmas presents. A. how they were excited B. how excited they were C. how excited were they D. they were how excited 6.I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella. _________ I got wet. A. It's the reason B. That's why C. There's why D. It's how
8. I think this trip was well worth ______ we had paid. A. that B. what C. which D. how 7. My consideration is ______ the financial crisis( ) in the USA will heavily influence China. A. which B. if C. what D. why
9 What are you anxious about? ______. A. If we succeed B. That we can succeed C. Do we succeed D. Whether we can succeed 10 The recent UK official studies show ______ fewer teenagers are now studying foreign languages. A. what B. that C. which D. whether
11.Some one is ringing the doorbell. Go and see _______. A. who is he B.who he is C.who is it D.who it is D 12.The road is covered with snow. I cant understand _____ they insist on going by motorbike. A. where B. why C. what D. how B
13. What the doctors really doubt is _____ my mother will recover from the serious disease soon. A. when B. if C.why D. whether 14.Little Tommy was unwilling to tell the schoolmaster ______ he had done the day before. A. that B. what C. where D. how D B
Fill in the blanks using the new words: 5.The conclusion they have made is r___________. 6. In this picture the tree is the s_______ of life. 7. I c__________ him that she was honest. ridiculous symbol convinced
because it is, that is, this is,., because. He didnt come on time,that was because he had missed the train. He was late because he hadnt caught the bus
8. wh-. Complete these sentences 1 We fully understood________________. 2 Go and ask____________________________. 3 He couldnt tell______________________. what he said why he was late yesterday where his home was
(worth) (worth) The question is _______________________________. (2) The fact was___________________________. (3) It looks________________________. that we lost the game as if it is going to rain Complete the following sentences by using predicative clause whether the film is worth seeing
what/ whether /as if /why / if / how/ because where 1.The question is _______we can rely on him. 2.I was late for school this morning. Thats _______ I stayed up too late last night. 3.He looked _______he was going to cry. 4.What she couldnt understand was_____fewer and fewer students showed interest in her lesson. 5.What we want to know is _________ we can improve our English in such a short time. 6.Thats just ______I want. whether because as if why how what
whose, whom, what, how, as if, when, that why. 1.I think ____ he will be all right in a few days. 2.Do you know _____ they are waiting for? 3. He asked _____ dictionary it was. 4. Please pay attention to ____the teacher said 5. Can you tell me _____ I can get to the railway station? 6. I dont know ______they will arrive. that whom whose what how when