Presentation on theme: "1. What he is doing seems quite difficult. 2. Whoever leaves the room last should turn off the lights. ( 3.I wonder whether I can find my Mr. Right. 4."— Presentation transcript:
1. What he is doing seems quite difficult. 2. Whoever leaves the room last should turn off the lights. ( 3.I wonder whether I can find my Mr. Right. 4. I cant remember when we met for the first time. 5. My dream is that I can become an excellent teacher. 8. The news that we won the game is exciting.( 7.There is no doubt that we are the best ones. ( 6. The question is that I cant finish the work in time
Subject Clause _____ you said about him makes him sad. _____you dont like him makes him heartbroken. ____ is a pity that you dont like him. a womanly man What That It
__________ we said about him makes no difference to him. ________ he will be famous in the future is doubtful. Whatever Whether
What you said about him makes him sad. That you dont like him makes him sad. … It is a pity that you dont like him. empty subject Whatever we said about him makes no difference to him. Analyze the sentence Whether he will be famous in the future is doubtful.
Summary 1 1. that what what that 4. Whether if 2. it that that 3. wh- wh-ever wh-ever ---
1.___ he made an important speech at the meeting was true. A. That B. Why C. What D. How 2. ____ makes this shop different is that it offers more personal services. A. What B. Who C. Whatever D. Whoever
3. ___well go camping tomorrow depends on the weather. A. If B. Whether C. That D. Where 4. It worried her a bit ___ her hair was turning gray. A. whether B. that C. what D. when empty subject
5. ______leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. Who
Pleasant Goat and Grey Wolf Object clause
A love story Beauty Beast &
I am always wondering _______I can find my Mr. Right or not. The boys are different from _____ I dreamed of. Up to now Ive realized ___difficult that I can find him in the world. My parents tell me that marriage depends on _______I have the destiny( ). I wish that I could meet my Mr. Right in the near future and ____ all the single people sitting here today could find your own happiness. Please remember the God often gives happiness to _______ has confidence in life. whether it whether what that whoever
Summary 2 1. whether or not, if. 2. if 3. it that that 4. that 5. the God often gives happiness to _whoever__ has confidence in life.
1. Having checked the doors were closed, and _____ all the lights were off, the boy opened the door to his bedroom. A. why B. that C. when D. where 2. Id appreciate ______ if you would like to teach me how to use the computer. A. that B. it C. this D. you that
4. Could I speak to ____ is in charge of International Sales please ? A. who B. no matter who C. whoever D. whomever 3. It is generally considered unwise to give a child _____he or she wants. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
Predicative Clause Do you want to be a teacher in the future ?
What you hate is ______ I love. My dream is that I can become a happy and good teacher. The reason why I love teaching is that it can bring me happiness. The question is ________ I can become a good teacher. what whether
What you hate is what I love. My dream is that I can become a good teacher. … The reason why I love teaching is that it can bring me happiness. The question is whether I can become a good teacher. Analyze the sentence
Summary 3 1.that what 2. reason because 3. whether if
1. The reason is ___ he is unable to operate the machine. A. because B. why C. that D. Whether 2. Thats ___ the Party called on us to do. A. why B. what C. how D. that
3.Jane is no longer ___ she was four years ago. A. what B. which C. that D. when 4. What the doctors really doubt is _____my mother will recover from the serious disease soon. A. when B. how C. whether D. why
Appositive clause 1. Appositive clause has been deleted in the 2010 National Entrance Exam. 2. The news makes the students feel excited. The newsthat Appositive clause has been deleted in the2010 National Entrance Exam. makes the students feel excited.
1. The National Entrance Exam is approaching 2. The fact makes us both excited and worried. The fact that the National Entrance Exam is approaching makes us both excited and worried.
Consolidation A Letter to Teachers
Dear teachers ____makes us depressed ____ we will graduate from JiaShan Senior School. The reason why we are so sad is ____ we will say goodbye to our lovely teachers and classmates. The days we spent together are full of joys and tears. _____ you are always so strict with us made me hate you. However, you are also ready to give your hand to ________turns to you for help. Itthat That whoever
Now we understand _____you have tried to do for us ______ you do and say is of great help to us. We dont care about _______we can survive the struggle--- National Entrance Exam or not. _____ we cherish is _____we have enjoyed the process. Thanks for your teaching! Best wishes! what What whether What that
Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine I'm leaving my life in your hands People say I'm crazy and that I am blind Risking it all in a glance _____ you got me blind is still a mystery I can't get you out of my head Don't care ____ is written in you history As long as you're here with me I don't care ____ you are _____ you're from ____ you did As long as you love me Who you are Where you're from Don't care ____ you did As long as you love me Every little thing that you have said and done Feels like its deep within me Doesnt really matter if youre on the run It seems like as if we're meant to be How what whowherewhat o o o o P s
Do excercises of and try your best to better the usage of noun clause.