Guessing game He who laughs last laughs best. He who doesnt reach the Great Wall is not a true man. All that glitters ( is not gold.
Words Guessing Air is something important to us. You can not see or touch it but it really exists. Volunteer is a person. He/She is willing to devote himself to helping others in need, expecting nothing in return. Earthquake is a disaster. It makes the earth shake and the buildings fall down. Plane is a machine. It flies in the sky to carry passengers.
Plane is a machine that flies in the sky … that / which / who/whom/whose when / Where /why
Attributive clause: restrictive non-restrictive The water which has been polluted by the factory is not fit to drink. Water,Which is a clear liquid, is widely used in our everyday life. Can you translate them?
Li qiang,a student who came from the year 2008 went into the future. ( ) He had won a prize that gave him a tour.( ) Wang Ping whose parents ran a Future Tourcompany guided the trip. ( ) His friend Wang Ping to whom it belonged is the owner of the house. ( ) It had a green wall which was actually made of trees.( ) Read and find!
personthing That Which Who Whom whose Read and find!
He had a deep impression of the time when he was in the time capsule. ( ) They lay relaxed in the capsule where they had a short sleep. ( ) It is the reason why Li Qiang felt sick and got a headache. ( )
which that who whom whose where when why Basic Structure
1.Be ready to help others is the belief ________ we should always have in our mind. 2.They donated money to the people ____ became homeless in the floods. 3.The house ______window faces south is for the doctor. which /that /--- whose who Practice
4.I love my hometown ________I was born 36 years ago. 5.We still remember the day ______ we came here for the first time. 6.Do you know the reason ______he is always willing to help others? where when why
1. This is the factory __________ we visited yesterday. 2.This is the factory ________my father worked many years ago. which/ that/- where I ll never forget the days ____________we taught English in the earthquake- hit areas in Wenchuan. I ll never forget the days ____________ we spent together with the homeless students there I ll never forget the days _____________I spent in New York with you. I'll never forget the days______I visited New York with you. when which/that/-
I won t forget the small town where I was born. I won t forget the small town _____ I was born in. I won t forget the small town _______ I was born. translate 1 which in which
1. The sun gives us heat and light, ________ which we cant live. 2. The student ________ whom we were talking just now is the best student in our class. 3. Ill never forget the day _____ which she said good-bye to me. 4. Who can give me the reason ______ which he hasnt turned up yet? for about on without Can you work them out ? ? ? ? ?
rewrite They live in a house, whose door opens to the south. They lived in a house, the door of which opens to the south. They lived in a house, of which the door opens to the south. 2 Whose of +
1. The third place that we will visit is Hangzhou. 2. Who is the worker who is resting there? 3. The students and things that you spoke of are known to us. 4.Ive read all the books which you gave me. 5. Thats the very book which I am looking for that what, who which, that /, that, that. everything,some,little, all the only, the very, the last, that that T or F
1. 2. 3. 3. that which that which e.g. He bought a book that could give him much knowledge and which could help him to kill the time. which
1) Do you have anything ______ you dont understand? 2) The only thing _____ we can do is to give you some advice. 3) Who is the man _____ is standing there? 4) Her bag, in ________ she put all her money, has been stolen. 5) She heard a terrible noise ______ brought her heart into her mouth. that which 1 that which
1.The way _________________he explained the sentence to us was not difficult to understand. 2.The way _________________he explained to us was quite simple. that/ which/ in which/that/ in which / that / that / which / 2 the way
What made me angry was not what he said but _____ he said it. A. the way B. in the way in that C. in the way D. the way which Have a try! the way the way, he said it
We have the same trouble as they have met We have the same trouble as they have met Such people as you talked about are ill men Such people as you talked about are ill men This is so difficult question as nobody can answer. This is so difficult question as nobody can answer. as as the same…as such…as so…as the same…as such…as so…as :3
It is known to all that China is a great country. __ is known to all, China is a great country. China is a great country, ___ is known to all. As as :3, … As is known to all/as is often the case/ as is mentioned above
Correct the sentences: 1.I m using the pen which he bought it yesterday. 2. The man whom I spoke is from Canada. 3. July 1,1999 is the day when we ll never forget. 4. I don t like the way which you talked to your friend. 5. The reason which he explained it sounds reasonable. ^ which to ^ in why
Correct the sentences: 6. The students want to buy tickets write down your names. 7. That was the reason because she looked old. 8. The third place which we are going to visit is Hangzhou. 9. Which is known to all, many satellite are going around in the sky. 10. The students and things which you spoke of are known to us. who why ^ that As that
Original: July 15th is a special day. I will never forget it. I set out for Wenchuan then. Everything was in ruins there after the earthquake. When we arrived, we saw the school. We would spend 2 months in it.. Everything was beyond my imagination there. The students had to live and study in tents. Their homes were completely destroyed in the earthquake. I spent the most moving time there. Then came the day. I had to leave that school. Love makes us stand together. Love is everlasting.
A possible version July 15 th is a special day (which/that) I will never forget. I set out for Wenchuan where everything was in ruins after the earthquake. When we arrived, we saw the school where we would spend 2 months. Everything was beyond my imagination. The students whose homes were completely destroyed in the earthquake had to live and study in tents, where I spent the most moving time. Then came the day when I had to leave that school. Love, which is everlasting,makes us stand together.
Homework 1.Go over what we have learned today 2.finish the exercise.