Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCody McDowell Modified over 7 years ago
1._____gases that surround the Earth and keep it warm and wet 2._____layer that meteors burn up in 3._____bottom layer of the atmosphere RAP
Which is cooler on a hot, sunny day, a lawn or a parking lot?
Key Questions 1.What processes heat the atmosphere? 2.What is radiation? 3.What is conduction? 4.What is convection? 5.What is the greenhouse effect? 6.What is global warming?
1. Processes heat atmosphere Radiation Conduction Convection
2. Radiation SUN Transfer of heat energy as waves Some radiation energy is reflected and some is absorbed
3. Conduction -transfer of heat energy by direct contact -air molecules touch a warm surface -heat moves from warm to cold
4. Convection Transfer of heat energy by the circulation of a gas or liquid Warm air rises because it is less dense Cold air sinks because it is more dense Moves the most heat energy in the atmosphere
5. Greenhouse Effect the Earth’s heating process in which gases such as carbon dioxide trap heat.
6. Global Warming a rise in the average global temperature due to an increase in greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide) caused by human activity
Summarizer Compare and Contrast conduction, convection, and radiation. Radiation ConvectionConduction
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.