Presentation on theme: "Liceo Classico “G. Verga”. History Liceo Classico Verga is one of the oldest high schools in the province of Catania. It was, infact, authorized in 1904."— Presentation transcript:
Liceo Classico “G. Verga”
History Liceo Classico Verga is one of the oldest high schools in the province of Catania. It was, infact, authorized in 1904 and in was located in the premises of the ex Monastery of Saint Lucy adjacent to the public garden in the historical centre. In 1923 it was called “Giovanni Verga” in honour of the Sicilian writer that the year before in 1992 had passed away. In 1990 it moved to its present construction in the suburbs of the town (Cappellone area). In 1995 the Liceo Scientifico “G. Petronio Russo” was united to it.
Today the school has got two buildings with 910 students. The main building is located at 16 via Salvo D’Acquisto. Its profile is based on three different courses that offer: classical studies, scientific studies and linguistic studies
School Facilities Chemistry, Physics and Biology laboratories Computer + Technology laboratories Linguistic laboratory Auditorium Tennis courts Library Gym
Lessons Lessons start at 8.20 am. and finish at 1.10/2.00 pm. Break: am.
The Students Ages: Our students are from Adrano and towns nearby: Biancavilla, S. Maria di Licodia, Regalbuto, Maletto.