Several days ago, a big earthquake and tsunami came up in Japan. happen /take place
When the tsunami suddenly happened, he led twenty Chinese to a higher place so that he could save them.
He is a real brave man. And he is one of the heroes in our life. not afraid Then he ran down to search his family on his own, sadly he lost his life. by himself /alone
1.so that 2. avoid 3. brave 4. excuse 5. thought 6. on ones own 7. come up 8. bet,,
Module 9 Heroes Unit 1 She missed the final practice so that Kylie could play.
Listen and answer the questions Betty, Sally, Lingling and Mrs. Styles are speaking. It happens before the Starsearch concert starts.
1. How does Sally usually feel about playing on her own? Usually Sally feels ______. Lingling thinks shes ______ and Betty thinks shes ______. 2. What do Lingling and Betty think of Sally? 3. What does Mrs Styles know? She knows what Sally said that her arm hurt is only _________. afraid brave a hero an excuse 4.What's Mrs Styles going to do ? Maybe she'll _________ the music so that they can both play the music rewrite
1. Are they looking forward to the concert? 2. Did Sally arm hurt? 3. Who played the piece of music? 4. Who will be the real hero tonight? Listen and try to answer the questions. Yes, they are. No, it's only an excuse. Both Sally and Kylie. Sally will be.
1. Sally missed the final practice because her hand hurt. 2. She said her hand hurt so Kylie could play on her own. Work in pairs. Check the true statements and correct the false. × (because she wanted kylie to play on her own.) 3. Kylie is having problems with her parents, and Sally is trying to be kind.
4. Lingling is guessing why Sally and Kylie are both standing up. 5. Kylie asked Mrs Styles to rewrite the dance music because she couldnt play it on her own. × × (She knew ) ( She wanted Sally to play with her together.)
1. not bad for 2. come up, 3. so that 4. on ones own, 5.an excuse 6. avoid doing sth. 6. a kind thought
Key sentences 1. She missed the final practice so that Kylie could play this piece of music on her own. 2. She did it so that Kylie could avoid problems with her parents. 3. She asked their teacher to rewrite the final dance music so that two people could play it. …… …… so that
work in pairs. Talk about the question 1. Do you agree that Sally is a hero? Why? 2. Have you seen a programme like Starsearch?
Making dialogues: Work in pairs. Talk about your heroes. e.g. A: Whos your hero? B: Its Jackie Chan! A: Why? B: Because hes a great film star. I think all his films are fantastic! what kind of person is a hero? never give up strong-willed warm-hearted kind hard-working try his best to help others brave
1.Preview Adverbial Clause on page 155156. 2.Do Exercise 1 on page 128. 3.Recite the dialogue in Activity 3.