Presentation on theme: "Why do we say LiuXiang is a hero? he won the honors for our country. he always works very hard and never gives up. he is very brave and dare to overcome."— Presentation transcript:
Why do we say LiuXiang is a hero? he won the honors for our country. he always works very hard and never gives up. he is very brave and dare to overcome the difficulties. We say LiuXiang is a hero because
Module 9 Heroes Unit 1 She missed the final practice so that Kylie could play.
He wanted to ____________________ _____________. Lets say (I) he didnt have much money he only went to Shanghai for shopping But____________________, so (, ) _____________________________. During May Day holiday, go to America to watch NBA matches
Jiashan is far from ShangHai, so Link can ______________. How can Link go to ShangHai? But Link is poor, so _________________________.he went to ShangHai by train
Link went to a hotel he __ ______________________. take a shower becausewanted to ( ) so that could 2:00 p.m. Why did Link go to a hotel?
2:30 p.m. Link went to bed because he wanted to _____.sleep Link went to bed so that he could ________. sleep
4:00 p.m. Link took a taxi because he wanted to ____ ___________. buy clothes Link took a taxi so that he could _________ _________________. go to buy clothes
5:00 p.m. Link went to a CD shop so that ____________________. he could buy a CD
6:00 p. m. Link went to a restaurant so that _________ _______________________. he could have dinner Because _____________. he was hungry
7:00 p.m. Link went to Huang Pu River so that ________ _______________________. he could do some sightseeing Because________________________.ShangHais evening is very beautiful
11:00 p.m. Link went back to the hotel so that________ ___________________________. he could go to sleep Because ________________________.he was very tired
1. avoid v. 2. rewrite v. 3. bet v. 4. excuse n. v. 5. thought n. 6. brave adj. New Words
1. brave 2. guess 3. imagine 4. look forward to 5. hero (heroes) 6. stand up
1. Whos speaking? 2. When are they speaking? 3. What will happen next? Listen and answer the questions. Betty, Sally, Lingling and Mrs Styles are speaking. Before the concert starts. The concert will start.
1. How does Sally usually feel about playing on her own? 2. What do Lingling and Betty think of Sally? 3. What does Mrs Styles know? 4. Whats Mrs Styles going to do? Usually Sally feels afraid. Lingling thinks shes brave and Betty thinks shes a hero. She knows Sallys hand doesnt really hurt and it is only an excuse. We dont know. Maybe shes going to … (your own answer)
Listen and find out if your guess is correct. Whats Mrs Styles idea ? or Whats Mrs Styles going to do? She is going to rewrite the final dance music so that two people could play it together.
Check the true statements. 1. Sally missed the final practice because her hand hurt. 2. She said her hand hurt so Kylie could play on her own.
3. Kylie is having problems with her parents, and Sally is trying to be kind. 4. Lingling is guessing why Sally and Kylie are both standing up. 5. Kylie asked Mrs Styles to rewrite the dance music because she couldnt play it on her own.
1. Is Sally good at the violin? 2. Who was late? 3. Why did Sally miss the final practice? 4. Who will win, according to Lingling? Yes, she is. Lingling was late. Read and try to answer the questions. She missed it so that Kylie could play the music on her own. Sally will.
Adverbial clause 1. She missed the final practice so that Kylie could play this piece of music on her own. 2. She did it so that Kylie could avoid problems with her parents. 3. She asked their teacher to rewrite the final dance music so that two people could play it. …; …
4. Theyre standing up because theyre both going to play. 5. I bet Sally wins, because shes the real hero.
6. Kylie knew why Sally missed the final practice, so she asked their teacher to rewrite the final dance music. ;
Key words and phrases 1. be good at 2.come up 3.look forward to 4.on ones own 5.an excuse 6. so that 7. avoid (doing) sth. 8.be brave of sb. 9.a kind thought 10.Whats wrong with 11.ask sb.to do sth.
Do you think sally is a real hero? In your mind,who is a hero around you in your life?
Key phrases Summary 1. look forward to … 2. so that 3. on ones own 4. avoid (doing) sth. etc. Grammar point Adverbial clause with so,so that and because
Homework: 1. Preview the new words in Unit 2; 2. Finish Exercise 3 & 4 in your workbook (P128).