Presentation on theme: "按 “ 主语 + 谓语 ” 这种顺序排列的句子 是陈述语序， 如果变为 “ 谓语（或谓语的一部分） + 主语 ” 就是倒装语序。 Full inversion 全部倒装 （ 1 ） there be 句型 There is going to be a meeting. There is a book."— Presentation transcript:
按 “ 主语 + 谓语 ” 这种顺序排列的句子 是陈述语序， 如果变为 “ 谓语（或谓语的一部分） + 主语 ” 就是倒装语序。 Full inversion 全部倒装 （ 1 ） there be 句型 There is going to be a meeting. There is a book on the table.
(2) here, there, now, then, in, out 等 副词置于句首时，主谓倒装，但如 果主语是人称代词时，主语和谓语 语序不倒装。 Here comes the bus. Here he comes. (3) 直接引语的部分或全部位于 句首时，有时也有倒装 “What he said meant nothing”, said the teacher.
(4) 为保持句子平衡，强调表语或状 语，使上下文紧密衔接时须完全倒 装 In front of the house sat a small boy.
Partial inversion 部分倒装 （ 1 ） so, neither, nor 置于句首 说明与前者情况一致时 I like swimming, so does my brother.
(2) only + 状语，放句首 Only through this method can we win. Only in this way can we do the work well. (3) 含有否定意义的词置于句首 （ hardly, scarcely, not, seldom, no sooner, never, little, at no time, on no way, no more…) Never had I heard that. Little did I know about this.
(4) 以 often, so + 形容词或副词开头 的句子 So heavy is the box that he cannot carry it. (5) 用于省略 if 的虚拟条件句中，将 had, were, should 提前 Were I you, I wouldn’t do that. Had he come, we would have won. (6) 用于某些表示祝愿的句子 May you be happy forever.
Choose the proper words given to complete the sentences 1. Here ______ (are some letters, some letters are ) for you. 2. _______ (Down fell, Fell down) the train. 3. Away _______ ( go they, they go) 4. _______ (Away ran, Ran away) the boy. 5. Here _____ ( the bus comes, comes the bus)
6. Never ___ (I have, have I ) heard such nonsense. 7. Only today ___ ( I learnt, did I learn ) the dreadful news. 8. On no account ___ (must we, we must) give up. 9. Tea ___ (I like, do I like) 20. Chairman of the committee _____ (they have elected, have they elected) him.
Point out which inversion is used in each of the following sentences. Write “ F” for full inversion and “ P” for partial inversion: 1. Here’s the milkman. 2. Only by chance did I hear that her mother had died. 3. Not a wink could she sleep that night. 4. At the far end of the room stood a tall policeman. 5. No longer are they staying with us. F P F P P
6. Lying on the beach were groups of tourists. 7. Faint grew the sound of the bell. 8. Hardly had he finished his dinner when somebody knocked at the door. 9. Down fell a great pile of plates and dishes with a resounding crash. 10. Not only did they break into his office and steal his books, but also tore up 撕碎 his manuscript 手稿. F P F P F
Give the best choice to complete the sentences 1. They searched for hours, but ___ be found. A. at no time could the missing spoon B. nowhere could the missing spoon C. nowhere the missing spoon 2. __ got outside than it began to rain. A. No sooner l had B. No sooner had I C. No sooner I
3. ___ possible to explain their behavior. A. In this way alone it is B. Only in this way it is C. Only in this way is it 4. I seldom watch TV, _______. A. so does my daughter B. my daughter is too C. my daughter doesn’t too D. nor does my daughter 5. “ I found it easier to learn English than to learn Russian.” “ _______.” A. I notice so B. So I notice C. So notice I D. Did I notice so
6. Not once ___ his view of life. A. did the gentleman mention B. the gentleman mentioned that C. the gentleman mentioned D. does the gentleman mentioned 7. ___, but also she was very polite. A. She was not only hard working B. Not only she was hard working C. She not only was hard working D. Not only was she hard working
8. So badly ___ in the accident that he was detained in the hospital for treatment. A. did he injure B. he did injure C. was he injured D. he was injured 9. Here ___ you want. A. the dictionary B. is the dictionary C. the dictionary is D. is there the dictionary