提前部分 + 谓语 + 主语 提前部分助动词 / 情态动词 + 主语 + v.… 完全倒装 部分倒装 In came the headmaster. Little does he care for food.
1 ）句首为否定词： never, rarely, seldom, little, hardly, scarcely, by no means, in no way, nowhere, not, hardly, not until etc. Never have I seen him before. Seldom do we go out. Little does he know what trouble he is in.
Exercises: We are going nowhere at the weekend. He did not make a single mistake. Nowhere are we going at the weekend. Not a single mistake did he make.
2)Only + 状语，位于句首 Only in this way can you work out the problem. He was able to get back home only when the war was over. Only when the war was over, was he able to get back home. Exercise:
3) No sooner…than… Hardly …when… Scarcely …when… Hardly had they gone out of the classroom when it began to rain. 位于句首
He had no sooner arrived there than he fell ill. No sooner had he arrived there than he fell ill. He had scarcely fallen asleep when a knock at the door awaked her. Scarcely had she fallen asleep when a knock at the door awaked her. Exercises:
4.not …until… Not until yesterday did I know the news. So loudly did he speak that even people in the next room could hear him. so ….that... 位于句首
I did not begin to do my homework until my mother came back. Not until my mother came back did I begin to do my homework. Exercises:
5) Not only…but also… 连接两 个句子时 Not only was there no electricity at that time but also (there was) no water in the area. He is not only an actor but also a writer. Not only is he an actor but also (he is) a writer.
6) so neither/nor 引起的句子表 示前面所说的 情况也适用于 另一个人 He likes rice very well. So do I. I have never been abroad. Neither has he.
We saw the film last week. They saw it, too. We saw the film last week. So did they. I read I didn’t read the notice on the blackboard. He didn’t either. I didn’t read the notice on the blackboard. Nor did he. *It was cold yesterday. So it was. Exercises:
7. prep. + no + n. 位于句首 At no time will China be the first to use nuclear weapons. By no means can teaching be separated from practice.
8. 省略了 if 的虚拟条件句 虚拟条件句的谓语动词如果是 were, had, should 时，可省略 if, 但其谓语须倒装。 Had you worked hard at your lessons, you would have passed the exam.
We often warned them not to do so. Often did we warn them not to do so. 句首为表示方式或频率的副词 如 well, many a time, often My father has given me help many a time. Many a time has my father given me help.
完全倒装 Here, there, then, now, 或 out, in, up, down, away, off 等副词开头的句子 There goes the bell. Out rushed the teacher.
Then came a new difficulty. Now comes your turn. 主语是人称代词，语序不变。 Here you are. Out it comes.
直接引语的一部分或全部放在 句首时，有时用倒装。 “I’ll call again after supper,” said he. “Let me go on with the operation.” said one of the doctors.
表语（介词短语） + 系动词 + 主语 In the corner was a table. (A table was in the corner.) 强调表语时使用 Around his head was a brown snake.
*As 引导的让步状语从句 Old as he was, he insisted on going with us. Hard as he worked, he failed. Child as he is, he knows a lot about the world. Try as he might, Tom could not get out of he difficulty.
状语（介词短语） + v. + S. On the wall hangs an old jacket. (To the) east of the city lie two lakes. Two lakes lie to the east of the city. At the foot of the hill we saw a house, in front which sat a small boy.