Presentation on theme: "I can’t stand my poor English! I want to improve my situation! I want to change my life. I don’t want to let parents down! I don’t ever want to let my."— Presentation transcript:
I can’t stand my poor English! I want to improve my situation! I want to change my life. I don’t want to let parents down! I don’t ever want to let my country down! Most importantly, I don’t want to let myself down! I want to speak perfect English! I want to understand all kinds of accents! I want to read thousands of books! I want to translate freely between Chinese and English. I want to be the master of the world’s two most important languages: Chinese and English.
Some of Li Yang’s favorite words of wisdom: 1.It is impossible to defeat a person who never gives up. 2. Never give up! 3. Life is not always sweet. 4. Winning starts with beginning. 5. If you can dream it, you can do it. 6. Pain past is pleasure. 7. Storms make trees take deeper roots. 8. I’m the master of my fate. 9. Nothing is impossible. 10. Attitude is everything.
半倒装 半倒装指的是只把助动词或情态动词 放在主语前. (1) 一般疑问句及某些特殊疑问句 : Can you speak French? Have you ever seen the movie? What are you doing?
(2) so 和 neither/nor 开头表示 ” 也 ” 或 ” 也不 ” 的句子 : 这种句型用语重复前句部分内容，前句是肯定句用 so; 前句是否定句用 nor 或 neither. 所指的往往是另一人 或另一物. 它的谓语应与前句谓语的时态, 形式相一致. He has been to Beijing. So have I. Tom can’t answer the question. Neither can I. --Do you know he was caught stealing? --I don’t know, nor do I care about it. Neither did they write nor did they telephone. ★ He said he would call on her. So he did. Tom is a student and he likes English. So it is with me.
(3) only+ 状语在句首 : 副词 Only + 状语 介词短语 + 半倒装 状语从句 Only once was he beaten for his dishonesty. Only by working hard can we succeed in everything. Only when he told me did I realize it. 注意 : Only this book is liked by Mary. (only 用于修饰主语时, 不倒装 )
4. 否定词在句首 : 否定词包括 : (1) 单词 : seldom, never, barely, rarely, little, not a bit, never, no longer/more, nowhere, not once 等 Never shall I do this again. Little did he know who the woman was. Hardly did he know that the police were after him.
(2) 介词短语 : in no time( 立刻 ), at no time/in no way/in no case/by no means/on no account/under no circumstances/on no condition( 决不 ) By no means is it true that all English people know their own language well. On no condition must you climb that high wall. Under no circumstances should you lend him any money.
(3) 含否定意义的句型中 : 1)Hardly Barely + 半倒装 + when + 陈述句形式 Scarcely 即 : had + 主 + Vpp… (Ved) No sooner + 半倒装 (had+ 主 +Vpp…)+ than + 陈述句 (Ved) Hardly/Barely/Scarcely had he arrived at the station when the train began to leave. No sooner had she gone out than the telephone rang.
2) Not only + 半倒装, but (also) + 陈述句形式 Not only did he work faster, but also he worked better. Not only should we not be afraid of difficulties, but also we should try our best to overcome them. 注意 : not only…but also… 连接的是并列主语时, 不倒装. Not only Jack but also Mary is my friend.
3)Not until + 陈述句 / 时间 + 主句半倒装 Not until the teacher came did he finish his homework. Not until yesterday did I learn anything about it. 注意 : 下面句子不倒装 ( 强调句式 ) It was not until the teacher came that he finished his homework.
练习 1.I could find him nowhere. 2. He has not once failed to fulfill his task. 3. We could agree to this under no circumstances. Nowhere could I find him. Not once has he failed to fulfill his task. Under no circumstances could we agree to this.
4. You can master English only in this way. 5. I hardly thought it possible. 6. He was no longer in charge of this work. 7. He spent not a penny of the money. Only in this way can you master English. Hardly did I thought it possible. No longer was he in charge of this work. Not a penny of the money did he spend.
8. He didn’t arrive at the sports ground until the game had began. 9. Newfoundland didn’t become Canada’s tenth province until 1949. 10. I not only know her, but I am her best friend. Not until the game had began did he arrive at the sports ground. Not until 1949 did Newfoundland become Canada’s tenth province. Not only do I know her, but I am her best friend.
11. He had hardly arrived when he was asked to leave again. 12. We had no sooner reached home than it began pouring. 13. He had scarcely gone out when it began to rain. Hardly had he arrived when he was asked to leave again. No sooner had we reached home than it began pouring. Scarcely had he gone out when it began to rain.
1.I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in my life ___ so happy! (2000,spring) A did I feel B I feel C I had felt D had I felt 2. __can you expect to get a pay rise.(2001) A With hard work B Although work hard C Only with hard work D Now that he works hard A C
3.-David has made great progress recently. --_______, and________.(1997) A So he has, so you have B So he has, so have you C So has he, so have you D So has he,so you have 4. – You forgot your purse when you went out. -- Good heavens,_______.(2002) A so did I B so I did C I did so D I so did B B
5.Not until the next morning ____. A. did Mary come back B. Mary came back C. came Mary back D. came back Mary 6.Hardly ____ when it began to rain. A. had he got home B. he had got home C. had got home he D. he home had got 7.No sooner ____ than he fell asleep. A. his head had touched the pillow B. had his head touched the pillow C. touched the pillow his head had D. touched the pillow had his head 8.Little ____. A. did I think of it B. I thought of it C. did think I of it D. thought of it I
9.Seldom ____. A.LiLi her feelings showed B.did show LiLi her feelings C.LiLi showed her feelings D.did LiLi show her feelings 10.Never before in her life ____ such beautiful and precious jewelry. A. he saw B. did he see C. has she seen D. she has seen
11.Only when he has finished his homework ____. A. is able to he play with his friends for a while B. he able to play with is his friends for a while C. is he able to play with his friends for a while D. he is able to play with his friends for a while 12.Not only ____ but also she likes singing. A. she likes painting B. does she like painting C. likes painting she D.she does like painting