SS OPS Power On/Off & Volume System/Group Select Antenna System/Group Select Power On/Off & Volume Option Button 1 Clear Button Push-to-Talk (PTT) Battery (on Back) Display Emergency Button Universal Device Connector “UDC” (On Side) Keypad Speaker Antenna Emergency Button TX / RX Indicator P5150 Front and Top Views
-- System Select OPT -- Option Button 2 A/D -- Add or Delete Group in Scan List M -- Menu List SCN -- Scan On/Off M A/D OPTSCN Keypad Functions
P5150 Alert Tones Call Originateshort mid-pitched beep (“beep”) Autokeyshort mid-pitched beep sounding after queued and an open channel is gained (“beep”) Call Queuedhigh-pitched tone (“beep”) sounded when the system places the call request in a queue System Busythree low-pitched tones (“dut-dut-dut”), only with I-Calls Call Deniedlow-pitched tone (“bomp”) sounded when the radio is not authorized on the selected system Timing Outfive short high-pitched warning tones (“beep..”) followedby a low- pitched tone (“bomp”) Key Press Alertshort tone “beep”= access; low-pitched “bomp”= denial Low Batteryshort quiet mid-pitched tone (“beep”) Missed I-Calltelephone ring sounded when an incoming individual call is not answered
SS OPS 4 1 2 3 5 Operation To Talk 1.Turn on the radio. 2.Select the group you want to reach. 3.Group names appear on Line 2 of the display. 4.Push-to-Talk (PTT). 5.Indicator will light red while transmitting (orange if transmitting in encrypted mode)
G 12345 OPS 2 5 1 4 3 To Receive A Call 1.The caller’s Radio ID or alias appears on Line 1 (ex. 12345). 2.Group that is transmitting appears on Line 2. 3.Indicator will light green while receiving. 4.If in SCAN and you want to talk to the caller, change to the group that appeared in the display. 5.PTT to respond.
LOCKED OPS 1 1 Locking/Unlocking the Keypad 1. Press M then OPTION button one after the other to LOCK / UNLOCK the keypad. 1. All keys except PTT, Emergency, and M are locked. Knobs function normally.
SS PMO 2 1 Changing Groups 1.Turn the GROUP SELECT knob to select a group. 2.Group names appear on Line 2 of the display.
1. Use the keys to select another system. 2.System names appear on Line 1 of the display. BH OPS 1 2 Changing Systems
SS OPS 3 4 1.To Scan, you must have a Scan List. 2.To edit your Scan List, you must have Scan turned off. 3.If necessary, turn Scan off by pressing SCN. 4.The indicator will disappear from the display. Establishing a Scan List
SS OPS III 1 2, 3, 4 3 Adding Groups to the Scan List (2) 1.Turn the Group Select knob to the group you wish to add to your Scan List. 2.Press the A/D key once to add the group to the Scan List. 3. will appear in the display indicating the addition of the group to the Scan List. 4.Press A/D again to put the group in priority scan modes 2, 1, or to Delete the group from the scan list. priority scan mode 1 priority scan mode 2 priority scan mode 3
CNTRST=3 OPS 1,2,5 2,4 Changing the Contrast 1. Press M to enter the Menu mode. 2. Use the keys to find and select CONTRAST, and press M a second time. 3. CNTRST = 1, 2, 3, or 4 will appear in the display with the current setting. 4. Use the keys to change the brightness. 5. Press M a third time to store the change.
BCKL ON OPS 1,2,5 2,4 Backlight Control 1.Press M to enter the Menu mode. 2.Use the keys to find and select BCK LGHT and press M a second time. 3.BCK LGHT= ON or OFF will appear in the display with the current setting. 4.Use the keys to toggle the backlight on and off. 5.Press M a third time to store the change.
2 3 1 Changing the Battery 1.Before changing the battery, turn the radio off. 2.Press the battery release button on the bottom of the battery. 3.Lift the bottom of the battery pack up and away until it separates from the radio. 4.Insert the top of the new battery pack onto the radio then push down the bottom of the battery pack until it clicks. 4 4
Configuring and Programming the ASIP Radio Sandhurst Communications
1) Check the set for completeness: Make sure that all the necessary components and accessories are on hand and ready for use. Never operate the transmitter without the antenna attached. Prepare ASIP Radio For Operation 2) Inspect the condition of the knobs, dials, switches, and controls: Look for knobs, dials, switches, and controls that are loose on their shafts, bind when being operated, won't operate, or are damaged in any other way. Make corrections where possible or report the faulty condition. Make sure that all knobs and exterior parts are on the set. Immediately report any that are missing. 3) Check the condition of plugs, receptacles, and connectors: Do not attempt to connect the set for operation until you are sure that the plugs and connectors are clean and in good condition and that the receptacles to which they must be connected are also clean and in good condition.
Antenna Port Function Switch Fill Port Audio/Data Port Battery Bay ASIP Port Orientation
1. Turn selector switch from ‘off’ to ‘test’ GOOD 1. 2. Run Diagnostic Test 2. Verify that the display screen reads ‘good’ following test completion *Note: If the displays shows fail then the radio is not serviceable. Run the test an additional cycle to ensure serviceability.
3. Turn selector switch from ‘test’ to load, ‘LD’ 3. 4. Configure Mode 4. Press Menu/CLR on the face plate 5. The menu button displays 5 different menus which are all located on top of the Faceplate with the exception of the volume. PWR- Power MODE- Mode CHAN- Channel CMSC- COMSEC VOLUME-Volume (Not Displayed) 5.
-PWR-MODE-CHAN-CMSC-VOL HI SC Man PT 1 LOW FH 1 CT 2 MED FHM 2 TD 3 PA FH2 3 RV 4 FH2M 4 5 5 6 6 7 C 8 9 Menu Options
1.Ensure selector switch is on ‘LD’ 1. 2. 3. Mode=SC Configure Mode 2. Press Menu/CLR button until MODE displays on screen 3. Press 7/Change button until SC displays on screen
1. Ensure Function/Selector Switch is on ‘LD’ 1 2 3 4 5 7 CHAN= 1 2. Press the Menu button until ‘Channel’ is displayed 3. Press the desired number channel you wish to set the frequency to be on. Setting the frequencies to the Channel. 4. After setting the channel press the ‘FREQ’ button to show you what frequency you are currently on. 5. Press CLR to zero out the frequency 6. After clearing the frequency you have approx. 5 to 7 seconds to punch in your five digit frequency. (Enter desired Frequency) 7. Once you have added the frequency press STO to confirm the frequency to that desired Channel. Configure Channel 000000
Ensure function switch remains on ‘LD’ 1. 2. COMSEC= PT Configure COMSEC 1.Press ‘Menu’ button until ‘COMSEC’ is displayed. 2. Press the 7/CHG button until you reach ‘PT’ for Plain Text.
Ensure that the function/selector switch is on ‘LD’ 1. 2. POWER= LOW 3. Configure Power 1. Press menu button until screen displays “POWER=(HI, MED,or LOW)” 2. Press number 7/CHG and select desired power setting 3. Turn selector switch to the ‘ON’ position
Properly enter a NET and communicate with correct protocol using: Enter the NET Proper Call Signs Proper PROWORDS Phonetics and Numerals Sending SALUTE, MEDEVAC