2The information discussed and presented is Avaya proprietary and intended for the sole use of Avaya associates and authorized Business Partners for the purpose of selling Avaya solutions and services. Use of any of this information by any organization attempting to sell non-Avaya solutions and services is strictly prohibited.
3Midmarket Trends Productivity BYOD Mobility Virtualization Optimize Collaborate for taking immediate decisionsBYODLimited internal IT staffMobilityMinimize exposure to riskNearly 50% of employees work outside the officeVirtualizationMidmarket customers want to improve their reachability and productivity, add mobility with secure BYOD strategies, optimize infrastructure, use virtualization while using a cost effective solution that allows them to fight some of their concerns such as limited IT Staff, Exposure to risk, Complexity, real time collaboration and that nearly 50% of employees are working outside the office.OptimizeinfrastructureComplexity in operationsCloud ServicesForesights Workforce Employee Survey, Q2 20123
4R9 Avaya IP Office Mobility Video Security Networking Built-in apps LowerTCO2,000 usersMS LyncIntegrationMobilityVideoSecurityNetworkingBYODCloud readyVerticalSolutionsFor all these concerns and trends, IP Office is a great solutions which provides several facilities which we can see at a glance.Scalability for up to 2,000 users, VMware ready, lower TCO, Built in applications such as messaging, mobility, call recording, VPN connection, MS Lync plug-in, a Web management interface among others.Besides, IP Office offers a complete solution with IPT, UC, CC, Video, Security and Networking for our customersFor this reason, IP office manages and solves the Midmarket trends that we reviewed in the previous slideWebMgmtInterfaceVMwareReadyAvayaAuraready
5Cisco - End of Life Announcement UC300, UC5X0, BE3000 and BE5000Avaya IP Office delivers a higher value than those Cisco legacy systems while offering key new features: web management, VMware ready and scalability among others with a cost effective solution.Cisco legacy systems are EoL since January 2014BE6000Cisco announced the End of life of their small and midmarket systems on January The UC 300 and 500, also BE3K and 5K are not sold anymore and basically Cisco is telling all the customers with these legacy systems that they need to migrate to the BE6K.For that, customers will need to buy a new server, buy new licenses, install the system from scratch and be trained again on how to manage the solution. As you can see, this is basically like buying a new system.Then, what we need to do I look for customers with this installed based of UC and BE systems and sell the IP Office which delivers higher value with additional key features that these legacy systems didn’t offer such as web management, VMware ready and scalability among others.2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
67 13 22 Avaya IP Office Cisco BE 6000 Cisco BE 7000 IPO 500v2 ISR ISR TDM TrunkISRISRSIP TrunkSBCBuilt-inCUBEBuilt-inCUBEVPN-Less AccessBuilt -inExpresswayExpresswayx4BE6000TelephonyIP Office SECUCMBE70001 server/ 1k users4-6 VM/svrCUCMMessagingVoic ProUnity ConnectionUnity ConnectionIM/PresenceBuilt-inIM/PresenceIM/PresenceManagementWeb ManagerPrime CollaborationPrime CollaborationConferencingBuilt -inBuilt-inBuilt-inMobilityOne-X Mobile ClientJabber clientJabber client911 servicesBuilt-inEmergency ResponderEmergency ResponderBuilt-inPagingPagingPagingVCSVCSVideoRadvision SMEConductorConductorContact CenterCCCCCCIdentity EnginesIDESecure Network SvrSecure Network Svr# Boxes + Virtual Machines3 B + 4 VM3 B + 10 VM6 B + 16 VMTotal Components713222010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
7Avaya vs. Cisco solution per market size UCMBE7KBE6KAuraIP Office1K2K3K4K5K6K7K +
8Why Avaya Wins Against Cisco BE6K with IP Office 1. Richer Mobile Experience2. More Flexible Solution3. At Least 2x More Scalable4. Simpler SIP Trunking and VPN-less Access5. Easier to Set Up and AdministerHere are the reasons why we are winning against Cisco BE6K with IP Office:6. Easier Networking Integration7. At Least 20% Lower TCO2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
9One-X Mobile Preferred Wi-Fi - 3G/4G Connectivity 1. Richer Mobile ExperienceCISCOJabberOne-X Mobile PreferredOne-X Mobile Preferred offers rich conference controls with click-to-conference, entry/exit notifications, moderate a conference (mute/unmute/disconnect/ isolate).Geo-Presence uses your Mobile Device GPS to provide your contacts location on a map. You can place a call, send an IM or add that contact to a conference directly from the map view.The “Follow a user” feature automatically monitors if your contacts are available and you will be notified when their presence status changes.Allows callback as soon as the calling person is available.✓IM/Presence✓Wi-Fi - 3G/4G Connectivity✓✓✓✓Visual Voice MailCallback✓Conference Controls✓Geo-Presence✓Follow a user✓IP Office provides a richer mobile experience and in this slide we have a comparison between Jabber and OX Mobile Preferred. Basically, both applications provide IM/Presence, Dual connectivity (Wi-Fi to 4G or 3G), visual voice but IP office also delivers conference controls which help mobile users while on the road to easily click-to-conference, receive entry and exit notifications, moderate a conference by muting/unmuting, disconnecting or isolating participants. The geo-presence feature uses your mobile device GPS to provide your contacts location on a map besides you can effortlessly place a call, send an IM or add that contact to a conference directly from the map view.Then, follow a user will automatically monitors your contacts and when they are available, you will be notified when their presence status change.Jabber provides point to point video and if this is a solution needed by a customer then you should position Avaya Video solutions.With all these features mobile employees will increase their productivity by being able to locate team workers anywhere, anytime to make decisions in real time.✓Video p2pWith Avaya, mobile employees can increase their productivity by being able to locate team workers anywhere and anytime to make decisions in real time.By empowering mobile workers with resources from the office while they are outside.
102. More Flexible Solution CISCOCISCOCISCOSoftware OfferCustomer can choose the best environment for their solution: Avaya Appliances or 3rd party servers with Avaya software only. However, Cisco BE runs only on Cisco servers7821E-1297861960878419608G1Line Appearances21*1624424ProtocolSIPSIPSIPH.323SIPH.323VPN client support✓✓Expansion Module✓✓Price (Phone + Lic)$380$ 1551$575$405$605$4451All phones support speaker full-duplex and PoE Class 1* Supports 2 calls through a Flash keyIP Office provides a more flexible solution as customers can choose the best environment for their solution: Avaya Appliances or 3rd party servers with Avaya software only. However, Cisco BE6000 runs only on Cisco servers.Additionally, here we are showing the phones that Cisco is frequently positioning and its equivalent on Avaya.7821 is compared to the new E-129, both are low-end ip phones. The supports 2 line appearances and the E-129 has one but it can handle 2 calls through the use of a Flash key. The price includes phones and licenses because with Cisco uses different licenses for each phone. For example the and 41 need to have at least the Enhanced user connect license which increases the cost per user.Additionally, if you compare these phones to the 9608 and 9808G, the Avaya phones have more line appearance which will help people depending on their role to handle several calls and having access to any call features required with just a click, expansion modules might be added and VPN clients are supported. With Cisco phones these last 2 facilities are not supported.Customers will decide which is the best strategy for them by re-using their existing servers and virtualizing IP Office help to reduce the solution footprint or acquiring Avaya servers.Besides, they will benefit from the increase adjustability of using IP Phones for several business purposes: procurement, services, finance, legal departments and lobbies among others; while having easy to access buttons for using extensive telephony features and attaching expansion modules when needed. With the VPN client, phones can be used at remote sites or home depending on the user’s need.9608X Expansion Modules (up to 3)The low-cost 69xx series had only launched in 2009, initially intended to replace analog endpoints, primarily in emerging markets. Cisco, however, found they could be much more competitive as low-cost SIP endpoints across mainstream enterprise accounts. The early demise appears to be due to lack of market uptake based on poor aesthetics, lack of features, and quality issues.The Cisco® IP Phone 7821 requires a Basic User Connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The Cisco® IP Phone 7841 and 7861 require an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.Customers will decide which is the best strategy for them, by reducing the solution footprint using their existing servers with IP Office virtualized option or acquiring Avaya servers.Besides, they will benefit from the increase adjustability of using IP Phones for several business purposes, while having easy to access buttons for several call features and they will benefit from the usage of VPN phones in remote sites.Cisco 7841/7861 require an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL)
113. At Least 2x More Scalable Cisco BE6000Avaya IP Office1,0002,000Users60512Audio Conf ports24200Messaging PortsIP Office provides at least a 2 times more scalable solution as it supports up to 2,000 users vs 1,000 with BE6KThe maximum audio conferencing ports is 512 vs 60, for messaging this is 200 vs 24 and the agents that can be managed is 250 vs 100.For example, if Cisco is proposing a solution to a customer that has 600 users, then the BE6K will be the best solution but if after some time this customer grows and passes the 1000 agents. Cisco will be proposing the BE7K which is suitable for 1000 to 5000 users but this means that customers need to buy another server, move licenses and install the system again.This is like buying shoes for your kids, if you know they are growing faster then, you will buy the ones that give room to grow without buying new shoes in the short-term.For all these reasons, IP Office helps customer to easily grow as their business expands without forcing a platform changeAvaya IP Office helps customers to easily grow as their business expands without forcing a platform change100250Call Center Agents
124. Simpler SIP trunking and VPN-less access CISCOSIP Trunking SecurityAvaya SBC delivers secure treatment for SIP trunking connectionsSIP Trunking SecurityCisco CUBE manages secure treatment for SIP trunking connectionsAvaya SBC is a single solution that offers higher security at a lower cost.Secure VPN-less Access for Mobile DevicesCisco Expressway offers VPN-less access for remote workers. It is designed and sold exclusively with UCM 9.1 and later.Secure VPN-less Access for Mobile DevicesAvaya SBC provides VPN-less access for mobile and remote usersSimpler SIP trunking and VPN-less accessAvaya SBC is a single-box solution addressing security issues in SIP networks, providing both SIP trunks security and VPN less access for mobile and remote users.On the opposite side, Cisco needs CUBE software which is installed on a router for providing SIP trunking and another application will be required for delivering VPN less access, this solution is the Expressway. The Expressway is designed for and sold exclusively with UCM 9.1 and above. So if there are customers using a R8 and they need a VPN less solution, then they will need to upgrade their systems to the latest release. In the end, customers will need to buy 2 different applications for SIP trunks and VPN less access.Therefore, position the ASBCE as a single solution that offers higher security at a lower cost.2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
135. Easier to Set up and Administer Avaya IP Office delivers a single image software inclusive of all applications, making it easier to set up and to administer. This saves on average 50% of your IT staff timeAvaya IP Office functions as a VPN concentrator for connecting VPN phones in just one server. Besides, VPN phones can be configured directly at the remote location for faster deploymentsSet up2 hours hoursOn goingConfigurationBasic Features1 minute minutesAdvanced Features1 - 2 minutes – 4 minutesCISCO55% fasterAvaya IP Office offers secure connectivity for VPN phones. And allows an easy configuration directly at the remote location.Cisco needs a different gateway for managing secure connectivity for remote VPN phones. Also, the VPN phones need to be configured at the main site and then delivered to the remote site to be deployed.50% fasterIP office is easier to set up and administer.We can install, configure and test that an IP Office is ready to be used in 2 hours but Cisco BE6K will required 4.5 hours because several virtual machines will need to be installed such as CUCM for call control, Unity for messaging, Prime collaboration for management and IM/presence among others.Customers that need VPN phones at remote locations can easily configure the Avaya phone directly from the remote location. But with Cisco VPN phones, they need to be configured at the main site and then delivered to the remote site to be deployed. And another gateway for VPN tunnels will be needed.For this, IP Office can be set up 55% faster than BE6KFor ongoing configuration changes, IP office is 50% faster. An administrator that is working on a basic configuration for adding a new user or a voic , will only need 1 minute with IP office versus 2 minutes for BE6K. And for adding UC clients for smartphones, tables or laptops, Be6K will require between 3 to 4 minutes meanwhile IP Office can manage it in less then 2 minutes.IP Office Web manager is a great interface for administrator which helps to complete tasks easily and within minutes. This is a friendly interface which can be used just like an IPad or iPhone by turning on and off the features that a user will need.Avaya IP Office delivers a single image inclusive of all applications, making it easier to set up and to administer. This saves on average 50% of your IT staff timeBesides, IP Office functions as a VPN concentrator for connecting VPN phones in just one server. And the VPN phones can be configured directly at the remote location for faster deployments.50% fasterSet up time includes all the necessary steps to make a system operational including software installation, configuration, and testing. It applies to all key components including call control, messaging, UC, conferencing, management interface and trunking.Basic feature configuration includes creating a new user, adding a voic or changing a password.Advanced feature configuration considers adding UC clients.
146. Easier Networking Integration Auto SetupFor deployment cases where there might not be a data networking specialist on site, ERS 3500/4000 provides an automated script to enable fast, error free installation when deployed with IP Office. It only requires to issue a single command, “run ip office”, and it will automate the entire set up process on the ERS 3500/4000 switch delivering:Voice and Data VLANsThe IP address management on the ERSThe IP address for IP Office file serverQoS policies for connecting IP phones.Customers deploying ERS 3500/4000 switches with IP Office, enjoy increasing operational simplicity. They will configure the switch with just one command, as well as simplify ongoing adds, moves and changesThis helps ensure fast setup and error free deployment in branch officesERS switch can save nearly one hour on configuration time and labor cost.Easier Networking Integration consist on the auto set up process of Avaya switches, when we are integrating the IP office with Avaya ERS switches, this provides an automated script to enable fast, error free installation when deployed with IP Office. It only requires to issue a single command, “run ip office”, and automates the entire set up process on the ERS 3500/4000 switch delivering:Voice and Data VLANsSets IP address management on ERSSets IP address for IP Office file serverQoS policies for connecting IP phones.Lets analyze this graphic where we have 3 options for setting up a switch and here we are presenting the differences on configuration time and labor costsManual – User must manually configure each switch port – generally with multiple parameters, When installing IP Office on non-Avaya switches - that is the process required for any network switch in the market, you need data expertise and this requires nearly 60 minutes which converted to dollars is approximately 125 dollarsPrompted set up – User enters VLAN IDs, IP addresses and static route information; QoS policies are automatically defined, when installing IP Office with custom settings - just 2 mins of time which represents 4 dollars based on our first case.Auto set up – Single command configures all switch ports with pre-defined defaults. No data expertise and is done in just 1 minute and just 2 dls of labor cost.Customers deploying ERS 3500/4000 switches with IP Office, enjoy increasing operational simplicity. They can configure the switch with just one command, as well as simplify ongoing adds, moves and changes neededThis helps ensure fast setup and error free deployment in branch officesVideo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kGicfz3EgU
15Cost per user based on a 3 years cost 7. At Least 20% Lower TCOCost per user based on a 3 years costIn this is side we are showing that IP Office delivers at least 20% lower TCO. Here we have different sizing scenarios from 10 to a 1000 users.All the scenarios include the IP infrastructure (servers + gateways/routers), mid-range IP phones, trunks, audio conferencing, messaging, collaboration for 20% of the users and 3 years CSSS plus upgrades.As you can see in all the scenarios, IP Office offers a lower TCO, besides Partners can win more business by adding value added services, monitoring and consulting to customers when selling IP Office, while always delivering a cost effective solution.Partners can now win more business by including monitoring, consulting and any value added services with IP Office deals, while providing a cost effective solutionUser scenarios consider IP infrastructure (servers + gateways/routers), mid-range IP phones, trunks, audio conferencing, messaging,20% collaboration client and 3 years service support plus upgrades.2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
16Awards and Recognitions Avaya collaboration solutions have been recognized worldwide in different regionsOthers RecognitionsPositioned as a Leader in Gartner Magic QuadrantsUnified CommunicationsContact Center InfrastructureCorporate Telephony“Positive” rating in Gartner MarketScopesGroup Video SystemsIVR Systems and Enterprise Voice PortalsUnified Communications for the SMB, North AmericaUnified Communications for the SMB, Western EuropeNorth America(2013) Product Leadership Award – Software-based Video Conferencing Solution(2013) Market Share Leadership Award – Inbound Contact Routing SystemsAPAC(2013) Vendor of the Year – Inbound Contact Routing Systems(2013) Customer Value Enhancement Award – Self Services in Contact Center (IVR)(2012) Inbound Contact Routing Systems Vendor of the Year(2012) Customer Value Enhancement Award for Self Services in Contact CenterSE Asia(2013) Growth Excellence Award – Video Collaboration Market(2013) Market Share Leadership Award – Contact Center ApplicationsEMEA(2012) Market Share Leadership Award – Inbound Contact Routing SystemsGlobal(2012) Videoconferencing and Telepresence Endpoints New Product Innovation AwardEdison AwardThird Edison Award for Innovation in Collaboration and CommunicationsIDC MarketScapeA leader in Worldwide Unified Communications and CollaborationCurrent Analysis Intelligence ReportOutbound Contact Express; positive analyst perspectiveInfo~Tech2013 Video Conferencing Vendor Landscape Award (Champion status)InfoComm2013 Best of Show Award for SMB: Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP OfficeTMC2012 Speech Technology Excellence Award for Avaya Aura® Experience PortalSpeech Technology2012 Star Performer Award for Avaya/Aurix2012 Vendor Contender Award for Speech Analytics, AurixMIC Research InstituteContact Center Market Leader in JapanIn this slide, we have some of the awards and recognitions for Avaya solutions and how analyst are rating the different products.For example: Gartner has provide positive rating for our Small and Medium Business solutions in North America and Western Europe, also InfoComm deliver in 2013 the Best of Show Award to the Video Collaboration solution for IP Office.2012 PilotHouse Award: Radvision, an Avaya Company, Ranked First in Market Challenger Category2012 PilotHouse Market Leader Award for IP Contact Center2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
17Why Avaya Wins Against Cisco BE6K with IP Office 1. Richer Mobile Experience2. More Flexible Solution3. At Least 2x More Scalable4. Simpler SIP Trunking and VPN-less Access5. Easier to Set Up and AdministerI just want to summarize that here we have the 7 facts why we are wining position IP Office against Cisco BE6k.If you need additional information regarding these facts or other solutions you might be interested, visit the Competitive War Room at the Competitive Intelligence Section.Have a happy selling!6. Easier Networking Integration7. At Least 20% Lower TCO2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.