Presentation on theme: "Asia Future Internet Forum 2008.5.21 Kilnam Chon 2008.5.21."— Presentation transcript:
Asia Future Internet Forum 2008.5.21 Kilnam Chon 2008.5.21
1. Objective Network Common for Asia Future Internet Community Network of Excellence
2. Activities Education Event Testbed Joint Project Working Group
2.1 Education Courses Academic Course (regular semester course) One-Week Course(AsiaFI School) Tutorial (one or two day course) Ph.D Thesis Database on Ph.D students; Thesis topic, abstract, proposal,... Database on Professors Collaboration on Ph.D thesis supervision
2.2 Event Annual Conference (jointly with national organizations) Workshops
2.3 Testbed Testbed coordination including user requirement and usage
2.4 Joint Project Provides a common to facilitate joint project development
2.5 Working Group Complimentary effort to national effort The initial two working groups; Architecture & Buildin Blocks WG Mobile & Wireless WG
3. Organization Structure General Assembly Board Steering Group Education Committee WGs Secretariat
4. Meeting (2008) 2008.1 AsiaFI Meetings Honolulu 2008.2 AsiaFI School on Mobile & Wireless Network Seoul 2008.6 International Conference on Future Internet (Jointly with FIF) Seoul 2008.8 AsiaFI School on Architecture Jeju 2008.10 AsiaFI Workshop Qingdao 2009.1 AsiaFI School on Mobile & Wireless Network Beijing
5. Initial Staffing (2008~2010) Board Steering Committee Education Committee Architecture & Building Block WG Mobile & Wireless Network WG Secretariat Remark: More WGs are expected in 2008~2009.
6. Remark/Issue 1.AsiaFI activity requires bigger overhead than national activity, and AsiaFI needs to concentrate on areas where return on investment is very good. We should also make AsiaFI effort more productive to offset the overhead. 2. We need to look into snergy(and symbios) among major participants. 3. We may put high priority on graduate education at AsiaFI in order to develop the next generation researchers for future internet (long term research). 4. We may look into fair share on open research on the future internet. 5. Many people are very busy, and we have to take this factor into consideration. 6. Many researchers dont know their peers in other countries, and it may take much effort to build good human networks.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.