Presentation on theme: "Asia Future Internet Forum - Summary - AsiaFI Steering Group 2011.3.4."— Presentation transcript:
Asia Future Internet Forum - Summary - AsiaFI Steering Group
Table of Contents 1.Objective 2.Activities 3.Organization Structure 4.Meetings 5.Remark/Issue Reference Appendix 1: AsiaFI Participation Appendix 2: AsiaFI School Participation Statistics Appendix 3: Future Internet Activities in Asia
1. Objective - Network Common on Future Internet Research - Network of Excellence Development - Joint Research Activity
2. Activities Event Technical Groups Joint Research Testbed
2.1 Events Annual Summer Meeting with School, Workshop, and Group Meeting Winter Meeting Workshops
2.2 Technical Groups Working Group(WG) Architecture & Building Blocks WG Testbed WG Birds of Feather(BoF) NDN(Named Data Network) BoF Mobile & Wireless BoF Recursive Network BoF Mail Group(MG) Network(ing) Science MG
2.3 Joint Research - Facilitate Joint Research in Asia. - Coordinate Joint Research in Asia.
2.4 Testbed AsiaFI is the user of FI testbed primarily. AsiaFI coordinate testbed activities with ot her FI organizations around the world. AsiaFI may operate its own testbed through its technical groups such as NDN BoF and Mobile & Wireless BoF.
3. Organization Structure General Assembly Board Steering Group Technical Groups(WG, BoF, MG) Secretariat
4. Meetings (2007~2009) First AsiaFI Preparation Meeting Seoul AsiaFI Inaguration Meeting Honolulu AsiaFI School Seoul AsiaFI School & Workshop Jeju Workshop on Fundamental Issues of Future Internet Qingdao AsiaFI School & Workshop Beijing AsiaFI-APAN Joint Workshop on FI Testbed Kaohsiung AsiaFI School & Workshop Jeju AsiaFI-AINTEC Joint Workshop on Future Internet Bangkok
4. Meetings(2010~2011) AsiaFI School & Workshop Seoul AsiaFI School & Workshop Yokohama AsiaFI Workshop Hong Kong AsiaFI School Daejeon AsiaFI Workshop(pending) Bangkok
5. Remark/Issue 1.AsiaFI activity requires bigger overhead than national activity, and AsiaFI needs to concentrate on areas where return on investment is very good. We should also make AsiaFI effort more productive to offset the overhead. 2. AsiaFI need to look into synergy and symbios among its participants. 3. We may look into fair share on open research on the future internet. 4. Many people are very busy, and we have to take this factor into consideration. 5. Shall AsiaFI give up on the graduate education as it originally planned?
Appendix 1: AsiaFI Participation 14 Countries 45 Institutions with MoU 500~1000 Participants(2008~2011) 200~400 Student Participants
Appendix 2: AsiaFI School Participation Statistics Seoul Jeju Beijing Jeju Seoul Yokohama Daejeon Kyoto
Appendix 2.1: Seoul AsiaFI School Countries 20 Institutions 19 Students with presentation 64 Participants 133 Tutorial participants(with FIF Camp)
Appendix 2.2: Jeju AsiaFI School Countries 25 Students with Presentation 55 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others) 175 Tutorial Participants(with FIF Camp)
Appendix 2.3: Beijing AsiaFI School Countries 28 Students with Presentation 50 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others) 100 Tutorial Participants
Appendix 2.4: Jeju AsiaFI School Countries 19 Students with Presentation 51 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others) 150~200 Tutorial Participants(with FIF Camp)
Appendix 2.5 Seoul AsiaFI School Countries 20 Student Presentations - 12 Short Papers - 8 Poster Papers 46 Students 61 Total Participants
Appendix 2.6: Yokohama AsiaFI School countries 10 student with presentations 23 student participants 73 participants
Appendix 3: Future Internet Activities in Asia Overview China Japan Korea
Appendix 3.1: Asia - Overview China, Japan and Korea actively engage on Future Internet research activities. AsiaFI was founded in 2008 after 6 months preparation Other countries in Asia are looking into Future Internet research activities lately.
Appendix 3.2: Future Internet in China CNGI 2003~ 2008 CERNET2, CSTNET, China Telecom,.. IPv6-based Remark: Next phase(2010s) projects are under development now.
Appendix 3.3: Future Internet in Japan NWGN Project NICT with NWGN Forum(2007 ~ ) Companies NEC, NTT,… Universities Various universities with public funding WIDE Project Universities, Companies, Institutes,….
Appendix 3.4: Future Internet in Korea Future Internet Forum, 2006~ International Conference Working Groups Research Institute(ETRI,..) Working on FI and FN projects Companies(KT, Samsung,..) Working on FI project Universities Funding by the government and industry