Presentation on theme: "Asia Future Internet Forum - Summary - AsiaFI Steering Group"— Presentation transcript:
1Asia Future Internet Forum - Summary - AsiaFI Steering Group
2Table of Contents Objective Activities Organization Structure Meetings Remark/IssueReferenceAppendix 1: AsiaFI ParticipationAppendix 2: AsiaFI School Participation StatisticsAppendix 3: Future Internet Activities in Asia
31. Objective Network Common on Future Internet Research Network of Excellence DevelopmentJoint Research Activity
42. ActivitiesEvent Technical Groups Joint Research Testbed
52.1 EventsAnnual Summer Meeting with School, Workshop, and Group Meeting Winter Meeting Workshops
62.2 Technical Groups Working Group(WG) Architecture & Building Blocks WGTestbed WGBirds of Feather(BoF)NDN(Named Data Network) BoFMobile & Wireless BoFRecursive Network BoFMail Group(MG)Network(ing) Science MG
72.3 Joint Research Facilitate Joint Research in Asia. Coordinate Joint Research in Asia.
82.4 Testbed AsiaFI is the user of FI testbed primarily. AsiaFI coordinate testbed activities with other FI organizations around the world.AsiaFI may operate its own testbedthrough its technical groups such asNDN BoF and Mobile & Wireless BoF.
93. Organization Structure General Assembly Board Steering Group Technical Groups(WG, BoF, MG) Secretariat
104. Meetings (2007~2009)First AsiaFI Preparation Meeting Seoul AsiaFI Inaguration Meeting Honolulu AsiaFI School AsiaFI School & Workshop Jeju Workshop on Fundamental Issues of Future Internet Qingdao AsiaFI School & Workshop Beijing AsiaFI-APAN Joint Workshop on FI Testbed Kaohsiung AsiaFI School & Workshop AsiaFI-AINTEC Joint Workshop on Future Internet Bangkok
114. Meetings(2010~2011) 2010.2 AsiaFI School & Workshop Seoul YokohamaAsiaFI WorkshopHong KongAsiaFI SchoolDaejeonAsiaFI Workshop(pending)Bangkok
125. Remark/Issue1. AsiaFI activity requires bigger overhead than national activity, and AsiaFI needs to concentrate on areas where return on investment is very good. We should also make AsiaFI effort more productive to offset the overhead. 2. AsiaFI need to look into synergy and symbios among its participants. 3. We may look into fair share on open research on the future internet. 4. Many people are very busy, and we have to take this factor into consideration. 5. Shall AsiaFI give up on the graduate education as it originally planned?
13ReferenceAPAN AsiaFI CNGI FI Assembly FIF FIND/FI Architecture FIRE GENI WIDE NWGN-Forum nwgn-forum.nict.go.jp
15Appendix 2: AsiaFI School Participation Statistics SeoulJejuBeijingJejuSeoulYokohamaDaejeonKyoto
16Appendix 2.1: Seoul AsiaFI School 2008.2 4 Countries20 Institutions19 Students with presentation64 Participants133 Tutorial participants(with FIF Camp)
17Appendix 2.2: Jeju AsiaFI School 2008.8 7 Countries25 Students with Presentation55 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others)175 Tutorial Participants(with FIF Camp)
18Appendix 2.3: Beijing AsiaFI School 2009.1 6 Countries28 Students with Presentation50 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others)100 Tutorial Participants
19Appendix 2.4: Jeju AsiaFI School 2009.8 6 Countries19 Students with Presentation51 Participants(Students, Lecturers, Others)150~200 Tutorial Participants(with FIF Camp)
20Appendix 2.5 Seoul AsiaFI School 2010.2 5 Countries20 Student Presentations- 12 Short Papers- 8 Poster Papers46 Students61 Total Participants
21Appendix 2.6: Yokohama AsiaFI School 2010.8 9 countries10 student with presentations23 student participants73 participants
22Appendix 3: Future Internet Activities in Asia OverviewChinaJapanKorea
23Appendix 3.1: Asia - Overview China, Japan and Korea actively engage onFuture Internet research activities.AsiaFI was founded in 2008 after 6 monthspreparationOther countries in Asia are looking intoFuture Internet research activities lately.
24Appendix 3.2: Future Internet in China CNGI 2003~ 2008CERNET2, CSTNET, China Telecom,..IPv6-basedRemark: Next phase(2010s) projects areunder development now.
25Appendix 3.3: Future Internet in Japan NWGN ProjectNICT with NWGN Forum(2007 ~ )CompaniesNEC, NTT,…UniversitiesVarious universities with public fundingWIDE ProjectUniversities, Companies, Institutes,….
26Appendix 3.4: Future Internet in Korea Future Internet Forum, 2006~International ConferenceWorking GroupsResearch Institute(ETRI,..)Working on FI and FN projectsCompanies(KT, Samsung,..)Working on FI projectUniversitiesFunding by the government and industry