Presentation on theme: "Navy Tobacco Quiz. 1. How many smokers would like to quit? 30% 40% 50% 75% QUIT."— Presentation transcript:
Navy Tobacco Quiz
1. How many smokers would like to quit? 30% 40% 50% 75% QUIT
Answer Studies and surveys have shown that 75% to 80% of smokers want to quit!
2. The children of mothers who smoke are more prone to develop which conditions?
Answer The children of mothers who smoke are prone to medical conditions and illnesses - Meningitis Asthmas Physical deformities Pneumonia Allergies Chest infections Childhood Cancers Nervous system abnormalities
3. What % of the inhaled particles of cigarettes remain in the lungs?
Answer 85% - of the inhaled particles in cigarettes remain in the lungs
4. Who when dying from lung cancer, gave a message to young people in a prerecorded message film, saying Now that I am gone, I tell you…whatever you do, just dont smoke?
Answer Yul Brenner
5. Young children of smoking parents inhale the nicotine equivalent to smoking how many cigarettes a year?
Answer 80 Cigarettes. R esearch studies have shown that second hand smoke, and environmental tobacco smoke can have a serious effect on non-smokers,------------- especially young children!
6. How many sailors smoke? A. 50% B. 10% C. 32%
Answer According to the most recent DoD Survey of Health Related Behaviors, 32% of Navy personnel are cigarette smokers.
7. Which service has the highest rates of spit/smokeless tobacco usage? A. Air Force B. Army C. Marine Corps D. Navy
Answer Marine Corps. The latest information on spit and dip tobacco indicates that among all personnel, the Marines have a 22% use rate…