12. Define ABCD rule for malignant melanoma (skin cancer) Asymmetry(unevenness) Border Color Diameter
13. What are 3 risk factors for skin cancer? Exposure to sun, type of skin, use of sunscreen
14. How should you check your skin for cancer? ABCD rule
15. How is localized skin cancer treated? surgically removed What percent cured? 90%
16. What type of cancer does a pap smear detect? Cervical When should a woman first have one? having sex or 18 yrs. Old How often? once a year
17. What type of cancer does a mammogram detect? breast When should a woman first have one? 40 yrs. old or if there is family history How often after the first year? once a year
18. What type of diet will decrease your risk for cancer? Healthy diet w/ plenty of fruits, vegetables & whole grains Reduce fats in foods
19. What is remission? The cancer has not spread anymore, but still possibility it can come back and spread.
20. Define prognosis? Prediction of how a disease might progress
21. How many years must someone live without cancer to have “survived it” ? 5 years
22. How many people out of 10 will survive cancer this year? 6 out of 10
23. 7 warning signs of cancer C hange in bowel habits A sore that does not heal U nusual bleeding or discharge T hickening or a lump in the breast or elsewhere I ndigestion or difficulty swallowing O bvious change in a wart or mole N agging cough or hoarseness
Males: How often should you do TSE and what are you checking for? once a month checking for lumps
Females: How often should you do BSE and what are you checking for? every month lumps and/or discharge from nipples
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.