2About QNAP Security Awards QNAP Security, with more than 8-year experience in embedded systems, QNAP Security is a professional provider of network video recorder (NVR) surveillance system that integrates advanced surveillance and storage technologies.Successful experience in developing innovative IA (Internet Application) products.Most advanced digital surveillance systems (NVR, NDVR, Turnkey software)Most extensive networking storage (RAID, NAS)Best synergy in IP surveillance and storageAwards
3Core Competence The Top-notch R&D Team in the Industry!!! Software Team (more than 32 developers)Pioneer in embedded Linux technologyHigh performance and high reliability server & video technologyExtensive experience in RISC I/O ProcessorExpert in TCP/IP offload engine technologyMost complete self-developed management softwareAdvanced network distributed management technologyHardware Team (more than 12 developers)Top Notch E/E and ME Design Engineer TeamPartner with major chipset vendors: Intel/VIA/Freescale/Promise/SiliconID/ME/Thermal in-house design & simulation capabilityHardware Test:Stress test, reliability testPerformance test, functional testCompatibility testEMI testSoftware Test:Full function testMost Stringent Quality Controlled ManufacturingSMT/DIP facilityAssembly facilityQuality, Reliability and Compatibility are the Key Factors for the Success of QNAP and Our Partners
6Network Video Recorder Concept NVR (Network Video Recorder):The NVR provides complete network video recording functions so users can manage the network cameras collectively via the web browser, without having to access them one by one. The NVR can also record the video of the IP cameras actively in long term and save it to the hard disks.The NVR supports synchronized recording, monitoring, and playback by remote login to enhance the efficiency and convenience of network cameras.6
7Drawbacks of Traditional PC-based Solution 1/2 Extra time is needed to install the softwareSoftware compatibilityUnstable PC performanceVirus & hacker attackNeed professional knowledge to set upHard to identify the source of the problemsHigh cost (maintenance)
8Drawbacks of Traditional PC-based Solution 2/2 QNAP NVRTraditional PC-based SolutionOSLinux EmbeddedWindowsStabilityHighly stableHangs easilySetup costLowHigh (+ PC)Ease of setup & operationEasy, only 6 stepsDifficult (+Install software)System temperatureHighMaintenance (frequency)Low (easy-to-maintain)Noise levelPower consumptionLow (energy-saving)Auto power on when power resumes after power outageYesNo, manual reboot requiredVirus attackNoneSometimesTrojan threatenProblem analysisEasy (by event logs)DifficultTotal maintenance cost
9QNAP Innovative VioStor-series NVR QNAP VioStor Series offers Simpler, more Convenient and Stable system with Higher Quality video storage.
10QNAP Innovative VioStor-series NVR QNAP VioStor NVR is a high-performance embedded solution and differs from complex and error-prone traditional PC-based structure. It provides reliable RAID subsystem that stores high quality videos from our selected compatible IP cameras.The VioStor NVR makes simple surveillance environment feasible for home, SOHO, SMB, enterprise users.Innovative active storage technology
111. QNAP NVR is the world first CMS inside! 1/2 VioStor NVR is immediately armed with the innovative CMS feature which supports real-time monitoring of a maximum of 120 channels simultaneously from multiple QNAP NVR servers over LAN or WAN. No extra software is ever required!!!!Qnap adopts unique and innovative technology to embed the CMS (Central Management Software) inside the flash of the NVR system and one NVR system can cascade to other NVR systems to support up to to 120 IP cameras. Since the CMS is embedded inside the flash memory of the system, there is no need for users to install CMS in the client PC. With this structure, users can centrally monitor hundreds of IP Camera channels no matter where they are as long as they can log on to internet and this embedded system is in the mean time the most recognized and most reliable surveillance deployment in the industry. This is a breakthrough never seen yet in the surveillance industry.You can enjoy enterprise-grade surveillance features and more flexible to manipulate your network surveillance environment!!!
122. QNAP NVR is Affordable and Reliable! 1/4 PC-based Recording SolutionNVR VioStor-5020/ 5012Windows PC server (with 2TB HDD) USDOnly NVR is enough!2TB HDD+Linux S/W embedded +high-end RAID function +Hot SwapVideo recording S/W (at least 100~150 $/Ch) ~3000 USDNAS server with high-end RAID + Hot swap function at least 800 USDTotal ~5000 USD2100/1600 USDDistributor’s total margin only around %Much higher than PC-based solutionAfter service (RMA) is very heavyLess after serviceDo you want to enjoy lower margin with heavy after service effort?Enjoy higher margin and less effort!
132. QNAP NVR is Affordable and Reliable! 3/4 PC-based Recording SolutionVioStor-101/ NVR-104Windows PC server (with 500G HDD) USDOnly NVR is enough!500G HDD+Linux S/W embedded +high-end RAID functionVideo recording S/W (at least 100~150 $/Ch) ~ 600 USDNAS server with high-end RAID at least 600 USDTotal ~2200 USD750 USD/ 550 USDDistributor’s total margin only around %Much higher than PC-based solutionAfter service (RMA) is very heavyLess after serviceDo you want to enjoy lower margin with heavy after service effort?Enjoy higher margin and less effort!
142. QNAP NVR is Affordable and Reliable! 4/4 QNAP NVR is an affordable and reliable solution!! You can compare QNAP NVR with other NVR solutions in the market below:Axis 2x2+Panasonic ND2x0Panasonic ND3x0SONY NSR 2xQNAP NVRVioStor-5020/ 5012VioStor-201P/VVS-101/ NVR-104P/VLinux embedded8 ch16 ch32 ch20 ch20/ 12 ch4 chM-JPEGM-JPEG/MPEG-4No Audio recordingAudio recording is possibleUp to 250G only 1 IDE HDDup to 240G 2 x 2.5” IDE HDD, very expensiveUp to 2TB (but need to buy external HDD)Up to 250G (1 x High-speed SATA HDD)Up to 10TB(5 x High-speed SATA HDD)Up to 2TB(2 x High-speed SATA HDD)Up to 1TBSpecify HDDNO specify HDDNO RAIDWith RAIDFOB 2800 USD↑FOB 2000 USD↑FOB 2500 USD ↑FOB 3000 USD ↑Around USDAround USDStreet price above 3800 USD (250G)Street price around 2999 USD (240G)Street price around 3999 USD (500 G)Street price around 4500 USD (500 G)Street price around 1899/ 1499 USDStreet price around 999 USDStreet price around 699 / 499 USD
153. QNAP NVR is Very Simple to Use! Only 6 steps and ready to go!Step 1. Enter the server name.Step 2. Change the administrator password.Step 3. Enter the date, time and time zone for NVR.Step 4. Enter the IP address for NVR.Step 5. Initialize the disk volume on this NVR.Step 6. Add the IP cameras to this NVR.And then start to go!
165. Upgrade Analog Cameras to IP-based Solution +Upgrade to IP-based surveillance systemPhase out analog cameras???BeforeAnalog CamerasNow IP CamerasMore cost-effective solution!InternetorIntranetAnalog Cameras + Video serverIP-based SolutionRemote Monitoring and RecordingIP Cameras
176. QNAP NVR is More Secure!Supports secure data protection by RAID: Ultra-high-end RAID1 hard disk mirroring to protect all the important recordings in the most secure way! * 5-bay VioStor NVR supports RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 5+ Hot spare/ 6/ 6+ Hot spare/ JBODPowerful authority management: The authority can be set for up to 32 users. Different monitoring and playback rights can be assigned for different users.Powerful host access control: Specify the connections to be allowed and denied to access NVR.Provides on-line user list: You can view the record of users currently logged on and previously logged on to the NVR.Detailed record of all events: The VioStor NVR provides detailed event logs of system warning, hard disk error, network disconnection, UPS status, and users’ networking services and recordings access record (VioStor-5020/ 5012).
187. QNAP NVR is the World's First Green NVR Built on the Linux OS! Green NVR Solution: Linux-embedded system with low power consumption The Linux-based NVR is more power-saving and less vulnerable to virus attack compared to PC-based surveillance solution.
19Powerful Surveillance Features 1/2 Variety live video monitoringHigh quality recordings in Motion-JPEG and MPEG-4Multi-server monitoringHighly expandable for monitoring up to 120 channels over WAN or LANAlarm notification on MonitoringSmart control of PTZ & speed dome cameraSupports monitoring preset position controlDigital zoom in/ zoom out on monitoring and playbackPowerful for megapixel IP camerasSupports video snapshot on monitoring and playbackE-map function for easy preview of the camera locationMulti-channel display modeMulti-server monitoring
20Powerful Surveillance Features 2/2 All-in-one recording functionsPowerful pre-alarm and post-alarm recordingHigh performance megapixel recording (up to 8 megapixels)(Optional) Audio recording functionFlexible adjustment of the length of recording filesMulti-channel playback at different speedsEasy recording data searching by date & time and recording typeRecordings can be easily downloaded to remote computer for playbackRecordings can be played by Windows Media Player20
21High Reliability and Smart Features Intelligent automatic system startup when the power resumes after power outageSupport UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system for 24x7 serviceS.M.A.R.T. & Advanced HDD Health Scanning (HHS)Convenient video backup to external USB storage by one touch auto video backup buttonDOM architecture with embedded Fail-safe dual OS for enhanced reliabilityOne Touch auto video backup button21
22Powerful Security Control Authority management: The right to monitor and playback each camera can be separately defined for each individual userHost access control: You can specify the connections to be allowed and denied to access the QNAP NVR.On-line user list: You can view the record of users currently logged on and previously logged on to the QNAP NVR.Detailed event logs: Detailed event logs of system warning, hard disk error, network disconnection, UPS status, and users’ networking services and recordings access record
23Powerful Network Services Dual Gigabit LAN Ports Two Gigabit LAN ports for load balancing, failover, or multi-LAN configurationFailover Failover allows the VioStor-5020 NVR to sustain the failure of one network port to provide continuous services.Load-balancing Bandwidth aggregation is supported to boost the file transfer speed (works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured).Multi-IP Setting The VioStor-5020 NVR can be deployed with two different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.Built-in NTP Server/ DDNS SupportDHCP ServerConvenient Data AccessNetwork Neighborhood (SMB/CIFS)FTP ServerWeb File Management (http)23
24Easy to Use Easy setup in only 6 steps, the system is ready to use! Intuitive user interface and simple GUIAll functions can be managed anytime, anywhere via web interfaceConvenient quick link buttons of network cameraEasy drag and drop to change the display order of the monitoring channelsQuick search of the IP address of the cameras24
25VioStor Master Central Management System 1/3 Central Monitoring all the locations of VioStor/ VioGate seriesVioGate Master can show 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x4, 3x3, 3x4, 3x6, 4x4, 4x8, 5x4, 5x8, Picture-in-Picture and sequential display
26VioStor Master Central Management System 2/3 Most Friendly User InterfaceSmart Search and Quick Connection to All Surveillance Devices in LANStraightforward E-Map FunctionPTZ Control on MonitoringSupports Dual DisplayDisplay 40 Channels on Dual Monitors (Optimal 20 Channels on Each Monitor)Multi-Channel playbackRemote MonitoringE-Map
27VioStor Master Central Management System 3/3 Dual Display: Display video channels and E-Map at the same time on different monitors for virtual monitoring.
28Scenario – International Enterprise Enterprise DeploymentCentral surveillance deployment for international enterprise28
29Scenario – Business and Consumer Business/ Consumer/ SOHONetwork surveillance installation for SOHO and SMBRemote monitoring and playback over the Internet29
30Application: Chain Stores Network Video RecorderInternetRouterHead OfficeCentral MonitoringIE Remote MonitoringVioGate Master Central MonitoringIP Camera SolutionAnalog Camera + Video server SolutionVioGate Master:Remote Monitor/Playback Every Camera in All Regions
31Application: Nursing Center Emergency buttonWAN/LANInside the bathroomSchoolHomeHospitals/ sanatorium/ rehabilitation centerVioGate Master:Remote Monitor Every Camera in all RegionsRemote multi-channel playback
32Success Story: Starbucks Starbucks in MalaysiaThe VioStor NVR and IP cameras are installed in the chain Starbucks for remote monitoring and recording in MalaysiaIE Remote Monitoring/ manageInternetorIntranet
33VioStor Series Support Popular IP Camera Brands 1/2 Enterprise &SMBVS-5020VS-5012* All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies.
34VioStor Series Support Popular IP Camera Brands 2/2 SMB &SOHOVS-201 PVS-101 PNVR-104PSMB &SOHOVS-201 VVS-101 VNVR-104VHome &SOHONVR 101NVR 1012* All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies.
35More than 80% of the IP Cam Market Available NOW !IP Camera Market Share:Axis33%Mobotix7%Sony8%D-Link11%Panasonic15%Others26%For the latest information about the supported camera models, please visit QNAP website at* All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies.