Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byTamia Merren Modified over 8 years ago
This title is for centering. This title is for centering. This title is for centering. This title is for centering.
Mister Johnson, you've stayed behind to keep me company guarding the house?
If you wish. Strange thing! To find you again here, where just anyone can come in to drink… or steal…
- I give you my word, I can stand up to anyone. - Even one who didn't wish to steal anything but a kiss?
- Yes! This has happened before, but I still haven't given my first kiss. - Really? And you live here at the "Polka"?
- I live in a cabin half way up the hill. - You deserve better.
I'm content. For me, it's enough, believe me.
I live there without fear.
I feel I can trust you, even though I don't know who you might be.
I hardly even know who I am. I loved life, it still seems beautiful!
Surely you do too, but you haven't yet lived long enough to plumb the depths of worldly things.
I don't know…
I am nothing but a poor girl of humble birth, and good for nothing. You say such beautiful things, maybe I don't understand…
I can't explain it, but I feel a disappointment to be so small and a desire to raise myself up to you, to be close to you and be able to talk to you.
That which you don't say has been told to me by my heart.
When I offered you my arm, as we danced together, I felt you trembling against my chest and felt a strange joy, an indescribable peace!
I can't read into my heart like you, but I have a soul full of joy, of fe-
- What is it? - Watch out! They've seen another Mexican face around here.
- Where, Nick! - Don't go!
- (The signal!) - Listen! What could that whistle mean?
Johnson, in that barrel there's a fortune. The boys put their gold in there.
- And they leave you alone like this?! - Every night they stay to watch it, each one taking turns.
Tonight they left on the track of that damned man!
If someone wants to lay a finger on that gold, he'll have to kill me first!
Poor people! How many of them left a family, a wife, children…
…to come and die like dogs in the middle of this mire, just to send a bit of gold to their dear parents and children far away!
There, Johnson, that's why whoever wants this gold will have to do it over my dead body!
Have no fear, no one will dare!
I love to hear you speak like that!
But, I have to leave. I would have liked to go up to your cabin and give you my final farewell.
Do you truly have to go? What a shame!
The boys will be here soon. When they return, I will go.
If you want to come and say good-bye to me, we'll continue the conversation next to the fire.
- Thank you, Minnie. I'll come! - Don't expect much. I only have thirty dollars worth of education.
- If I had studied more, what might I have become? Don't you think? - What might we have become? I see it, when I look at you, Minnie!
Truly? But what's the use?
- Of humble birth and good for nothing… - Don't cry, Minnie. You don't know yourself.
You're a creature with a good and pure soul, and you have the face of an angel!
He said… what did he say?
The face of an angel!
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.