We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byPaulina Hilburn
Modified about 1 year ago
BCIS IB (Test 2) Excel Lessons 4 – 8 Press space bar to Advance Frame
1. What are two ways to enter function formulas?
a) By choosing Edit, Function from the menu-bar. b) click the Fx on the function bar
2. How are cell comments inserted?
3. What is the difference between linking data and copying and pasting data.
when linked data is updated in source location, the destination location is also updated. Copy and Paste Copy and Linked (Paste Special)
4. What command is used in linking data in Excel?
The Copy and Edit, Paste Special COPY
5. Linked data changed in a source file are automatically updated in the destination file, unless otherwise specified.
6. Do function formulas have operators?
No! Function Formulas Paste Special Cells Copy and pasted Cells
7. Are there function formulas for * (multiplication), / (division), + (addition) or - (subtraction)?
No! Function formulas have a function name and argument, =SUM (A1:A11) and no operator, which is what the +,-,*,and / are.
8. In the formula "=SUM(D5:D19)", What is the portion that is the argument.
The part in parentheses D5:D19
9. Are the data points in a scatter chart connected by lines?
With office 2000 the points are not connected. With XP the data points can be connected.
10. can you insert a range in a function formula by selecting the range on the worksheet?
Yes Dragging the range Inserting into the function
11. What are Financial function formulas used to analyze?
Items that deal with MONEY- $$$.-loans and investments –
12. When a range of Excel data is copied to Word, where does Word automatically place it?
In a Table
13. What are the two ways that Charts/graphs can appear within the worksheet when created.
1.Embedded – on the same sheet 2. On its own separate sheet
14. What is The Chart Wizard?
The Chart Wizard is an on-screen guide that helps you to prepare a chart Finished
15. After a chart/graph is created, the user may edit/change what parts of the chart.
legend, title, axis, gridlines, or data labels by simply double-clicking the object and making the desired changes within the dialog box that appears
16. What are special pre-set formulas that do not use operators to calculate the result?
17. What type of chart uses bars of varying heights to illustrate values in a worksheet and shows relationships among categories of data.
18. What feature applies a font, border, or pattern to a cell when certain conditions exist in that cell. (Ex. Color the cell red if the sales is less than 10%)
19. What Chart shows the relationship of a part to a whole.
20. What function will give the number of different types of drinks sold by Fruit and Fizz?
21. What function may be used to display text or values if certain conditions exist. (Ex. If the percent of sales is greater than 20% display the word “GREAT” otherwise display “OK”).
The logical function “IF”
22. How do you name a range?
Select the range and enter a name (Fruit) in the Name box to the left of the Formula bar.
23. What cell references do not change when moved or copied to a new cell?
24. What functions are formulas used to describe large quantities of data. For example, the average number of drinks sold
25. What type formulas are those that have more than one operator?
26. What are three steps required to paint a format?
a) Highlight a cell that has the format you prefer b) Click the Format Painter button on the toolbar. c) Highlight a cell or the range of cells that you would like to format..
27. What type of chart must appear within the same worksheet rather than on a separate sheet.
An Embedded Chart
28.All of the following can be placed on a chart.
a) Gridlines b) Axes (X and Y) c) Data labels d) Legend e) Title
29. What cell references change both the column and the row when moved or copied to a new cell?
Relative; =(B6*1.5)+(C6*0.9) =(B7*1.5)+(C7*0.9)
30. What would be the formula to find the total small servings?
33. What formula could you use to find out the lowest number of servings?
34. What formula could you use to find out the greatest number of servings?
END OF REVIEW
© 2014 by McGraw-Hill Education. This is proprietary material solely for authorized instructor use. Not authorized for sale or distribution in any manner.
(MICROSOFT EXCEL). Is a spreadsheet application designed to take advantage of the windows graphical interface MICROSOFT EXCEL.
Getting started With Excel Getting started With Excel.
Introduction to Excel. Objectives After completing this lesson, you will be able to: Identify the components of a spreadsheet. Enter data into a spreadsheet.
An Introduction to Spreadsheets Using Number Magic Malcolm Wilson ICT Curriculum Support Teacher (Primary) Falkirk Council.
AESuniversity Ad hoc Reporting. Ad hoc Reports What are ad hoc reports? Why would you use ad hoc reports? Creating an ad hoc report from a query Building.
Working with Microsoft Excel 2010 Lesson 3. Objectives.
Excel 2007 ® Business and Personal Finances How can Excel 2007 help you create data and content in a worksheet?
Section Goals Understand Tables Know how to create, edit, and use Tables Investigate ‘nesting’ Tables Be able to format Tables.
Excel Tips and Tricks Jon Paul Progressive System Solutions, Inc (Note- this was produced in.
Pasewark & Pasewark Microsoft Office XP: Introductory Course 1 INTRODUCTORY MICROSOFT EXCEL Lesson 4 – Worksheet Formulas.
XP New Perspectives on Microsoft Office Word 2003 Tutorial 9 1 Microsoft Office Word 2003 Tutorial 9 – Creating On-Screen Forms Using Advanced Table Techniques.
Microsoft EXCEL Excel is a spreadsheet program that can be used to display data in the form of rows and columns. Formulas can be used to perform calculations.
® Microsoft Office 2010 Excel Tutorial 3: Working with Formulas and Functions.
Excel Exam Review Collin College Credit Exam. True or False 1) In Excel worksheets, rows are designated using letters. False, rows numbers & columns letters.
1. 2 Drawing and Graphics In this unit you will learn how to use the paint program to draw pictures on the computer. You will also learn how to delete,
Business Objects Web Intelligence Business Objects Web Intelligence.
TUTORIAL 1 GETTING STARTED WITH EXCEL EXCEL. Understanding Spreadsheets Spreadsheet – A collection of text and numbers laid out in a rectangular grid.
aNm – Michael Sheyahshe MS Excel Training Two.
Microsoft Word Facilitator: Mrs. Nkeiruka Ojei. Table of Content Starting MS Word Window of Ms Word Creating a New Document Navigating through your Document.
XP New Perspectives on Microsoft Office Word 2003 Tutorial 7 1 Microsoft Office Word 2003 Tutorial 7 – Collaborating With Others and Creating Web Pages.
MS Word BasicTraining. Section One: Word Basics Section Objectives Know how to open MS Word. Be able to identify the Toolbar. Know which Tabs on.
Pasewark & Pasewark Microsoft Office XP: Introductory Course INTRODUCTORY MICROSOFT POWERPOINT Lesson 4 – Expanding on PowerPoint Basics.
Working with Tables for Page Design – Lesson 41 Working with Tables for Page Design Lesson 4.
M & Ms Counting Activity Learning Charts and Graphs using Microsoft Excel.
Excel Vocabulary. File tab When clicked, this displays the Backstage view from which you can select commands for a file (Save, Open, Close etc.) A panel.
Copyright © 2011 Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall. 1 Skills for Success with Office 2010 Vol.1 PowerPoint Lecture to Accompany Skills.
Introduction to Crystal Reports Allows you to produce the report you want from virtually any data source. Designed to help analyze and interpret.
COMPREHENSIVE Excel Tutorial 3 Working with Formulas and Functions.
© Paradigm Publishing, Inc Excel 2013 Level 2 Unit 1Advanced Formatting, Formulas, and Data Management Chapter 3Working with Tables and Data Features.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.