We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byPaulina Hilburn
Modified over 4 years ago
BCIS IB (Test 2) Excel Lessons 4 – 8 Press space bar to Advance Frame
1. What are two ways to enter function formulas?
a) By choosing Edit, Function from the menu-bar. b) click the Fx on the function bar
2. How are cell comments inserted?
3. What is the difference between linking data and copying and pasting data.
when linked data is updated in source location, the destination location is also updated. Copy and Paste Copy and Linked (Paste Special)
4. What command is used in linking data in Excel?
The Copy and Edit, Paste Special COPY
5. Linked data changed in a source file are automatically updated in the destination file, unless otherwise specified.
6. Do function formulas have operators?
No! Function Formulas Paste Special Cells Copy and pasted Cells
7. Are there function formulas for * (multiplication), / (division), + (addition) or - (subtraction)?
No! Function formulas have a function name and argument, =SUM (A1:A11) and no operator, which is what the +,-,*,and / are.
8. In the formula "=SUM(D5:D19)", What is the portion that is the argument.
The part in parentheses D5:D19
9. Are the data points in a scatter chart connected by lines?
With office 2000 the points are not connected. With XP the data points can be connected.
10. can you insert a range in a function formula by selecting the range on the worksheet?
Yes Dragging the range Inserting into the function
11. What are Financial function formulas used to analyze?
Items that deal with MONEY- $$$.-loans and investments –
12. When a range of Excel data is copied to Word, where does Word automatically place it?
In a Table
13. What are the two ways that Charts/graphs can appear within the worksheet when created.
1.Embedded – on the same sheet 2. On its own separate sheet
14. What is The Chart Wizard?
The Chart Wizard is an on-screen guide that helps you to prepare a chart. 123 4 Finished
15. After a chart/graph is created, the user may edit/change what parts of the chart.
legend, title, axis, gridlines, or data labels by simply double-clicking the object and making the desired changes within the dialog box that appears
16. What are special pre-set formulas that do not use operators to calculate the result?
17. What type of chart uses bars of varying heights to illustrate values in a worksheet and shows relationships among categories of data.
18. What feature applies a font, border, or pattern to a cell when certain conditions exist in that cell. (Ex. Color the cell red if the sales is less than 10%)
19. What Chart shows the relationship of a part to a whole.
20. What function will give the number of different types of drinks sold by Fruit and Fizz?
21. What function may be used to display text or values if certain conditions exist. (Ex. If the percent of sales is greater than 20% display the word “GREAT” otherwise display “OK”).
The logical function “IF”
22. How do you name a range?
Select the range and enter a name (Fruit) in the Name box to the left of the Formula bar.
23. What cell references do not change when moved or copied to a new cell?
24. What functions are formulas used to describe large quantities of data. For example, the average number of drinks sold
25. What type formulas are those that have more than one operator?
26. What are three steps required to paint a format?
a) Highlight a cell that has the format you prefer b) Click the Format Painter button on the toolbar. c) Highlight a cell or the range of cells that you would like to format..
27. What type of chart must appear within the same worksheet rather than on a separate sheet.
An Embedded Chart
28.All of the following can be placed on a chart.
a) Gridlines b) Axes (X and Y) c) Data labels d) Legend e) Title
29. What cell references change both the column and the row when moved or copied to a new cell?
Relative; =(B6*1.5)+(C6*0.9) =(B7*1.5)+(C7*0.9)
30. What would be the formula to find the total small servings?
33. What formula could you use to find out the lowest number of servings?
34. What formula could you use to find out the greatest number of servings?
END OF REVIEW
(MICROSOFT EXCEL). Is a spreadsheet application designed to take advantage of the windows graphical interface MICROSOFT EXCEL.
Copyright © 2012 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved. McGraw-Hill/Irwin TECHNOLOGY PLUG-IN T2 BASIC SKILLS USING EXCEL.
Microsoft Excel Presented by ShoWorks Fair Software and Online Entries
Microsoft Excel is an electronic spreadsheet. As with a paper spreadsheet, you can use Excel to organize your data into rows and columns and to perform.
Microsoft Office XP Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Office Illustrated Fundamentals Unit H: Using Complex Formulas, Functions, and Tables.
Business Computer Information Systems 1B Microsoft Office XP Final Exam Review.
Lesson 14 Creating Formulas and Charting Data
Review. Microsoft Office Excel 2013 provides powerful tools to organize, analyze, manage, and share information Locations where work is done are cells,
CPSC 203 Introduction to Computers T97 TA: Jie (Jeff) Gao.
BCIS IB, (Test 1) Excel Lessons 1, 2 and 3 Press Space bar to Advance Frame.
Pasewark & Pasewark 1 Excel Lesson 5 Using Functions Microsoft Office 2007: Introductory.
Microsoft Excel 2010 Chapter 7
Copyright 2003, Paradigm Publishing Inc. CHAPTER 3 BACKNEXTEND 3-1 LINKS TO OBJECTIVES AutoSum Button Mathematical Operators Mathematical Operators Formula.
1 Excel Lesson 5 Using Functions Microsoft Office 2010 Introductory Pasewark & Pasewark.
Lesson 20 Creating Formulas and Charting Data
EXCEL PART 2. Chart Elements Chart Title Plot Area Data Marker X AxesCategory Name Y axes.
Excel Lesson 6 Enhancing a Worksheet
Pasewark & Pasewark 1 Excel Lesson 8 Working with Charts Microsoft Office 2007: Introductory.
Copyright 2007, Paradigm Publishing Inc. EXCEL 2007 Chapter 2 BACKNEXTEND 2-1 LINKS TO OBJECTIVES Mathematical OperatorsMathematical Operators Formula.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.