Presentation on theme: "Islamic Empires Pretest 1.One obligation of a Muslim is to make at least one trip to _________. A. Medina B. Baghdad C. Delhi D. Mecca."— Presentation transcript:
Islamic Empires Pretest 1.One obligation of a Muslim is to make at least one trip to _________. A. Medina B. Baghdad C. Delhi D. Mecca
2. The Muslims of Spain were called ____. A. Bedouins B. Moors C. Sheiks D. Shi’ah
3. All of the following statements about Muhammad are true except. A. He was the prophet of Islam. B. He learned to read and write from Christians teachers. C. He worked as a Caravan trader. D. When he was exposed to other religions he began to think seriously about ethical questions.
4. All of the following were contributions made by Arab scholars except. A. The concept of zero B. Arabic numerals C. Algebra D. Astrolabe
5. Islamic education was provided by ____. A. The Mosque B. Family members C. Government educational systems D. All of the Above
6. The Sunni and Shi’a groups split because. A. The Shi’ahs believe that the spiritual leader was needed as an intermediary between God and believers. B. The Sunni’s believe that Qur’an was all that the was needed between God and the believers. C. Shiahs and Sunnis disagreed over what verses from the Qur’an were most important. D. All of the Above
7. The term Islam means? A. Allah is great B. devotion to the rule of life C. Submission D. Allah desires for you what is easy, not what is hard
8. The Islamic holy law was known as the ____. A. umma B. sharia C. ulama D. gadis
9. Which of the following statements describe the Bedouins’ life? a.They moved their flocks from one grazing area to another. b.They were led by a sheik. c.They tended to keep their traditional lives, rather than adopt the ways of foreigners. d.All of the above.
10. Ottoman rulers a.Imposed their religion on conquered. b.Established Muslim schools. c.Allowed conquered people to have their own government. d.Established their capital in Constantinople.