Presentation on theme: "Commonly Confused Words Lesson 3 LRI #3 3/20. 1. does: verb def: 3 rd person singular present tense of do to complete or work on He does his chores every."— Presentation transcript:
Commonly Confused Words Lesson 3 LRI #3 3/20
1. does: verb def: 3 rd person singular present tense of do to complete or work on He does his chores every day from 3:00-4:00 and then he can play.
2. dose: noun def: prescribed amount of medication or other substance Milly took a dose of the medicine which was two puffs from her inhaler.
3. since: adverb def: from then until now or between then and now preposition def: continuously from They have been friends since childhood, so they know each other extremely well. OR
4. sense: noun def: any of the faculties by which a person or animal obtains information about the physical world; intelligence Paul wanted to use good sense in the situation so he thought before he acted.
5. advice: noun def : recommendation about action; counsel Sam went to the school counselor for advice about college.
6. advise: verb def : giving suggestions to solve a problematic situation; to give advice; to counsel The track coach advises his runners on their best strategy to win just before the race.
7. past: n. def: the time gone by We can’t change the past
8. passed: v. def: past tense of verb pass; went by; overtake He passed me on the highway.
9. there : adv. def: used to indicate a place; opposite of here He was right over there.
10. their: pronoun def: belonging to them Their dog always comes along.
11. they’re: contraction for they are They are my friends.
12. threw: v. def. past tense of throw Erin threw the ball for her dog to catch.
13. through: adv. def: prep. in at one end, surface, or side and out the other; across Don’t go through the tunnel.