We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byClifton Wham
Modified over 2 years ago
1. write v. DEF: To put down on paper using words
2. right: adj. DEF: (adj.) Correct (adj.) The opposite of left (n.) a privilege or power right: n.
3. rite: n. DEF: A ceremonial act, usually religious
4. accept: v. def. To take something offered Please accept this purple flower.
5. except: prep. def: excluding; but They were all there except me.
6. to: preposition DEF: In the direction of
7. too: adverb DEF: also, in addition an excessive amount
8. two: adj. DEF: a number
9. your: possessive pronoun DEF: The possessive case of you
10. you’re: contraction Explanation: Contraction of two words you + are = you’re the apostrophe (‘)shows a letter or letters have been omitted (left out)
11. quiet: adjective DEF: To make no noise or soft noise
12. quite: adverb DEF: Almost completely A great many
Vocabulary – Commonly Confused Words Put this warm-up in SECTION 3 of your notebook – Vocabulary Write the word and the definition. Write a sentence using.
adj (adjectif) adv (adverbe) det (déterminant) nom prep (préposition) pron (pronom) verbe.
From the UWF Writing Lab’s 101 Grammar Mini-Lessons Series Mini-Lesson #61.
_____________________ Definition Part of Speech (circle one) Picture Antonym (Opposite) Vocab Word Noun Pronoun Adjective Adverb Conjunction Verb Interjection.
The Adjective Phrase.
Bell Ringer Activity Please count how many errors you can find in the letter below. On your paper, write the incorrect word that I have used in my letter.
Bell Ringer Activity With your Pod Partner, please count how many errors you can find in the letter below. On your paper, write the incorrect word that.
© 2006 SOUTH-WESTERN EDUCATIONAL PUBLISHING 11th Edition Hulbert & Miller Effective English for Colleges Chapter 7 PREPOSITIONS.
Ten Commonly Misused Words
Commonly misused words. Recognize the distinctions among related words. 3 or more; Among my friends Among Among● Between 2 only; 2 only; Between.
What are Determiners? Unit 14 – Presentation 1 “a broad category of the English grammar that contains many subcategories in it, e.g. demonstrative & indefinite.
Prepositions / Phrasal Verbs. Prepositions A preposition is a small word (usually six letters or less) that is used to show the relationship between nouns.
WaG #4 Homophones. Please look carefully at the following samples to determine what you notice about the correct use of homophones. What definitions can.
Parts of Speech By: Miaya Nischelle Sample. NOUN A noun is a person place or thing.
DAILY GRAMMAR PRACTICE (DGP)
Commonly Confused Words Lesson 3 LRI #3 3/ does: verb def: 3 rd person singular present tense of do to complete or work on He does his chores every.
Vocabulary Parts of Speech Study Guide
Day 1 Punctuation and Capitalization
P u t y o u r h e a d o n m y s h o u l d e r.
Commonly Confused Words
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.