Presentation on theme: "Ball Exercises Lynn’s Class. - Students stand facing each other. - Extending their arm to the side (opposite of other player), students drop their ball."— Presentation transcript:
- Students stand facing each other. - Extending their arm to the side (opposite of other player), students drop their ball and run to catch their partners before it bounces twice.... Ball Drop Beginner Challenge -Lift the ball higher. -Move closer together. -Lower the ball. -Move further apart. Lynn’s Class
- Students get in the plank position. -Pass (by rolling) a tennis ball back and forth. Attempt to return using only one touch.. Core Ball Beginner Challenge -Stop ball before passing it back. -Use knees. -Get closer together. -Use 2 balls instead of 1. Lynn’s Class
- Set up 3 or more pylons on two ends of the playing area with 3 tennis balls in the center. - Grab the tennis ball and try to place them on your opponents pylons - First player to get all three balls to one side wins. - Can be played in teams of 1V1, 2V2, 3V3… the more players, the more balls / cones necessary. Molton Ball Beginner Challenge -Move pylons closer together. -More pylons. -Move pylons further apart. -Less pylons. Lynn’s Class
- Place a basketball between your feet while on your back and raise the ball a foot off the ground. Ball Raises Beginner Challenge -Do not use the ball. -Raise ball to hands every 15 seconds. Lynn’s Class
- Perform a lunge with a twist at the lowest point (knee just above the floor) and bounce the ball to your partner, who should be right next to you. Ball Lunges BeginnerChallenge -Hand the ball, do not bounce it. -Partner stands in front of you. One does a forward lunge other does a backward lunge (stepping back, no twist). Lynn’s Class
- Roll a ball using your hands along the floor and run circles around it. Circle Run Beginner Challenge -Change directions or jump over the ball. -Increase speed/Long distance. Lynn’s Class -Use larger types of balls. -Slow speed/Short distance.