Presentation on theme: "Bench Exercises. - Student stands square to the bench. - Feet shoulder width apart with knees bent and torso bent forward. - Jump forward onto the bench."— Presentation transcript:
- Student stands square to the bench. - Feet shoulder width apart with knees bent and torso bent forward. - Jump forward onto the bench and land on the balls of the feet. - Step down and repeat. Bench Jump Beginner Challenge -Student can jump forward over a line on the floor. -Student can perform exercise on lowered bench. -Increase bench height. -Increase pace. mixedmartialartsintowsonmaryland.com
- Stand with a bench on your left side. - Place your left foot on the step, keeping your right foot on the floor, lower into a squat. - Push off right foot, shuffle (step) up and over the bench, lowering into a squat with your left foot now on the floor and your right leg on the top of the bench. - Shuffle from side to side. One Leg Side Lateral Jump Beginner Challenge -Lower the pace. -Decrease bench height. -Increase pace. -Increase bench height. mixedmartialartsintowsonmaryland.com
- Stand to the left of bench with your feet hip width apart. - With your knees bent, go into a low squat. - Push off with both feet and jump sideways over the bench. - Land with your knees bent on the right side of the bench. - Jump back to the left side, following the steps above and then repeat. Two Leg Lateral Jump Beginner Challenge -Lower the pace. -Perform over a line on the floor. -Decrease bench height. -Increase pace. -Increase bench height.
- Stand in front of bench, feet shoulder width apart and arms extended straight out in front of you. - With your knees bent, lower your body until you graze the bench. - Once your bottom touches the bench, spring up to starting position. - Repeat. Bench Squat Beginner Challenge -Lower the pace. -Increase bench height. -Hold on to partner or wall. -Increase pace. -Decrease bench height. /
- Stand in front of bench, shoulder width apart and with arms extended straight out in front of you. - While balancing on your right leg, lower down into a single-leg squat until you graze the bench with your buttocks. - Aim to maintain good posture and keep your chest up. - Return to the top of the move, repeat for all reps on this side, then switch legs. One Leg Bench Squat Beginner Challenge -Lower the pace. -Increase bench height. -Hold on to partner or wall. -Increase pace. -Decrease bench height. / Reference
- Place both of your arms at opposite ends of a flat bench with your feet hip-width apart. - Lower your chest until it’s a few inches away from the bench. - Push against the bench in order to return to your original position. Incline Bench Press Beginner Challenge -Increase bench height. -Decrease bench height.
- Kneel in front of bench, facing forward. - Keep your feet together and place on bench. Palms of hands are on the floor, spread shoulder width apart. - Push your torso up by using the strength of your arms and front face of your feet/legs. - Slowly, lower your torso downward until your chest almost touches the floor. - Pause for a second in this position. - Push your upper body back to the starting position. Decline Bench Press Beginner Challenge -Decrease bench height. -Place knees on bench. -Increase bench height. -Use balls of feet.
- Stand square to the bench with legs shoulder width apart. - Place your right leg on the bench and proceed to step onto the bench. - Once both feet are planted on top of the bench, step backwards off the bench with your left leg. - Repeat motion, alternating starting legs. Bench Step-Ups Beginner Challenge -Decrease bench height. -Decrease step up speed. -Increase bench height. -Increase step up speed.
- Sit on the side of a bench, your palms on the bench, beside your hips. - Your legs should be out in front of you with a slight bend, heels on the floor. - Straighten your arms so your buttocks lifts off the bench. - Bend your arms 90-degrees as you lower your buttocks toward the floor. - Pause, and then push back up to the starting position. Dips Beginner Challenge -Increase knee angle, 90 degrees being the easiest. -Place legs on another bench.
- Lie flat on the floor with your feet resting on a flat bench and your knees bent at a 90-degree angle. - Place your hands behind your head and keep your elbows wide so you cannot see them. - Exhale as you lift your chest up and your upper back off the floor. Keep your chin off you chest and look straight up. - Inhale as you slowly lower your back to the floor but do not touch your upper back to the floor. - Perform the movement slowly and do not put tension on your neck. Repeat. Bench Crunch Beginner Challenge -Decrease crunch pace. -Increase crunch pace.
- Rest your hips at the end of the bench with your feet hanging over the end (just above the floor), gripping the other end behind your head. - Raise your legs up until they are almost vertical. - Lower slowly back to the start, repeat. Leg Lifts Beginner Challenge -Lay on floor with hand holding onto base of bench. -Bend knees and bring toward chest during leg raise. -Elevate hips off bench once legs are vertical.