Presentation on theme: "Competitive Summer Season Week of Sept 17 Goalkeeping Review."— Presentation transcript:
Competitive Summer Season Week of Sept 17 Goalkeeping Review
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way When you get there We will play Shoot-Keep-Retrieve as soon as players arrive (8 min) Limit coaching, let players experiment with goalkeeping role. Take attendance Large Group Demos -> Small Group Breakout –FIFA 11+ Warm-up (7 min) –Main Activities (35 min) –Shoot-Keep-Retrieve (10 min) Coaches will need to be ready to provide positive energy towards GK position as there are likely to be players timid about trying because of fear. Stay focused on positives and reward players making an effort (whether successful of not). Limit focus on negative outcome (giving up a goal.)
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Key Coach Players Player with Ball Cones Balls Pugg Goal
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Icebreaker: Shoot-Keep-Retrieve -Split the players into two teams and organized in 2 lines. -To start: 1 red player as GK, blue player takes 1 touch to 12 yd line and shoots (before line) then becomes GK. Once blue GK is in goal, red player can shoot. ROTATION: Shooter become GK, GK retrieves balls and goes to shooting line. - Points for saves! Keep track as a team. KEYS -Allow GK to get into goal, encourage swiftness. -Celebrate effort by GK to stop ball. 12-15 yd
11+ - http://f-marc.com/11plus/ To see the 11+ in action go to: http://f-marc.com/11plus/exercises/
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Activity 1A: Basic Catching Players pair up in partners 1.2 touch passing with feet Lightness on feet, stay off heels 2.Volley to hands and catch Getting set (shoulders forward, elbows in front of body, balanced) Thumbs behind ball, hands contoured to shape of ball. (Keep ball where you can see it) Strike ball with laces, ankle locked, knee slightly bent. 3.Roll to shoes and catch/collect Getting Set Balanced on both feet, form ramp with hands (elbows/pinkies together) Bend at hips AND knees, chest over ball. 4.Underarm throw in air to knees and catch Same as technique as #3.
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Act 1B: Try it in Goal! 1v1 Goalkeeping Players pair up, 4 yd goals 8-10 yd apart. Player with ball: Must serve (shoot) from own goal line with feet. Goalkeeper: Gets a point for each save. -Players alternate shooting. Services encouraged to be shoulder-height of GK or lower. -Progress to: Variety of services (volleys, rolling, throwing) KEYS: Getting Set (Ready and balanced on both feet prior to shot) Get Body Behind Ball. Keep elbows in front of body. Encourage correct hand position Make an effort for everything!
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Act 2: Basic Diving Players pair up, 6 yd goals 8-10 yd apart. 1.GK seated in front of goal. Server rolls ball to either side Landing on side, keeping window open, keep ball where you can see it. 2.GK kneeling in front of goal. Server rolls ball to either side Small mini step with knee laterally in direction of save, land on side, keep window open, keep ball where you can see it. 3.GK set on feet in front of goal. Server rolls ball to either side Set position, crouched body shape, chest over toes Small lateral step in direction of save, hands drop low early (plow through ball…dont fall on it.) Hands to ground first (knees and hips LAST!) 4.1v1 Goalkeeping – service must be on ground and served from goal line. Make save in front of body line.
- Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way Beat me if you can! Shoot-Keep-Retrieve Same Set-up as Icebreaker Additional Emphasis: 1.GK cutting angle of shooter to cover larger portion of goal, get GKs off of their line! 2.Matching their timing of getting set/balanced with shooter setting (planting non-shooting foot) 3.Awareness of ball line – center of goal & ball to find most effective angle. KEYS Allow GK to get into goal, do not rush activity! Celebrate all efforts by GK to stop the ball. 12-15 yd
Week of Sept 17 – Goalkeeping Activity 1A & 1B – Basic catching 4 YD GOALS, 8 YD APART Activity 2 – Basic Diving 6 YD GOALS, 8-10 YD APART Shoot-Keep-Retrieve 2 teams Rotation: Shoot-Keep-Retrieve Allow time for GKs to enter goal. Large Group Demo Pairs with a ball Focus on technique Progress to 1v1, serves from goal line. Large Group Demo GK Progress from Sitting, Kneeling, to Standing Rolled services to start Progress to 1v1 Same set up as before Allow GK to get into goal!!! Do not rush activity! Mentality Shoulders forward and square to ball Getting Set / Balanced Proper Hand Position Stay on Feet, Bend at Hips AND knees. Diving on side Small lateral step in direction of save Keep window open, keep ball where you can see it Hands to ground first, NOT hips or knees! Angle Play Timing of Getting Set Effort Shoot-Keep-Retrieve - Decisions - Ownership - Standards - Enjoyment - Technique - Attacking The Woodbury Way 11+ Done In Large Group Not a race Focus on proper movement
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.