1. UT of Puducherry has (a) One Lok Sabha seat (b) One Rajya Sabha seat (c) Thirty member Territorial Assembly excluding three nominated members. (d) No Legislative Council. (e) Five Municipalities and Ten Commune Panchayats. 2. The member of Lok Sabha, the thirty members to the Territorial Assembly, Chairpersons of Municipalities and Councilors to Municipalities and Commune Panchayats are directly elected through adult franchise. 3. The member of Rajya Sabha is elected by the Electoral College Consisting of thirty elected members and three nominated members of Territorial Assembly.
4. The councilors of Commune Panchayats in turn elect their chairperson. 5. The members of the Territorial Assembly, the member of the Lok Sabha and the member of the Rajya Sabha participate in the election to the office of the President of India. 6. The member of the Lok Sabha and the member of the Rajya Sabha participate in the election to the office of The Vice-President of India.
YANAM REGION 1.Comprises of 30 Yanam Assembly Constituency and it is a part of 01- Puducherry Parliamentary Constituency. 2.Yanam region has one member in the Territorial Assembly. 3.It is part of Puducherry Lok Sabha Constituency. 4.It has One Municipality consisting of ten wards.
ELECTION SUMMARY 1. The Electors in Yanam region have voted in General Election to Lok Sabha 13 times in 1967, 1971, 1977, 1980, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2004. 2. Similarly, they have voted in General Elections to Territorial Assembly 12 times in 1964, 1969,1974, 1977, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1996, 2001 and 2006. 3. They have voted in bye election to 30 Yanam Assembly Constituency once in September2000. 4. For the first time, they voted in the local body elections i.e in the year June2006.
Highlights of Previous Elections 1. In 1964, Sri Kamichetty Sri Parasurama vara prasada Rao Naidu was elected unanimously as M.L.A. 2. The least percentage of voting in Assembly Elections is 83.39% in 1991 and Highest percentage of voting is 96.44% in 2006. 3. Normally, there is a straight contest between two candidates. However, the third candidate secured 8.48%, 17.94% and 27.42% in years 1980, 1985 and 1990 respectively. 4. In 1977, Sri Kamichetty Sri Parasurama vara prasada Rao Naidu won by a margin of 66 votes against M.A.K. Zeelani. (Least Margin)
5.In 1990, the difference of votes between second and third Candidates is 72 votes only. 6. In 2006, Sri Malladi Krishna Rao won against Sri Raksha Harikrishna by a margin of 6306 votes. (Highest margin). Sri Malladi Krishna Rao secured 11763 votes and Sri Raksha Harikrishna secured 5457 votes. The winning candidate has secured more than the double the votes secured by the first running candidate. 7.In 2006, there were 11 candidates (Highest) and in 1969, there were only 2 candidates (Lowest). 8. There was no female candidate in 1964, 1969, 1977, 1980, 1985, 1990 and 1991. There was single female candidate in 1974, 1996 and 2006 and there were two female candidates in 2001. The maximum number of votes were secured by female candidate is 61 by Smt. C.S. Jayalakshmi in 1974. 9. The minimum number of votes were secured by any candidate is 6 by Shri Malladi Krishnarao in 1991.
DETAILS OF PREVIOUS ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS
1964 Sl.N o Name of the candidate SexPartyVotes 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MINCUNANIMO US 1969 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MIND2287 2Yarra Jagannadha Rao MINC1829 1974 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MIND2284 2Maddimsetti Satya Murthy Naidu MINC1986 3C.S.Jaya LakshmiFADK61
1977 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MJNP2047 2M.A.K. JeelaniMINC1981 3Maddimsetti Satya Murthy Naidu MIND230 1980 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MIND2433 2M.A.K.JeelaniMINC(I)2165 3Ponugumatla Vishnu Murthy MJNP426
1985 1Kamichetty Sri Parasurama Vara Prasada Rao Naidu MINC2884 2Ratcha Hari KrishnaMIND2498 3Ponugumatla Vishnu Murthy MTDP1248 4M.A.SirajuddinMDMK327 1990 1Ratcha Hari KrishnaMDMK4632 2Velaga Rajeswara Rao MINC3027 3Kamichetty Venkata Venu MIND2955 4Kamuju Srinivasa RaoMBSP121 5Gopala Rao Naidu Bapanna MIND27 6Mohamad Ben SalehaMIND13
Shri Gidla Chandra Rao – Chiarman of the Yanam Municipality Shri Malladi Krishna Rao – Honble Minister for Revenue, Excise, Tourism, LAD and Civil Aviation, Govt of Puducherry Shri Pendem Surya Prakash – the Vice Chiarman of the Yanam Municipality
Sh. P. Hari Babu Agraharm Ward -09 Sh. K. Mukunda Kumar Vishnalayam St. Ward -03 Sh. M.Subba Rao Guirempeta Ward-05 Sh. R. Anjaneyulu Pydikondala St Ward-7 Smt Ch. Venkata Lakshmi – Ambedkar Nagar – Ward-02 Smt Ch. Naga Lakshmi Pedapudi St. Ward-08 Smt G.Parimala Devi Pillaraya St. Ward-04 Smt S. Padmavathi Farampeta – Ward-06 Sh K. Sathi Raju Kanakalapeta – Ward-10 YANAM MUNCIPAL COUNCIL MEMBERS
1. The Electoral Roll consists of a) Mother roll published on 10.11.2008. b) Supplement 1 published on 10.01.2009. c) Supplement 2 published on 27.04.2009. 2.The roll is prepared with respect to 01.01.2009 as the qualifying date. 3.The additions/deletions/modifications carried in supplement 1 have been reflected in the mother roll through computer generated print. 4.The additions/deletions/modifications carried during continuous updation i.e. supplement 2 are carried in mother roll and supplement 1 manually through hand writing. 5. Entries relating to election duty certificate is carried out in all the working copies.
6. The working copies are made ready for use as below. Polling party- 4 sets Sector Officer - 1 set Asst. Returning Officer- 1 set Returning Officer- 1 set District Election Officer- 1 set Observer- 1 set 7. Details of the electoral roll: Number of voters: 27151 Male: 12973 Female: 14178 Number of parts: 30 Number of classified service voter: 1 8. Part wise electorate: (Click Here)Click Here 9. Partwise Areas covered: ( Click Here)Click Here 10. Preparation of the marked copy photos : (Click Here)Click Here
1. There are 50 control units and 80 balloting units in Yanam region. 2. For the present election, 31 control units and 62 balloting units are required. 3. First level checking was carried out by authorized engineers of ECIL on 04.03.2009. (Photos)Photos 4. Zero randomization and first randomization are not applicable as there is only one assembly constituency in Yanam region. 5. 2nd randomization (Click Here) and Preparation of EVMs ( Click Here) was carried out on 6/5/2009.Click HereClick Here 6. Control unit data base. (Click Here)Click Here 7. Ballot unit data base. (Click Here)Click Here 8. EVMs allotted to polling stations : 31-CU & 62-BU (Click Here)Click Here 9. Reserve EVMs :3-CU & 6-BU (Click Here)Click Here 10. EVMs used for training : 3-CU & 3-BU (Click Here)Click Here
1. There are 31 polling stations including 1 auxiliary polling station for part no. 30/23A. ( Click Here)Click Here 2. All the polling stations have pucca buildings as follows. a) Government schools: 18 b) Government buildings: 4 c) Community halls of Yanam Municipality: 8 d) Municipal Kalyana Mandapam: 1 3. Three number of premises have two polling stations. 4. All the polling stations have adequate facilities such as one entry door, one exit door, proper windows, sufficient lighting, fans, water and toilet facilities etc. 5. Works such as barricading, shamianas, mobile toilet facilities, water facilities will be carried out on 10.05.2009 and 11.05.2009.
30/0130/1130/21 30/0230/1230/22 30/0330/1330/23 30/0430/1430/23-A 30/0530/1530/24 30/0630/1630/25 30/0730/1730/26 30/0830/1830/27 30/09 30/1930/28 30/1030/2030/29 30/30 6. Maps of polling areas and polling stations
1. All the 31 polling stations have been segregated into 8 sectors. 2. Sector route maps Sector 1 Sector 2 Sector 3 Sector 4 Sector 5 Sector 6 Sector 7 Sector 8
1.ARO ( Click Here)Click Here 2.Zonal Officers/In charges (Click Here)Click Here 3.EVM management 1. N.Appa Rao, Commissioner, Yanam Municipality, Yanam. 2. M.T.Ramalingeswara Rao, JE, Yanam Municipality, Yanam. 3. B.Kumar, Assistant, O/o Delegate to DSE, Yanam. 4. P.Narendra Kumar, UDC, Commercial Taxes Dept., Yanam. 5. S.M.Rambabu, Peon, DAT, Yanam. 4.Electoral roll management 1. D.Gonteyya, SI, Fisheries Department Yanam. 2. M.A.Razaq, Junior Inspector, Cooperative Department, Yanam. 3. P.Srinivasa Rao, UDC, O/o Jt. BDO, Yanam. 4. S.Venkata Rao, Field Inspector, PADCO, Yanam. 5. B.Nagendra, Bill Collector, Yanam Municipality, Yanam.
9. Sector Officer and Asst. Sector Officer (Click Here)Click Here 10. Presiding Officer (Click Here)Click Here 11. Asst. Presiding Officer-cum-Polling Officer 1 (Click Here)Click Here 12. Polling Officer 2 (Click Here)Click Here 13. Polling Officer 3 (Click Here)Click Here 14. Attached Group D (Click Here)Click Here 15. Booth Level Officers (Click Here)Click Here 16. Sector teams:- Sector 1 Sector 2 Sector 3 Sector 4Sector 1Sector 2Sector 3Sector 4 Sector 5 Sector 6 Sector 7 Sector 8Sector 5Sector 6Sector 7Sector 8
Preparatory Works and Pre Poll Arrangements
1.The first level of checking of EVM was done on 4/3/2009 in the presence of the authorised engineer of ECIL. ( Click Here).Click Here 2. Meetings with recognised political parties were conducted on 11/2/2009, 5/3/2009, 18/3/2009, 20/3/2009 and 21/4/2009 to brief about the following issues. (photos)photos a) Appointment of Booth Level Agencies b) Verification of the roll in the presence of the BLAs and BLOs c) Model code of conduct d) Restrictions regarding printing and publication e) Use of vehicles for election campaign f) Holding of public meetings, rallies and campaigns
3. Standing Committee with representatives from political parties was constituted to oversee the enforcement of model code of conduct. 4.Power Point Presentation regarding EVM and demonstration of the functioning of EVM was done to the representatives of the political parties. (Photos)Photos 5. Adequate Election briefings were given to team incharges, zonal officers, sector officers, assistant sector officers, presiding officers, assistant presiding officers, polling officers and booth level officers on various dates. (photos)photos 6.Training was imparted to the incharges regarding checking and preparation of EVMs, conduct of elections, prepoll arrangements, post poll arrangements and counting arrangements on various dates. 7.All the sector officers and assistant sector officers were given training twice by District Election Officer on 7/4/2009 and 8/4/2009 at Puducherry.
8.Presiding officers and assistant presiding officers were given adequate training on 17/4/2009, 18/4/2009, 20/4/2009, 25/4/2009, 29/4/2009 and 7/5/2009. (Photos).Photos 9. Other polling personnel ie., polling offiers-2 and 3 were given training two times. (photos).photos 10. Poll Day Data Entry Training and Mock Data Entry was carried out at NIC, Yanam on 17-04-2009 and 06-05- 2009. (photos)photos 11.Counting software training and mock counting data entry was carried out at NIC, Yanam on 6/5/2009. 12. GENESYS software training and the working of the software was carried out at NIC, Yanam on 03-05-2009 and 05-05-2009(photos) 13. Thiru R.Muralidharan has imparted training to micro observers on 6/5/2009. (photos)photos
14. Thiru V.Lakshmanacharyulu is placed as the incharge for the polling station management. Inspection was conducted on various dates by ARO and other officials. Final inspection was conducted on 30/4/2009 and all the polling stations have adequate facilities. 15. Thiru N. Appa Rao, Commissioner, Yanam Municipality is the incharge for EVM management. EVM awareness programnme was conducted at every booth two times from 23/3/2009 to 30/4/2009. Totally, 9,693 voters had hands on experience on voting during this awareness programme. (photos)photos 16. A meeting with excise officials was conducted on 14-04-2009 for joint monitoring of issues relating to illicit arrack, IMFL and other excise related items. (photos)photos 17. Training and briefing session was conducted with police officials on 4/5/2009. Thiru S.K.Mohiddin, Senior Advocate has given briefing about electoral law, electoral offenses, corrupt practises and model code of conduct to police personnel. (photo).photo
18. Towards voter facilitation two kiosks were set up in the ground floor of the mini civil station. A voter can find out his/her voter details depending on the door number or voter id number. A video presentation on How-To-Vote on EVM is also placed in kiosks for voter awareness. (photo)photo) 19. Toll free number will be assigned by BSNL during the last three days for the poll.
1. The conference hall in the 2nd floor of Mini Civil Station will be used as Dispatch Centre. 2. Dispatch Plan 01. 02. 03. 04. N. Appa Rao, Commissioner Betalam Kumar, Assistant. Khandavilli Ramakrishna, UDC S.M. Rambabu, Peon 1. Issue of Prepared EVMs 2. Tendered Ballot Papers 3. Indelible Ink 4. Green paper Seals 5. Strip Seals, Special Tags 6. Issue of other Polling materials Counter 1
Counter 2 01. 02. 03. 04. V. Lakshmanacharyulu, DD(A) Manga Venkateswarulu, Assistant. P. Omnamassivaya, Assistant. Mattaparthy Srinivasa Rao, Peon 1. Issue of Prepared EVMs 2. Tendered Ballot Papers 3. Indelible Ink 4. Green paper Seals 5. Strip Seals, Special Tags 6. Issue of other Polling materials Counter 3 01. 02. 03. A.V. Krishna Rao, Assistant Kotha SS Narayana, UDC Malladi Kamaraju, Daily Rated 1. Issue of Prepared EVMs 2. Tendered Ballot Papers 3. Indelible Ink 4. Green paper Seals 5. Strip Seals, Special Tags 6. Issue of other Polling materials
05. 06. 07. 08. B. Niranjana Rao, DT (R) Pesala Suryanarayana, Assistant G. Venkateswara Rao, Assistant P.Subrahmanyeswara Rao, Peon Movement of EVMs from strong room to Counters, Issue of Tender Ballot Papers, Indelible Ink, Green paper Seals, Strip seals etc. shall issue to Counters 09. 10. Fernandez, V.R, M.V.I., Rekadi Krishna Murthy, UDC Regulation of traffic on Pre-poll and Poll day 11. 12. S. Madhusudhana Rao, D.I.O., B. Chandra Sekhar, D.I.A., Communication of messages through NICNET on pre-poll and poll day 13.Ch. Subrahmaneswara Rao, UDC 1) Preparation of Acquaintance and Cash Disbursement on Pre-Poll and Poll day 14. 15. A. Satyanarayana Murthy, Asst. Donepudi Krishna Rao, LDC Issue of Final Orders of Pr.Os & Polling Officer 1(APO) and other works as assigned by Election Unit 16. 17. K. Manikyala Rao, Assistant Kona Gangadhara Rao, LDC Issue of Final Orders of Polling Officers 2 & 3 and other works as assigned by Election Unit 18.Eli Rama Rao, WatchmanGroup D Assistance to ARO.
6. EVMs replacement K.Satyanarayana, Assistant 7. The SOs will be visiting all the polling stations once in every hour from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 8. The polling information is passed on to ARO through mobile phones by SOs. 9. The poll data is captured through software provided by NIC.
1. After conduct of the poll, the EVMs will be received in the Conference Hall, 2nd floor of Mini Civil Station. 2. The following officials are put incharge for the receipt arrangements. COUNTER No.1 (STATUTORY MATERIAL) 1) N. Appa Rao, Commissioner 2) A.V. Krishna Rao, Assistant. 3) Betalam Kumar, Assistant 4) SM Rambabu, Peon 1) Polled EVMs 2) Account of votes recorded & paper seal (Form-17C) (in duplicate) 3) Declaration by the P.O. before commencement of the Poll and after completion of the poll 4) PO Diary (in duplicate) with visit sheet 5) Voters Turnout Report (PS 05) 6) 16 point Observer report
COUNTER NO.2 (STATUTORY MATERIAL) (Green cover) 1) V. Lakshmanacharyulu, DD(A) 2) Gogu Venkateswararao, Asst. 3) Manga Venkateswarulu, Asst. 4) Mattaparty Srinivasarao, Peon 1) Sealed cover containing the marked copy of Electoral roll 2) Sealed cover containing the Register of voters (17-A) 3) Sealed cover containing used Voters slips 4) Sealed cover containing the used Tendered ballot Papers and the list in Form 17-B 5) Sealed cover containing unused tendered Ballot papers
COUNTER NO.3 (NON-STATUTORY MATERIAL) (Yellow cover) 1) P. Omnamassivaya, Asst. 2) K. Ramakrishna, UDC 3) Kotha SS Narayana, UDC 4) P. Subrahmanyeswararao, Peon 1) Cover containing the other copies of electoral roll (other than the marked copy) 2) Cover containing the appointment letters of Polling Agent in Form – 10/Account of Entry Pass/Mock poll Certificate. 3) Cover containing the EDCs (Form 12-B) 4) SEALED COVER containing the list of challenged Votes in Form-14 5) Cover containing the list of blind and infirm electors in Form 14-A and the declaration of the companions 6) Cover containing the declarations obtained from electors as to their age and the list of such electors 7) Cover containing the receipt book and cash, if any, in respect of challenged votes 8) Cover containing unused and damaged paper seals 9) Cover containing unused voter slips 10)Cover containing unused and damaged special tags 11)Cover containing unused and damaged strip seals 12)Cover containing unused Braille ballot sheets.
COUNTER NO.4 (Brown cover) 1) A. Satyanarayana Murthy, Assistant. 2) Kona Gangadhararao, LDC 3) Masigri Egulu, DRSA 1) Hand book for Presiding Officer 2) Manual of EVM 3) Indelible ink set (with stopper having been secured on each Phial effectively with molten candle or wax applied thereon to prevent leakage or evaporation); 4) Self-inking pads 5) Metal seal of the presiding Officer 6) Arrow cross-mark rubber stamp for marking tendered ballot paper 7) Cup for setting the indelible ink
COUNTER NO. 5 (Blue Cover- Misc. items) 1) K. Manikyalarao, Assistant.. 2) Donepudi Krishna Rao, LDC 3) Malladi Kamaraju, DRSA. 1) Voting compartment 2) Metal ruler 3) Table file 4) Others, if any. 4) B. Niranjanarao, DTR 5) Pesala Suryanarayana, Asst. Collecting the Polled EVMs/P.O. Diary/Form 17C From Counter-1 section and to be kept in the strong room by Polling Station wise order. 3. The reception center will start functioning from 5:00 p.m. on 13.05.2009 till the entire receipt work is completed.
1. Counting will take place in conference hall, 2nd floor of Mini Civil Station. 2. Lay out and counting center (Click Here)Click Here 3. Counting supervisors and counting staff. (Click Here)Click Here 4. Number of rounds required - 6 (Click Here)Click Here 5. The six micro observers drafted for poll day can be used as counting micro observers on the counting day, if accepted. 6. These counting micro observers will replace the second counting assistants drafted. 7. The mock counting was successfully done on 03.05.2009 and 05.05.2009 using the software provided by ECI.
STRONG ROOM ARRANGEMENTS
The prepared EVMs to be sent to the polling stations are stored in the room beside conference hall in the 2nd floor. (photos)photos 1.The room has been sealed in the presence of political party representatives and handed over to police for guard and security on 6/5/2009 (Photos)Photos 2.On 12/5/2009, at 1300 hrs, the strong room will be opened in the presence of the political party representatives and the EVMs are distributed to the polling parties. 3.After conduct of the poll, these EVMs are again stored in the strong room and sealed on 13/5/2009. 4.On 16/5/2009, the strong room is opened and EVMs will be moved to the counting centre which is located just adjacent to the strong room.
5.The counting will be done as per schedule. 6.After the counting, the used EVMs and statutory material will be stored in the strong room of the DAT located in the ground floor of the Mini Civil Station. 7.All the other election material including unused EVMs will be stored in the strong room adjacent to counting centre on the second floor itself.
VISIT OF C.E.O
1.Thiru S.Kumara Swamy, Chief Electoral Officer, Govt. of Puducherry visited Yanam on 6-4-2009 To 8-4-2009. 2.The following activities were reviewed. a) Brief review of the preparatory works already done through Power Point Presentation. b) Press Meet c) Meeting the political representatives d) Meeting with Election Work Team incharges e) Briefing the sector officers, assistant sector officers and booth level officers. ( photos for all above)photos for all above
VISIT OF ELECTORAL ROLL OBSERVER
1.Thiru S.D.Sundaresan, Electoral Roll Observer for Yanam Constituency has visited Yanam 2.The following registers maintained by the booth level officers were verified. (photos)photos a) Field Inspection Register b) Register of Form-6 c) Register of Form-7 d) Register of Form-8 e) Register of Form-8A f) Proceedings of the meetings with BLAs. 3. The houses containing more than 10 voters were physically inspected and verified.
OTHER GENERAL ARRANGEMENTS
Model code of conduct
1.A standing committee with representatives of the recognized political parties as members has been constituted to over see the enforcement of Model code of conduct in Yanam region. 2.A meeting with the Political parties was held and they were requested to adhere to model code of conduct strictly. Further a copy of the model code of conduct and FAQ prepared by ECI was given to them for reference. 3.At the Regional Level Model code of conduct is monitored, by a team under Shri B. Niranjana Rao, Deputy Tashildar (Revenue)-cum-Executive Magistrate with help of Sub-Inspector of Police and other police personnel. 4.At the Sector level, Sector Officers and Assistant Sector Officers monitor MCC. 5.At the area level, MCC is monitored by Booth Level Officers.
The following three areas were identified to be vulnerable. a. Savithri Nagar b. Guirempeta c. Kanakalapet 1. The following 2 persons identified as trouble makers and binding over proceedings were initiated against them. a) Thirukoti Mohana Rao, Farampeta b) Nakkala Edukondalu, Mettacuru Step 1: Identification of areas prone to intimidation/threat Step 2: Identification of the trouble makers/reasons for vulnerability
2.Savithri Nagar and Guirempeta hamlets consists of predominately fishermen community. In these hamlets it was reported that there is likely hood of village Headmen intimidating the voters, in case the voters do not toe the decision taken by them. 3. In Kanakalapeta area the problem is mainly due to existence of rival groups. The rival groups are likely to intimidate the normal voters. 1.The trouble makers were identified by the Police and preventive action has been initiated by placing a complaint under section 107 and 109 as the case may be. 2.Further, The above three areas have the following five booths. Step: 3: Preventive action
1.30/14.. Community hall, Savithri Nagar 2. 30/15.. Government Primary School, Savithri Nagar 3. 30/13.. Government Primary School, Guirempeta 4. 30/29.. Government High School, Kanakalapeta 5. 30/30.. Government Primary School, Kanakalapeta Apart from the above five polling stations, Central Boys School, Yanam (Polling Stations 30/21 and 30/22) and Government Primary School Agraharam (30/28) are sensitive for the following reasons. 1. People belonging to difference community vote at these centers. 2. Large number of electorate
There are 3 vulnerable areas and two sensitive areas in Yanam as below: 1.Savithri Nagar (Vulnerable) 2.Guirempeta (Vulnerable) 3.Kanakalapeta (Vulnerable) 4.Central Boys School (Sensitive) 5.Agraharam (Sensitive ) Savithri nagar, Kankalapeta and Central Boys School as two Polling stations whereas Guirempeta and Agraharam as one polling station. The five areas mentioned above have eight polling stations. 1.30/14.. Community hall, Savithri Nagar (Vulnerable) 2.30/15.. Government Primary School, Savithri Nagar (Vulnerable) 3.30/13.. Government Primary School, Guirempeta (Vulnerable)
4.30/29.. Government High School, Kanakalapeta (Vulnerable) 5.30/30.. Government Primary School, Kanakalapeta (Vulnerable) 6.30/21.. Central Boys School, Yanam (Sensitive) 7.30/22.. Central Boys School, Yanam (Sensitive) 8.30/28.. Government Primary School, Agraharam. (Sensitive) Eight numbers of videographers are being hired to cover entire polling activity on 13-05-2009 from 6.00 am to till completion of the poll in the above eight polling stations
Complaints The following complaints were received and examined as follows: Click Here
1.The following five numbers of check posts around Yanam region were set in place for effective monitoring of entry and exist in to Yanam region. MOODU THUMULU - METTKUR Draksharama Road Yanam Border ByPass road Near Bheem Nagar Farampeta – Adi- Andhra Peta Giriampeta Entrance 2.They are functioning from 14-04-2009 and will function upto 18- 05-2009. 3. Each check post is manned by 3 civil staff and one Police personnel during every shift. 4. Each check post has 3 shifts of staff to monitor it round the clock.
Check Posts Staff CHECK POST – I CHECK POST – II CHECK POST – III CHECK POST – IV CHECK POST – V
Defacement Sl.NoDateWork done 1.17-03-20091.One image and name of Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao, Honble Minister for Revenue is hanging over to the wall of Cycle Shelter, Farmpeta, Yanam where Adult Education Centre is running and the same was removed. 2.One image and name of Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao, Honble Minister for Revenue is hanging over to the wall of Community Hall, New Rajeev nagar, Yanam where Adult Education Centre is running and the same was removed 3.Thiru Tekumudi Venkata Rao of New Rajeevnagar, Yanam is hoisting a Flag of CPI party on house. The house owner has been advised either to obtain prior permission to hoist the flag or to remove the flag immediately.
2.20-03-2009It is reported by the Deputy Tahsildar (Revenue), Yanam that the calendars are hanging to the walls of house with the image and name of the Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao, Honble Minister for Revenue, Puducherry at Ayyannagar, Farampet, Dommetipet and wooden board of Adult Education Centre belongs to Yanam Old Age Home with the image of Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao, Honble Minister for Revenue., Pudcherry is kept at Community Hall of Dommetipet and the same were removed
2.28-03-2009It is reported by the Sector Officer- VI that two number of wall posters belonging to Praja Rajyam Party were found available and the same was removed. A flex board with the image of Thiru Malladi Krishna Rao and Gidla Chandra Rao was kept at the house of Thiru Illa Nageswara Rao, Dommetipet and the same was removed by the house owner. About 25 wall posters were found available in all the areas regarding the Christian peace meeting at Mettacur and the same were removed.
3.30-03-2009It is reported by the Sector Officer- VI that a big size old banner of Communist Party was found available on a vegetable cart in New Rajiv Nagar and the same was removed by the vegetable cart owner. Two numbers of calendars belongs to Old Age Home with the image of Thiru malladi Krishna Rao is found available and the same was removed 4.30-04-2009It was reported by the Sector-I that one old poster containing Honble Revenue Ministers photo along with two other posters which relating to christian religion meeting on 16-02-2009 to 19-02-2009 found available on a petty shop at Ambedkarnagar and the same was removed.
It was reported by the Sector-VI that 10 nos. of posters with the images of Honble Ministers on the walls of Ayyanna nagar area and the same were removed. 5.05-04-2009 It was reported by the Sector-II that 3 party flags of Indian National Congress are found available at the polling station 30/22 and the same were removed.
Confidence Building Measures
There are 3 vulnerable areas in Yanam as below: 1.Savithri Nagar 2.Guirempeta 3.Kanakalapeta 1. A meeting with Village Headmen of Savithri Nagar was conducted on 08-05-2009 and they were informed to not to resort to issuing local Whips (photos)photos 2. Similar meeting was held with Village Headmen Guirempeta on 08-05-2009 (photos)photos 3. The rival groups from Kanakalapeta were called for meeting on 08-05-2009 and were informed to co-operate for smooth and Peaceful, conduct of poll without resorting to any commotions. (photos).(photos 4. Further it is proposed to hold public meetings in these villages with the help of Police to create an atmosphere of confidence among the voters on 10-05-2009 and 11-05-2009.
Important Political Activities during the campaign period
1.Motor Cycle Rally by Congress party ( photos)photos 2.Motor Cycle Rally by PMK and ADMK (photos)photos 3.Public Meeting by Congress (photos)photos 4.Rally by BJP (photos)photos 5.Public Meeting by BJP 6.Door to door canvassing by various parties