Presentation on theme: "Part-financed by the European Union WS 3: Communication Joint Technical Secretariat Lead Applicant seminar, Hamburg, 2-4 April 2008."— Presentation transcript:
Part-financed by the European Union WS 3: Communication Joint Technical Secretariat Lead Applicant seminar, Hamburg, 2-4 April 2008
Content I. Presentation Intro: why communication is important? 1. Baseline: DOCUMENTS 2. What are the REQUIREMENTS 3. Practical steps: 1 & 2 4. Support from JTS II. Workshop
Why communication is important? - helps to achieve project results - improves quality - wider visibility - promotes assistance from Programme and EU Shift: from informing towards communicating!
- plan well and implement communication activities! - we are here to help you - you will help us win-win scenario! Communication adds value!
1. Documents EU Commission Regulation No.1828/2006 (Article 8 & 9, Annex 1) EU Visibility Guidelines for External Actions Programme Programme Manual: Chapter 8 Application form: WP2 „Communication and information“ Lead Applicant Declaration, Partner Declaration, Grant contract
2. REQUIREMENTS: preparation (1) Plan resources: - staff (Information Manager) - budget for activities Fill in WP 2 “Communication & information” in the application form Note: during assessment budget will be checked against planned activities
Fill in: - aim - target groups - communication tools - milestones & outputs - budget (section 4 of the AF) 2. REQUIREMENTS: preparation (2)
2. REQUIREMENTS: implementation Yahooo! My project is approved! - Prepare a communication plan - Design project logo and website - All project outputs and results must have clear reference to the programme & EU contribution
Purpose: - plan information and communication activities - target audience with information it is interested in - disseminate information about the project and its results Communication plan (1)
The plan should: 1)fulfil the requirements 2)be realistic 3)contribute to more visible project results Communication plan (2)
Communication plan (3) 1. general strategy 2. annexes: I) amended WP 2 with extended information, milestones and main outputs II) indicators for WP2 (listed in Programme Manual 10.3.2)
3. Practical steps Step 1: fill in WP2 in the Application Form This will be assessed! Step 2: after approval submit Communication plan This will be monitored ! When taking step 1, do not forget about step 2!
4. Support from JTS - Website eu.baltic.net - Programme Communication plan - Communication Guidelines & best practice examples - Individual consultations per phone & e-mail - Lead Partner seminar - Communication seminar