4VM Series, the Top-selling Machine Track record reaching as many as 8,000 units.Developed VM4 in 1994 VM4II in 1998 VM4III in 2003The VM4 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 2,600 units.Developed VM5 in 1997 VM5II in 1998 VM5III in 2003The VM5 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 3,800 units.Developed VM7 in 2001 Developed VM7III in 2003The VM7 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 1,600 units.
5Precise Cutting Performance. Maximizing the features of the box ways,OKK developed a new series withPrecise Cutting Performance.For real machining professionalsThe VM/R Series are Now Available! Ｒ stands for REAL Rigidity EcologyApplication variety Long Machine Life
7Features of VM76R 1. Increased rigidity of the main body 2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle3. Increased workability4. Increased maximum loadable weight on table5. Eco-friendliness6. Increased operability7. Built to new design
8Y-axis slideway pitch+80 mm 1. Increased rigidity of the main body•Increased rigidity of the table, saddle, column, and bedRe-optimizing rib shape, size and location Y-axis pitch extended 80mmImproved internal structure of saddleAchieving a 30% reduction in deflection caused by overhanging.Y-axis slideway pitch+80 mm
92. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle Large-diameter bearing used for the gear spindle (#50)85 mm (VM7III) 100 mm Torque increased by use of larger-capacity motor • Spindle motorStandard: 11/7.5kW (VM7III) 15/11kWOption: 15/11kW (VM7III) 18.5/15kW • Maximum spindle torque281.71N • m 461N･m: Standard for 15-/11-kW motor347.44N • m 568N･m: Option for 18.5-/15-kW motor
103. Increased work area Larger working area 1530 mm740 mm (VM7III) 1540 mm760 mm (X axis: +10 mm / Y axis: +20 mm)Larger table dimensions1550 mm740 mm (VM7III)1550 mm760 mm (Depth: +20 mm)Y Axis: 760 mmZ Axis: 660 mmX Axis: 1540 mmZ axis: 660 mm Table height: 1000 mm
11• Wider folding internal step 600 mm(VM7III)1000 mm (Width: +400 mm) Operator Friendly• Wider folding internal step 600 mm(VM7III)1000 mm (Width: +400 mm) • Built-in external step as standardBuilt-in retractable step(Retracting in the skirt)Foldable step(Retracting under the door)External step retracted
12 No interference of the head with workpiece on the table Changed shape of the bottom surface of main body of the head.VM7IIIVM76R
13Hollow Cooling (Option) 4. Increased maximum loadable weight2000-kg maximum loadable weight available (Option)(Standard maximum loadable weight: 1500 kg)Options incorporated to support excess loadable weight: Larger diameter and smaller lead for the Y-axis ball screw 4012 → 4510 (Dedicated saddle) Cooling of hollowdouble-wall anchorsadopted for all axesHollow Cooling (Option)NutNutCoolant OilBall ScrewServomotorCirculating temperature-controlled coolant oil reduced thermal displacement.Ｘ-axis ball screw
14Surface Squeeze Air Layer Hybrid box way adopted for Y axisStatic air-bearing pad combined with the box wayreduces load weight.Air SupplyAir Supply SlotSurface Squeeze Air LayerResin Slide WayGrinding Slide Way
15Enhanced machine rigidity and power Increased X- and Y-axis motor capacities as standardIncreased X- and Y-axis traverse thrust force as standardFANUC: 10362N 14137N (16964N) UP 36%Mitsubishi: 10603N 17530N (21036N) UP 65%The 2000-kg specification allows further increase in the thrust force only of the Y-axis by 20%.FANUC: 16964N Mitsubishi: 21036N
165. Eco-friendliness Energy saving by gear drive Power supply capacity reducedby as much as 25% comparedwith MS series spindles Energy saving by using LED lights as standard Energy saving by eco sleep functionSwitches to sleep mode when the machine remains on standby for over a given period of time, turning OFF the servomotor, chip conveyor, etc.
176. High operability Operator friendly panel Operator friendly panel adopted to provide operators with ease of monitoring and use • Large 15-inch display • QWERTY keyboard layout10.4 inch15 inch
24 Floor Space Same as VM4III Width: 19801980 Depth: 26552655 Height: Maintenance AreaSame as VM4IIIWidth:19801980Depth:26552655Height:26262626
255. APC (Option) Specification Name of APC DT-APC Pallet change method Direct returnPallet size400320Top surface finish of palletM10 screws in 24 placesAllowed loadable weight on pallet150 kg (Even weight distribution) (Weight of pallet alone: 65 kg)Pallet clamp unitMounted on the table of the main body (Air pressure: 0.9MPa)Pallet clamp force7360NPallet clamp check/detection methodBy pressure switchPallet positioning methodBy taper coneSame pallet change repeat accuracyX, Y, Z: 0.01 mmMutual error in pallet changeX and Y: 0.25 mm, Z: 0.02 mmPallet change time8 secondsColumn UP200 mmAPC mounting positionMount on the front of the machineOperating air pressure0.9MPa (intensify 0.5-Mpa main pressure)Operating air volume100 liters (per single operation of APC)
28Features of VM53R 1. Increased rigidity of the main body 2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle3. Increased accessibility4. Increased workability5. Increased overall accuracy(6. Eco-friendliness Common with the VM-R Series) (7. High operability Common with the VM-R Series)8. Built to new design
29Providing vertical ribs achieved increase in the rigidity of the bed. 1. Increased rigidity of the main body• Increased rigidity of the table, saddle, column, and bedIncreased wall thickness by 20% to 30% compared with the conventional series Improved structure of bed ribsVM5III BedVM53R BedProviding vertical ribs achieved increase in the rigidity of the bed.
30VM5III Saddle • B type applied to the basic design Extended slide way of the saddle Increased wall thickness of casting of the slide portionVM5III Saddle
312. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle Large-diameter bearing used for the gear spindle (#50)85 mm (VM5III)100 mm Torque increased by the use of larger-capacity motor• Spindle motorStandard: 11/7.5kW (VM5III) 15/11kWOption: 15/11kW (VM5III) 18.5/15kW• Maximum spindle torque281.71N･m 461N･m: Standard for 15-/11-kW motor347.44N･m 568N･m: Option for 18.5-/15-kW motor
323. Increased accessibility • Distance from the front surface of guard to the spindle850 mm (VM5III)780 mm (Shorter by 70 mm)• Height from the floor to the table950 mm (VM5III) 920 mm (Lower by 30 mm)780 mm920 mm
334. Increased workability Larger working area (Type B, Type C)1020 mm510 mm (VM5III)1050 mm530 mm （X axis: +30 mm / Y axis: +20 mm) Larger table dimensions (Type C)1250 mm560 mm (VM5III)1260 mm560 mm (Longitudinal travel: +10 mm)1050 mm 560 mm for Type BY Axis: 530 mmZ Axis: 510 mmType A was abolished.Z axis: 510 mmX Axis: 1050 mm
34 No interference of the head with workpiece on the table Changed shape of the bottom surface of main body of the head.
355. Increased overall accuracy • Reduced lead of ball screwX axis: 4012 4010 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 30 m/min.)Y axis: 4012 4010 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 30 m/min.)Z axis: 4010 4010 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 20 m/min.)Making the pitch of the ball screw narrower by 20% increased the dynamic accuracy by 20%.Using scale software increased positioning accuracy.Making the pitch of the ball screwNarrower by 20% increased thetraverse thrust force of theX and Y axes by 20%.FANUC: 5655N 6786NMitsubishi: 6456N 7747N
40Items previously optional on VP600 now incorporated as standard Spindle taper (12R, Increased power, Big-plus) C axis scale Magazine with a capacity for 40 tools ATC shutter Coil conveyor
41Features of VC-X500 1. Increased accessibility 2. Large workpiece capacity3. High feed rigidity4. Magazines can be easily extended5. Eco-friendliness6. Rotation axis measurement function7. Geometric error compensation function
421. Increased accessibility Installing the X axis (table travel axis) at right angles to the column achieved a significant increase in accessibility to the spindle and workpiece.
43• Distance from the front door to the center of table: 620 mm • Distance from the front door to the center of spindle: 120 mm• Distance from floor to the top surface of table: 1080 mm
452. Large workpiece capacity 700 by H500 mmMax. loadable weight: 500 kg (which is the highest level in the class)Suppressing the floor space to 3300 mm by 2450 mm.2450 mm3300 mm
463. High feed ridigity • Roller guide: UP by nearly 20% Upgraded feed system• Roller guide: UP by nearly 20% • Ball screw diameter: UP by nearly 36%(Compared with VP600-5AX)Ｘ軸Y,Z AxesＹ，Ｚ軸X Axis
474. Easily extended magazines Chain-operated, self-standing magazine40 tool capacity provided as standardThe same floor space allows installing 2 magazines with a capacity for 60 toolsFloor space for the second stand magazineStandard magazine with a capacity for 40 tools
485. Eco-friendliness Energy saving through use of LED lights as standardEnergy saving by eco sleep functionSwitches to sleep mode when the machine remains on standby for a given period of time, turning OFF the servomotor, chip conveyor, etc.This reduces standby power consumption by nearly 54%.
496. Rotation axis measurement function Use of a touch sensor makes it possible to make measurement of the axis of rotation of the table of 5-axis machine in an easy way and a short period of time.Just need to install a reference sphere as shown in the guide diagram and then press the Cycle Start button.Setting the measurement results to NC parametersEffect: Providing higher accuracy for 5-axis indexing and higher grade for 5-axis simultaneous machining
507. Geometry error compensation function For machining with 5-axis machine,geometry errors (such as the tilt and displacement of the axisof rotation) significantly affect machining accuracy.Exhibit for referenceXYZACDirection of the center of axis of actual machineCorrect direction of the center of axisError in the direction of the center of C axisError in the direction of the center of A axis
51 Geometry error compensation function This function makes automatic measurement and compensation of geometry errors using a touch sensor.Rotate the A and C axes to make measurement at several measure points.XYZACXYZACCalculate compensationparameters on the software side, and then set the results on the NC.Just installing a reference sphere in accordance with theguide diagram shown on the display, and then pressing theCycle Start button can facilitate making measurement andsetting it to the NC.Effect: Providing higher accuracy for 5-axis indexing and higher grade for 5-axis simultaneous machining