Vertical Machining Center VM-R Series VM53R VM43R VM76R
VM Series, the Top-selling Machine Track record reaching as many as 8,000 units. Developed VM4 in 1994 VM4II in 1998 VM4III in 2003 The VM4 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 2,600 units. Developed VM5 in 1997 VM5II in 1998 VM5III in 2003 The VM5 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 3,800 units. Developed VM7 in 2001 Developed VM7III in 2003 The VM7 Series reached a supply track record of nearly 1,600 units.
Maximizing the features of the box ways, OKK developed a new series with Precise Cutting Performance. For real machining professionals The VM/R Series are Now Available! Ｒ stands for REAL Rigidity Ecology Application variety Long Machine Life
1. Increased rigidity of the main body 2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle 3. Increased workability 4. Increased maximum loadable weight on table 5. Eco-friendliness 6. Increased operability 7. Built to new design Features of VM76R
1. Increased rigidity of the main body Increased rigidity of the table, saddle, column, and bed Y-axis slideway pitch+80 mm Achieving a 30% reduction in deflection caused by overhanging. Y-axis pitch extended 80mm Re-optimizing rib shape, size and location Improved internal structure of saddle
2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle Large-diameter bearing used for the gear spindle (#50) 85 mm (VM7III) 100 mm Torque increased by use of larger-capacity motor Spindle motor Standard: 11/7.5kW (VM7III) 15/11kW Option: 15/11kW (VM7III) 18.5/15kW Maximum spindle torque 281.71N m 461N ･ m: Standard for 15-/11-kW motor 347.44N m 568N ･ m: Option for 18.5-/15-kW motor
3. Increased work area Larger working area 1530 mm 740 mm (VM7III) 1540 mm 760 mm (X axis: +10 mm / Y axis: +20 mm) Larger table dimensions 1550 mm 740 mm (VM7III) 1550 mm 760 mm (Depth: +20 mm) Z axis: 660 mm Table height: 1000 mm Y Axis: 760 mm X Axis: 1540 mm Z Axis: 660 mm
Operator Friendly Wider folding internal step 600 mm(VM7III) 1000 mm (Width: +400 mm) Built-in external step as standard Built-in retractable step (Retracting in the skirt) Foldable step (Retracting under the door) External step retracted
No interference of the head with workpiece on the table Changed shape of the bottom surface of main body of the head. VM7III VM76R
4. Increased maximum loadable weight 2000-kg maximum loadable weight available (Option) (Standard maximum loadable weight: 1500 kg) Options incorporated to support excess loadable weight: Larger diameter and smaller lead for the Y-axis ball screw 40 12 → 45 10 (Dedicated saddle) Cooling of hollow double-wall anchors adopted for all axes Ｘ -axis ball screw Circulating temperature-controlled coolant oil reduced thermal displacement. Hollow Cooling (Option) Nut Coolant Oil Ball Screw Servomotor
Hybrid box way adopted for Y axis Static air-bearing pad combined with the box way reduces load weight. Air Supply Air Supply Slot Resin Slide Way Surface Squeeze Air Layer Grinding Slide Way
Increased X- and Y-axis motor capacities as standard Increased X- and Y-axis traverse thrust force as standard FANUC: 10362N 14137N (16964N) UP 36% Mitsubishi: 10603N 17530N (21036N) UP 65% The 2000-kg specification allows further increase in the thrust force only of the Y-axis by 20%. FANUC: 16964N Mitsubishi: 21036N Enhanced machine rigidity and power
5. Eco-friendliness Energy saving by gear drive Power supply capacity reduced by as much as 25% compared with MS series spindles Energy saving by using LED lights as standard Energy saving by eco sleep function Switches to sleep mode when the machine remains on standby for over a given period of time, turning OFF the servomotor, chip conveyor, etc.
6. High operability Operator friendly panel Operator friendly panel adopted to provide operators with ease of monitoring and use Large 15-inch display QWERTY keyboard layout 10.4 inch 15 inch
１. High workability (2. Eco-friendliness Common with the VM-R Series ) (3. High operability Common with the VM-R Series ) 4. Built to new design 5. APC (Option) Features of VM43R
１. Increased workability Larger working area 630 mm 410 mm (VM4III) 630 mm 430 mm (Y axis: +20 mm) Larger table dimensions 800 mm 410 mm (VM4III) 800 mm 420 mm (Depth: +10 mm) Z axis: 460 mm Table height: 900 mm Loadable weight on table: 500 kg Y Axis: 430 mm X Axis: 630 mm Z Axis: 460 mm
Same as VM4III Width: 1980 1980 Depth: 2655 2655 Height: 2626 2626 Floor Space Maintenance Area
5. APC (Option) Name of APCDT-APC Pallet change methodDirect return Pallet size 400 320 Top surface finish of palletM10 screws in 24 places Allowed loadable weight on pallet 150 kg (Even weight distribution) (Weight of pallet alone: 65 kg) Pallet clamp unit Mounted on the table of the main body (Air pressure: 0.9MPa) Pallet clamp force7360N Pallet clamp check/detection methodBy pressure switch Pallet positioning methodBy taper cone Same pallet change repeat accuracyX, Y, Z: 0.01 mm Mutual error in pallet changeX and Y: 0.25 mm, Z: 0.02 mm Pallet change time8 seconds Column UP200 mm APC mounting positionMount on the front of the machine Operating air pressure0.9MPa (intensify 0.5-Mpa main pressure) Operating air volume100 liters (per single operation of APC) Specification
1. Increased rigidity of the main body 2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle 3. Increased accessibility 4. Increased workability 5. Increased overall accuracy (6. Eco-friendliness Common with the VM-R Series) (7. High operability Common with the VM-R Series) 8. Built to new design Features of VM53R
1. Increased rigidity of the main body Increased rigidity of the table, saddle, column, and bed Increased wall thickness by 20% to 30% compared with the conventional series Improved structure of bed ribs VM5III BedVM53R Bed Providing vertical ribs achieved increase in the rigidity of the bed.
B type applied to the basic design Extended slide way of the saddle Increased wall thickness of casting of the slide portion VM5III Saddle
2. Increased rigidity and torque of the spindle Large-diameter bearing used for the gear spindle (#50) 85 mm (VM5III) 100 mm Torque increased by the use of larger-capacity motor Spindle motor Standard: 11/7.5kW (VM5III) 15/11kW Option: 15/11kW (VM5III) 18.5/15kW Maximum spindle torque 281.71N ･ m 461N ･ m: Standard for 15-/11-kW motor 347.44N ･ m 568N ･ m: Option for 18.5-/15-kW motor
3. Increased accessibility Distance from the front surface of guard to the spindle 850 mm (VM5III) 780 mm (Shorter by 70 mm) Height from the floor to the table 950 mm (VM5III) 920 mm (Lower by 30 mm) 780 mm 920 mm
4. Increased workability Larger working area (Type B, Type C) 1020 mm 510 mm (VM5III) 1050 mm 530 mm （ X axis: +30 mm / Y axis: +20 mm) Larger table dimensions (Type C) 1250 mm 560 mm (VM5III) 1260 mm 560 mm (Longitudinal travel: +10 mm) 1050 mm 560 mm for Type B Type A was abolished. Z axis: 510 mm Y Axis: 530 mm X Axis: 1050 mm Z Axis: 510 mm
No interference of the head with workpiece on the table Changed shape of the bottom surface of main body of the head.
5. Increased overall accuracy Reduced lead of ball screw X axis: 40 12 40 10 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 30 m/min.) Y axis: 40 12 40 10 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 30 m/min.) Z axis: 40 10 40 10 (Maintaining the rapid traverse rate of 20 m/min.) Making the pitch of the ball screw narrower by 20% increased the dynamic accuracy by 20%. Using scale software increased positioning accuracy. Making the pitch of the ball screw Narrower by 20% increased the traverse thrust force of the X and Y axes by 20%. FANUC: 5655N 6786N Mitsubishi: 6456N 7747N
Width: Narrower by 40 mm 2820 2780 Depth: Deeper by 10 mm 2970 2980 Height: Lower by 31 mm 2846 2815 Floor Space Maintenance Area
5-Axis Controlled Vertical Machining Center VC-X500
50 min-116.7 min-1 C axis rapid traverse rate 20 min-111 min-1 A axis rapid traverse rate 500 kg400 kg Max. loadable weight 500 mm380 mm Max. workpiece height 700 mm 630 mm Max. workpiece dia. -120 to +30 -105 to +30 A axis travel 610 mm460 mmZ axis travel 850 mm610 mmY axis travel 700 mm1120 mmX axis travel VC-X500VP600-5AXItem Enhanced Specifications
Items previously optional on VP600 now incorporated as standard Spindle taper (12R, Increased power, Big-plus) C axis scale Magazine with a capacity for 40 tools ATC shutter Coil conveyor
1. Increased accessibility 2. Large workpiece capacity 3. High feed rigidity 4. Magazines can be easily extended 5. Eco-friendliness 6. Rotation axis measurement function 7. Geometric error compensation function Features of VC-X500
1. Increased accessibility Installing the X axis (table travel axis) at right angles to the column achieved a significant increase in accessibility to the spindle and workpiece.
Distance from the front door to the center of table: 620 mm Distance from the front door to the center of spindle: 120 mm Distance from floor to the top surface of table: 1080 mm
2. Large workpiece capacity 700 by H500 mm Max. loadable weight: 500 kg (which is the highest level in the class) Suppressing the floor space to 3300 mm by 2450 mm. 2450 mm 3300 mm
3. High feed ridigity Upgraded feed system Roller guide: UP by nearly 20% Ball screw diameter: UP by nearly 36% (Compared with VP600-5AX) Ｘ軸Ｙ，Ｚ軸 X Axis Y,Z Axes
4. Easily extended magazines Chain-operated, self-standing magazine 40 tool capacity provided as standard The same floor space allows installing 2 magazines with a capacity for 60 tools Standard magazine with a capacity for 40 tools Floor space for the second stand magazine
5. Eco-friendliness Energy saving through use of LED lights as standard Energy saving by eco sleep function Switches to sleep mode when the machine remains on standby for a given period of time, turning OFF the servomotor, chip conveyor, etc. This reduces standby power consumption by nearly 54%.
6. Rotation axis measurement function Setting the measurement results to NC parameters Just need to install a reference sphere as shown in the guide diagram and then press the Cycle Start button. Use of a touch sensor makes it possible to make measurement of the axis of rotation of the table of 5-axis machine in an easy way and a short period of time. Effect: Providing higher accuracy for 5-axis indexing and higher grade for 5-axis simultaneous machining
7. Geometry error compensation function For machining with 5-axis machine, geometry errors (such as the tilt and displacement of the axis of rotation) significantly affect machining accuracy. X Y Z A C Correct direction of the center of axis Direction of the center of axis of actual machine Error in the direction of the center of A axis Error in the direction of the center of C axis Exhibit for reference
 Geometry error compensation function This function makes automatic measurement and compensation of geometry errors using a touch sensor. X Y Z A C Just installing a reference sphere in accordance with the guide diagram shown on the display, and then pressing the Cycle Start button can facilitate making measurement and setting it to the NC. Effect: Providing higher accuracy for 5-axis indexing and higher grade for 5-axis simultaneous machining Rotate the A and C axes to make measurement at several measure points. Calculate compensation parameters on the software side, and then set the results on the NC. X Y Z A C