Presentation on theme: "By: Julie Stadtmiller And Jamie Sine ED417-02. 1. State Symbols Students will make booklets containing the Ohio state seal, tree, bird, flag, and tree."— Presentation transcript:
1. State Symbols Students will make booklets containing the Ohio state seal, tree, bird, flag, and tree. 2. Field Trip Students will visit a famous Ohioian historical house where they will have the opportunity to read stories of living in the 1800’s.
3. Dunbar House Students will research and take a virtual tour of Dunbar House on the internet. We will then take a field trip to the house.
4. First Flight Students will read about the Wright Brothers and then create a renactment of their first flight. 5. Carriage Hill Metropark Students will visit the historical Carriage Hill Metropark.
Correlating web-sites for activities Correlating web-sites for activities: 1. ://www.orvillewright.com/ 2. ://www.dunbarhouse.com/ 3. www.ohiokids.org 4. www.logs.org 5. www.ohiohistory.org
1. Famous Ohioans Students will create a booklet of their favorite famous Ohioans. 2. Ohio Indian Tribes Students will label the location of Ohio Indian’s on an Ohio map.
3. Ohio’s German Influence Students will research the effects of the German Moravians on Ohio and take a field trip to Schoenbrunn Village. 4. My Community Students will identify their community on a map and wirte a brief history of their community. 5. Ohio Timeline Students will create a timeline of important events in Ohio.
1. Dress a Revolutionary War Era Figure Create time period costumes. 2. The Northwest Territory Alliance Students will learn about the Northwest Territory Alliance through a web activity.
3. Map Travel Routes on Waterways Students will map Ohio waterway travel routes. 4. Ohio’s History of Flight Students will create a timeline of Ohio’s impact on flight. 5. Ohio the Door to Peace Students will write about Dayton’s significance during the peace process.
1. Inventors Have students create an imaginative new product that they could share over the internet. 2 Wants, Goods, and/or Services 2 Wants, Goods, and/or Services. 3. Learn about the Federal Reserve System Have students research information on the Federal Reserve. 4. Field Trip Have students plan a trip to the bank, this will let the students experience the world of money and how it transfers hands.
5. Stock Market Have students choose an Ohio stock to invest in and watch it for a specific time period. An example may be students investing in gold. The students would keep track of their investments on a daily bases.
1. Design a State Flag Students will design their own state flag.
2. Write to a Member of Congress Students will write to a member of Congress about an issue that concerns them. 3. Ohio’s State Government Students will list and describe the branches of Ohio’s government.
1. Constitution Have students take the Ohio Constitution test. 2. Ohio Youth Issues Have students find out what the top youth issues are in Ohio. 3. Branches of Government Have students find out what the three branches of Ohio’s government are and describe each one. 4. News Have students keep up on what is happening in their community by reading local news articles.