Presentation on theme: "OUR TOWN WE! OUR SCHOOL. The town of Tarnowskie Góry is located in the Silesia Province and in 1999 was re-established as the seat of the district authorities."— Presentation transcript:
The town of Tarnowskie Góry is located in the Silesia Province and in 1999 was re-established as the seat of the district authorities. It has 64 thousand inhabitants and covers the area of 32.22 square miles (83,47 km 2 ). The town, located on the outer edge of the Upper- Silesian Industrial District, has a well developed road network and it’s only 9.3 miles (15 km) away from Pyrzowice International Airport.
Tourist attraction in our town: Historic Mine and ‘Black Trout’ Drift Historic Mine and ‘Black Trout’ Drift Sedlaczek House Sedlaczek House The Town Hall The Town Hall Evangelical-Augsburg Church Evangelical-Augsburg Church Free Miners' Bell Tower Free Miners' Bell Tower The Market Square Flagstone The Market Square Flagstone Arcade houses in the westernfrontage of the Market Square Arcade houses in the westernfrontage of the Market Square „Our town” menu
Has been accessed for visitors from 1957, is to be found on the south- west part of town. We have to climb down on foot by winding stairs and next to go by boats through the sector of about 600 m long and nearly 25 m deep, next we continue the underground travel along the water-gallery hollowed out in 1821- 1835. It remains unforgettable impresions. „attraction” menu next
Built in the 16th century, until 19th century it was the seat of Bytom’s district governor. In 1805 it was bought by Jan Sedlaczek and organised into a winery that still runs today. Concerts, ‘Evenings under Renaissance roof’ and other events are organised here, featuring prominent residents of Tarnowskie Góry involved in science, culture, and arts. next „attraction” menu
It was built between 1896-1898 in northern neo-Renaissance style combined with elements of Gothic. next „attraction” menu
Erected by the evangelical community in 1780, thanks to financial support of the Henckel, Larysz, Grust, Bohm and Schulz families. The church's tower features a clock fitted in 1787. In 1900 the church was rebuilt in Neo- Romanesque style. Inside, there are balconies characteristic of evangelical churches. next „attraction” menu
The beginnings of the bell tower go back to 16th century. A later one from 19th century was moved to the Free Miner's Square, it was put in place of the old miners' assembly house. The bell tower's wooden structure is set on limestone foundation. Under a shingled pavilion roof there is a shift-end bell. next „attraction” menu
At the western part of the Market Square there is a reminder of the old town wells, a manual wooden winch with a shingle roof dating back to the 50s of the 20th century. The 19th century cobblestones preserved around it remind us of the surface of the Market Square back in the 16th century. The rest of the area was transformed in 1960 and 1975. next „attraction” menu
Built in the second half of the 16th century they belonged to the richest middle-class citizens. „attraction” menu
In Tarnowskie Góry we have many form of entertainment like: pubs, restaurants, music clubs, aqua park and every year take place „Gwarki” – regional holiday.
On „Gwarki” all people from town gather on Market Square for celebrate and fun because then take place many concerts and competitions. Main menu
Our school is specified because it’s conduct by clergy. To this school are going health and disabled people together. Although many differents between our and „normal” school we are very proud of this school because we are learning tolerance here.
It’s a boarding-school, in one building we have 4 kinds of schools: gimnazjum, economic school, vocational school and high school.