2. A dangerous toxic condition that occurs when a person drinks a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time is called? A. Codependency. B. Alcoholism. C. Delirium Tremens (DTs). D. Alcoholic Poisoning. E. Binge Drinking.
6. Which two of these is true about alcohol traits? A. They cannot manage tension without drinking & they’re preoccupied in one way or another. B. Glassy eyes & odor on breath. C. Irritability & slow reflexes. D. Slurred speech & falling grades. E. Absences from school & changes in appearance.
7. What are the three phases that alcohol develops in? A. Dependence, abuse & addiction. B. Stress, short-term memory loss & blackouts. C. Abuse, dependence & addiction. D. Personal changes, physical & psychological dependence. E. Social drinking, relieve stress & depression.
10. Often, at this stage (1), the drinker makes excuses and tries to __his/her drinking __. A. See, problem. B. Get around, problem. C. Cover up, problem. D. Disguise, behavior. E. Rationalize, behavior.
16. What is delirium tremens (DTs)? A. Chronic alcoholism. B. Abstinence. C. Spousal and child abuse. D. A physical and psychological dependence on the drug ethanol. E. The dramatic physical and psychological effects of alcohol withdrawal.
17. What are some of the symptoms of DTs? A. Hot & cold flashes, severe tremors. B. Falls, drownings & burns. C. Sudden emotional or angry outbursts. D. Irritability, poor coordination & slurred speech. E. Jumpiness, sleeplessness & sweating.