We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byRandall Hescock
Modified about 1 year ago
VIP Vegetable & Pasta Bake
Ingredients: 1 x 15ml spoon oil, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 2 x 15ml spoons canned sweetcorn, 200g button mushrooms, 200g broccoli, 100g mangetout, 2 x 15ml spoons frozen peas, 200g canned red kidney beans, 100g dried macaroni or pasta shapes eg shells
1. To cook the pasta shapes, half fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add a little vegetable oil to stop the pasta sticking together.
2. Bring to the boil and then add pasta. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes until the pasta is ‘al dente’ – firm, without being hard. Whilst the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the vegetables.
3. Peel onion. Make a bridge with your hand and cut the onion in half. Put the flat sides down on the board.
4. Hold the onion firmly with your hand like a claw. Slice across without cutting through the root.
5. Turn the onion round and still holding it like a claw, slice in the other direction.
6. Wipe the button mushrooms on damp kitchen paper and slice.
7. The pasta should now be ready. Leave to drain in a colander or sieve.
8. Crush the garlic and chop the parsley. Break up the broccoli into florets, leave the mangetout whole, drain the kidney beans and sweetcorn. Measure out the frozen peas.
9. Put 1 x 15ml spoon corn oil into a large saucepan.
10. Add the onion and garlic to the pan.
11. Add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté (fry gently) for 3 or 4 minutes.
12. Add the broccoli and mangetout and continue to cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
13. Add the peas and sweetcorn.
14. Add the red kidney beans.
15. The vegetable mixture should now look something like this.
16. Mix the vegetables and pasta together in an oven-proof dish.
17. Make the white sauce by the all-in-one method. Use 600ml milk, 50g butter or margarine, 50g plain flour, 1 x 5ml mustard paste.
18. When cooked, stir in the soft cheese and chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
19. Pour the sauce over the vegetable and pasta mixture.
20. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake for 30 minutes at gas mark 5 / 190°C or, you can grill until golden brown.
21. Garnish and serve. Crusty bread or a mixed salad is a good accompaniment to this dish.
Fishy Pie. Ingredients:1 x 15ml spoon oil, 4 salad onions, 1 tomato, 100g frozen peas, 300g de-boned fish (egs plaice, cod, haddock, salmon, prawns),
Cool Coconut Rice ‘n’ Peas with Funky Plantain. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, a few drops of Tabasco (hot pepper sauce),
Luscious Lentil & Tomato Soup. Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable.
Top Potato Topped Pie. Ingredients for Cottage Pie: 2 sticks celery, 1 leek, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 25g frozen peas, 500g minced beef, 1 bay leaf, 1 x 5ml.
Monstrous Meatballs with Ragu Sauce & Spaghetti. Ingredients for the Ragu Sauce: 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 carrot, 1 celery, 1 bay leaf 400g can tomatoes,
Hot Harira. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, (500g lamb cubes – optional), 1 x 5ml spoon ground turmeric, 1 x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 x 5ml.
Spicy Samosas. Ingredients for samosas: filo or samosa pastry, 1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 x 15ml spoons frozen peas, 1 x 5ml spoon turmeric, ½ x 5ml.
Crown copyright 2008 Classic tomato ragu Session: 11.
Beany Burgers with Corn & Apple Relish. Relish ingredients: 1/2 a red pepper and 1/2 a green pepper, deseeded and finely diced, 2 salad onions, 1 diced.
Crown copyright 2008 Macaroni cheese Session: 9.
Chick Pea Curry. Ingredients:1 red onion, 100g mushrooms, 1 clove garlic, 1 sweet potato, 100g spinach, 1 x 240g can chickpeas, 50g cashew nuts, 2 x 15ml.
The following recipes are Low fat recipes.. Swiss Roll: Fatless sponge Ingredients: 2 Eggs 50g Caster Sugar 50g Self Raising Flour 2-3 tbsp Jam Extra.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/lifeskills fruit smoothie.
Cornish Pasty & Vegetable Pasty. The first stage: Make a quantity of shortcrust pastry with 225g plain flour, 115g fat (mixture of white fat and margarine)
Mix and Match Salads. Getting started We are going to start by cooking 4 ingredients, each of which could be used as the basis of a salad. They are:
Springy Spring Rolls, Spicy Samosas & Wondrous Wraps.
Creamy Carrot & Orange Soup. Ingredients:1 x 15ml spoon sunflower oil, 600 ml water, 1 x vegetable stock cube or 1 x 5ml spoon bouillon powder, 1 onion,1.
Crown copyright 2007 Shepherd’s pie Session: 16.
Pronto Pasta Salad This Pasta salad is made using: 100g Cooked pasta shapes Finely chopped red onion Diced red pepper Handful of black olives Finely chopped.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/lifeskills tomato, bean and pasta soup.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Fish Pie.
Spaghetti and Tomato. We will learn to cook pasta correctly and identify when it is ready. We will learn to make a simple tomato sauce which will help.
Some Recipes Spaghetti alla carbona… Pancake… Borsch… Breaded Escalope Struffoli Napoletani… Piadina… Crepes…
Macaroni Cheese Ingredients 75g macaroni 1x 2.5 ml spoon salt 25g margarine 25g plain flour 200 mls milk 50g cheese seasoning.
Year 7 Food Technology Recipe Booklet Food & cooking module Name: Tutor: Teacher:Group:
Healthy Eating Yr7 Recipes. Fruit Salad Ingredients 1 apple 1 orange ½ pineapple ring 100ml fruit juice Method 1.Pour the fruit juice into a small bowl.
1 Soup Soups can be thin and clear, thickened or so full of meat, vegetables, pasta or rice that it almost qualifies as a solid food and makes a really.
Potato pancakes Ingredients: 10 big potatoes 1 onion 5-6 spoons of flour 1 egg some salt, some pepper oil.
British Turkey Recipes Teacher: Uchevatova V.V.. Roast Turkey With Parsley And Lemon Stuffing 25 g (1 oz) butter 2 medium onions, skinned and finely chopped.
Crown copyright 2007 Spaghetti bolognese Session: 16.
Colour My World Comenius Project How to cook Greek Moussaka.
Very Veggie Kebabs. Make the yogurt dressing first: 75ml fresh coriander, parsley and basil (or other fresh herbs) 200ml crème fraiche or natural yogurt,
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Spaghetti Bolognese.
Crown copyright 2008 Quick ‘V’ lasagne Session: 16.
Fruit Salad Ingredients: 125mls orange juice or freshly squeezed orange juice 1 orange 1 apple 1 banana small quantities of one or two other fruits you.
Healthy Eating Yr8 Recipes.
Parts of a Recipe. Name of Recipe Parts of a Recipe Temperature.
Cabbage with mushrooms and cranberries Michał Porębski Kl.Va.
Crown copyright 2008 Herby veggie crumble Session: 6.
Crown copyright 2007 Scone based pizza Session: 7.
Bacon and French Ice cream Cake and Bread and Macaroni and chips Hamburger and eggs cheese JellyFish and Peanut butter and fries butter.
Crown copyright 2008 Savoury rice Session: 14.
Q. Flour is used extensively in the cooking of a range of dishes. Name the type of flour used for each of the following. Bread rollsStrong plain flour.
Spicy Tomato Soup Ingredients 1 onion 500ml water 1 carrot 1 stock cube 1 potato ½ x 5ml spoon dried chilli flakes 1 x can chopped tomatoes (400g) 1 x.
1 Breadalbane Academy Recipe book 1st year. Fritatta Skills : Cracking egg/ mixing /chopping/grilling/frying 1 Egg ¼ onion 50g cheese Method Crack egg.
Cooking with David, Benita, Krishna & Sunanda Sunday, June : 1-4 p.m.
© Crown copyright 2008www.licencetocook.org.uk Minestrone Soup Session: 4.
Indian recipes Here are some Indian food you might like. By Olivia & Moncef.
Fruity Flapjack Ingredients 80g soft brown sugar 100g butter or margarine 250g cheap porridge oats 1 banana or 1 apple or handful of dried apricots /cranberries.
Fruit Salad Ingredients 1 apple 1 orange 1 pear 1 banana A small carton of fruit juice Equipment Mixing bowl Vegetable knife Chopping board Apple corer.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.