We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byRandall Hescock
Modified over 8 years ago
VIP Vegetable & Pasta Bake
Ingredients: 1 x 15ml spoon oil, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 2 x 15ml spoons canned sweetcorn, 200g button mushrooms, 200g broccoli, 100g mangetout, 2 x 15ml spoons frozen peas, 200g canned red kidney beans, 100g dried macaroni or pasta shapes eg shells
1. To cook the pasta shapes, half fill a large saucepan with cold water. Add a little vegetable oil to stop the pasta sticking together.
2. Bring to the boil and then add pasta. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes until the pasta is ‘al dente’ – firm, without being hard. Whilst the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the vegetables.
3. Peel onion. Make a bridge with your hand and cut the onion in half. Put the flat sides down on the board.
4. Hold the onion firmly with your hand like a claw. Slice across without cutting through the root.
5. Turn the onion round and still holding it like a claw, slice in the other direction.
6. Wipe the button mushrooms on damp kitchen paper and slice.
7. The pasta should now be ready. Leave to drain in a colander or sieve.
8. Crush the garlic and chop the parsley. Break up the broccoli into florets, leave the mangetout whole, drain the kidney beans and sweetcorn. Measure out the frozen peas.
9. Put 1 x 15ml spoon corn oil into a large saucepan.
10. Add the onion and garlic to the pan.
11. Add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté (fry gently) for 3 or 4 minutes.
12. Add the broccoli and mangetout and continue to cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
13. Add the peas and sweetcorn.
14. Add the red kidney beans.
15. The vegetable mixture should now look something like this.
16. Mix the vegetables and pasta together in an oven-proof dish.
17. Make the white sauce by the all-in-one method. Use 600ml milk, 50g butter or margarine, 50g plain flour, 1 x 5ml mustard paste.
18. When cooked, stir in the soft cheese and chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
19. Pour the sauce over the vegetable and pasta mixture.
20. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake for 30 minutes at gas mark 5 / 190°C or, you can grill until golden brown.
21. Garnish and serve. Crusty bread or a mixed salad is a good accompaniment to this dish.
Healthy Eating Yr7 Recipes. Fruit Salad Ingredients 1 apple 1 orange ½ pineapple ring 100ml fruit juice Method 1.Pour the fruit juice into a small bowl.
Healthy Eating Yr8 Recipes.
Parts of a Recipe.
Top Potato Topped Pie. Ingredients for Cottage Pie: 2 sticks celery, 1 leek, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 25g frozen peas, 500g minced beef, 1 bay leaf, 1 x 5ml.
Cool Coconut Rice ‘n’ Peas with Funky Plantain. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, a few drops of Tabasco (hot pepper sauce),
Crown copyright 2008 Savoury rice Session: 14.
Beany Burgers with Corn & Apple Relish. Relish ingredients: 1/2 a red pepper and 1/2 a green pepper, deseeded and finely diced, 2 salad onions, 1 diced.
Springy Spring Rolls, Spicy Samosas & Wondrous Wraps.
Cornish Pasty & Vegetable Pasty. The first stage: Make a quantity of shortcrust pastry with 225g plain flour, 115g fat (mixture of white fat and margarine)
Some Recipes Spaghetti alla carbona… Pancake… Borsch… Breaded Escalope Struffoli Napoletani… Piadina… Crepes…
Fruit Salad Ingredients: 125mls orange juice or freshly squeezed orange juice 1 orange 1 apple 1 banana small quantities of one or two other fruits you.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Spaghetti Bolognese.
Cooking with David, Benita, Krishna & Sunanda Sunday, June : 1-4 p.m.
Crown copyright 2008 Macaroni cheese Session: 9.
Luscious Lentil & Tomato Soup. Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable.
Indian recipes Here are some Indian food you might like. By Olivia & Moncef.
Spicy Tomato Soup Ingredients 1 onion 500ml water 1 carrot 1 stock cube 1 potato ½ x 5ml spoon dried chilli flakes 1 x can chopped tomatoes (400g) 1 x.
Potato pancakes Ingredients: 10 big potatoes 1 onion 5-6 spoons of flour 1 egg some salt, some pepper oil.
1 Breadalbane Academy Recipe book 1st year. Fritatta Skills : Cracking egg/ mixing /chopping/grilling/frying 1 Egg ¼ onion 50g cheese Method Crack egg.
Crown copyright 2008 Classic tomato ragu Session: 11.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.