Presentation on theme: "Luscious Lentil & Tomato Soup. Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable."— Presentation transcript:
Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable stock cube or 1 x 5ml spoon bouillon powder, 1 diced onion, 1 clove crushed or chopped garlic, 1 diced carrot, 1 medium diced potato, 1 x 15ml spoon sunflower oil, 2 x 15ml spoon lemon juice, 1 x 5ml spoon ground cumin, ground black pepper to season
13. Dissolve the stock cube or bouillion powder in 500ml of boiling water and add this to the pan.
14. Give the mixture a stir and bring to the boil.
15. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes.
16. Whilst the soup is cooking, make some croutons. Cut a slice of ciabatta into 1cm cubes. Put 2 x 15ml spoons of pesto into a bowl with 1 x 15ml spoon of olive oil. Coat the cubes in the pesto mixture.
17. Spread the cubes on a baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes on gas mark 5 / 190°C until crisp and brown.