3Oral Bagrut Practice 1. Personal Interview 2. About your Project 3. Bagrut is 10 minutes long.
41. Personal Interview This part of the Bagrut is about 3 – 4 minutes. Your teacher will ask you questions.You will answer in sentences (not a word or two)Let’s practice answering questions.
52. How old are you? 1. What’s your name? My name is ______________ ______________2. How old are you?I am ________ years old.
63. Where do you live?I live on Kibbutz/ Moshav ___________________I live in ____________ (city)4. Do you like the kibbutz / moshav/city? Why? Do you think you would like to live there when you are older?Yes, I like it. I like ________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
75. What do you like to do in your spare time? What are your hobbies? I like _________________________________6. Do you have a family? Do you want to tell me about them?Yes, I have a family. My parents are _______ and____________. My father works _____ My mother works____. I have __sister/s and __brother/s. _____ is _ years old and _____ is __ years old. They ____________________.
87. Do you work? If so, tell me about your work. I work _________________________________8. What do you think about school? What are your favourite subjects?I like / don’t like school. My favourite subjects are: ______________ and ________________.I like them because _______________________
910. What about the army? Are you planning to serve? Do you know where? 9. Do you have advice to give someone who is coming to Nofei Habsor? How can they survive?I think they should ________________________10. What about the army? Are you planning to serve? Do you know where?Yes, I’m planning to serve in the army. I am going to be in the _____________ Unit.No, I’m not going to the Army. I’m going to_______________________________________.
1011. What do you plan to do after the Army? Do you know? I am going to ____________________________12. What do you think is the biggest issue here in Israel?I think that ______________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
111. About your Project This part of the Bagrut is about 6 minutes. Your teacher will ask you to talk about your project.You will talk for about 2 minutes.Then, she will ask you questions and you will answer them in sentences.Let’s practice!
12What is the topic of your project? My project is about Making a Difference.Can you tell me something about what you did?
13Can you tell me something about what you did? I studied things about _________________.First, I made an I.D. card.He was born on __________in___________________He is/was a ______________________1.2.
14He is famous because _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
15I liked learning that _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
16The best thing about the project was ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
17I want to tell you about __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
18Did you enjoy doing the project? Yes I enjoyed doing it because ______________________________No, I didn’t enjoy doing it because ________________________________
19What was the most interesting part? The most interesting part was ____________________________________________________________
20What was the hardest part? The hardest part was ____________________________________________________________
21Do you think that the topic was interesting? Yes / No because ____________________________________________________________
22Do you think that your English improved from doing the project? Yes / No. My English ____________________________________________________________
23Do you think that other kids would enjoy doing this project? Yes / No, because ____________________________________________________________
24If you had to do another project, would you do something different? Yes / No, because ____________________________________________________________
25Do you think that doing projects, in general, is a good idea? Yes / No, because ____________________________________________________________
26Is there anything else you would like to add? Yes , __________________________ ____________________________________________________________
27(40 points) The Interview Marking Rubric for Interview(40 points) The InterviewPointsAccuracyCommunicative Ability201.Mostly correct use of simple language structures2.Varied vocabulary3.Comprehensible pronunciation1.Understands questions with some rephrasing2.Interacts without much hesitation3.Gives answers with more than 1 sentence16121.Some correct use of simple language structures2.Basic vocabulary3.Mostly comprehensible pronunciation1.Has difficulty understanding questions; requires frequent repetition & rephrasing2.Interacts with difficulty3.Gives single-sentence answers841.Incorrect use of simple language structures2.Limited vocabulary3.Poor pronunciation1.Does not understand questions2.Does not interact3.Gives simple phrases and/or single-word answers
28Project Presentation and Interaction (60 points) PtsProject InteractionAcccuracyProject Presentation201.Understands questions with some rephrasing2.Gives answers that are more than one sentence3.Gives clear explanations1.Mostly correct use of simple language structures2.Vocabulary is topic-related and varied3.Comprehensible pronunciation1.Presentation is well-organized. Includes: intro, summary of main ideas and conclusion.2.Presentation is adequate & detailed (talks for about 2 mins)3. Personal perspective is included4.Presentation is spoken rather than read from notes16121.Has difficulty understanding questions2.Gives single-sentence answers3.Gives clear explanations some of the time1.Some correct use of simple language structures2.Vocabulary is topic-related but basic3.Mostly comprehensible pronunciation1.Presentation is organized but lacks 1 element2.Presentation is adequate but not detailed (talks for about 1 min)3.Personal perspective is hardly related to4. Presentation is mostly spoken rather than read from notes841.Does not understand questions2.Gives simple phrases and/or single-word answers3. Gives unclear or no explanations1.Incorrect use of simple language structures2.Vocabulary is general and limited3.Incomprehensible pronunciation.1.Presentation is disorganized2.Presentation is short (less than 1 min)3.Personal perspective is not included4.Presentation is read from notes