Presentation on theme: "Training interpreter rooms. 1.1. Switching on the Teacher Unit Log on to the PC and school network. To log on, press “Control, Alt, Delete” simultaneously."— Presentation transcript:
Training interpreter rooms
1.1. Switching on the Teacher Unit Log on to the PC and school network. To log on, press “Control, Alt, Delete” simultaneously to bring up the Login prompt. Then, log on using your own username and password. When the teacher has logged on, a grey box called ‘AVIDAnet® client’ login window pops up and the teacher must click OK. This will log them into the AVIDAnet® laboratory. Switch on the pc and the AD convertor.
1.2. Switching on the Teacher Unit You will see that teacher mic becomes active in source menu and logged on successfully Windows desktopAvidanet management interface (TCC)
2. Switching on the Student Unit When the student has logged on his pc he clicks on AVIDAnet to log in to the AVIDAnet network A grey box called ‘AVIDAnet client’ login window pops up. The student must click OK. This will log them into the AVIDAnet laboratory. The student can also log in into another room. He selects the room and clicks OK
3.1. Student AVIDAnet client Station number Folder where all the documents sent by the teacher are saved Microphone Volume Headphone volume Call teacher button Phone Activity. Only activated when the teacher creates a phone group. Student’s name
3.2. Student AVIDAnet client To retrieve the recordings the student clicks on ‘Stream Dir’. This will open the folder below.
4.1. Send conference table to students in copy Select ‘Aux1 Conference table as source – drag and drop it into the group bar Click copy and OK
4.2. Send conference table to students in copy Activate the transmission to the students By clicking on the black arrow in the left corner Start the conference In the booths the students translate while the whole conference and the translation are recorded simultaneously.
5.1. Sending audio file to students Select the pc as a source – drag and drop it into the group bar
5.2. Sending audio files to students The following window appears. Select mode active and OK if you do not want to record the audiofile but only the translation. PC teacher is ready to be send in active mode.
On the right menu click Launch Application in the menu Remote Control Sending audio files to students Click VACS Select your file Give session nameSelect create new file Select record mode Launch recorders
5.4. Sending audio files to students Activate the transmission to the students By clicking on the black arrow in the left corner Activate your audiofile on your pc
On the right menu click Launch Application in the menu Remote Control Activating You Tube + record translation Click VACS Select your file Give session nameSelect create new file Select record mode Launch recorders
6.2. Activating You Tube + record translation In the same menu click URL Type or copy the You Tube address Click launch and OK
7.1. Virtual recorder VACS Blanks creation (teacher function) Subtitles creation Open an audio or a video file Save an audio file File name Add bookmarks Remove bookmarks Student volume Document/ Source volume StopRecordPlay Create an audio file When the record button is red, click on it to record your voice.
7.2. Virtual recorder VACS and MP3 The Vacs is used with decompression and recompression to or from MP3. This means you can only record in Wave. When you want to open an MP3 file with the VACS you will get a Windows Error message 33. This means the the file is locked and that recording is not possible in this file. A temporary solution is using a MP3/Wave convertor. Next version of the VACS will allow to save and to record MP3.
8. Logging-off the lab To log off the student stations and the teacher station, click on File (at the left top of the interface), then on Exit and Log off. This is a useful time saving funtion, but remember to ask students to save their work before activating this function The student stations can be switched off either manually by the students or automatically by the teacher using the TCC. To switch off all the computers of the lab including the student stations and the teacher station, click on File (at the left top of the TCC interface), then on Exit and Shutdown.
9. Delegate units Channel selector Volume Channel selector Left ear Booth / floor Right ear Booth / floor
Input audio/listen Output audio Technical assistance Interpreter unit – 3 parts
Headphone Volume control, bass and treble Control monitor floor or relay Loudspeaker Volume control Output channel selection on the loudspeaker, floor or relay Interpreter unit – 1 st part: input audio/listen
–The interpreter can select the language he wants to hear –The interpreter can individually put the relays (5) on the channel he wants –To change relay, push simultaneaously one relay button and the up/down buttons Floor Interpreter unit – 1 st part: input audio/listen floor or relay
Microphone On/Off Mute Output channels Channel A - fix Channel B – free to select Interpreter unit – 2 nd part: audio output to the room
40 cm Interpreter unit Distance between microphone and mouth Note: in conference mode only, the student will not hear himself. In Tenjin mode he will hear himself simultaneously. By clicking ‘mute’ on the client he can mute his microphone.
11. Volumes students If the student microphone level is set low the teacher will not hear him clearly. Depending on the source he might change his ‘Head’ volume Volumesettings for after recording Volume for conferencing
12. Volumes teacher Volumesettings teacher Volumesettings source (DVD) Volumesettings left earcap for the channels floor +23 Volumesettings right earcap for the channels floor +23
13. Microphone teacher For AVIDAnet Tenjin the microphone of the teacher is always on. Also when the light ring is not on (intercom). For conferencing the microphone button has to be activated. Important notice: while sending a source such as audio file and DVD do not switch on microphone as student will not hear the source anymore.