Presentation on theme: "Project. What is your idea of happiness? Question 1:"— Presentation transcript:
What is your idea of happiness? Question 1:
1.Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. 2.The basic of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. 3.There is only one happiness in life: to love and to be loved. 4.Happiness is not just the possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement.
Teenagers Young people Football players children Old couple
According to you, what is the happiest time of a persons life? Why? Question 2:
Skimming 1. What are these two essays about? 2. Are the two writers old or young? How do you know that? Reading
For the first essay: 1. Why does the writer think those days were happy? 2. What does the writer think young people can do while old people cant? Scanning
1. Why does the writer think those days were happy? He didnt have any worries in life and could spend all day outside with his friends playing in the sunshine. His parents took care of everything important. All he had to do was go to school and spend a few hours studying after school. At weekends he could see friends, visit his grandparents, read books and play sport. He didnt need to think about problems at work or worry about income or how to take care of a family. In a word, he could fully enjoy adolescence.
2. What does the writer think young people can do while old people cant? Young people are healthy, so they can stay happy and cheerful. They never seem tired and feel like they can do anything. When people get old, their bodies ache. Old people get tired easily and must be very careful not to hurt themselves.
For the second essay: 1. Why does the writer think that her happiest days will be in the future? 2. What does the writer think an adult can do while a teenager cant ? 3. Why does the writer think it is nice to think the happiest days are still ahead of them? Scanning
1. Why does the writer think that her happiest days will be in the future? She sees herself successful in her job and surrounded by her family. In the future, people will be healthier and live longer because of new technology.
2. What does the writer think an adult can do while a teenager cant ? An adult can make his or her own decisions and do things he or she enjoys. He or she can have a job that he or she likes and finds happiness in being successful at it. Teenagers have to work hard at school and should always be doing or learning things and they dont have time to relax.
3. Why does the writer think it is nice to think the happiest days are still ahead of them? It gives the writer the motivation to work hard now.
TeenagersAdults AdvantagesDisadvantagesAdvantagesDisadvantages Fill in the table according to the two essays and decide which age group is happier: Young Energetic Creative Friendship Free from worries Good health Love and care from … Much homework Little freedom little spare time Lack of experience and patience More freedom More entertainment Success in jobs Ability to make decisions and money More worries (family income and job) Less friendship Poor health
Secrets to happiness!
ready to help others
harmony with others
learn to share
maintain high confidence
Money is something, but its not everything
Happiness isn't about what happens to us; it is about how we perceive what happens to us. It's the knack of finding a positive for every negative, and viewing a setback as a challenge. It's not wishing for what we don't have, but enjoying what we do possess. Words of Wisdom:
Everyone has their own definition of happiness. It may be different from others. Keep what is happiness in your mind as your own image and to enjoy your own happy life. Life is not what other people think. It is your inside feeling.
If we want to stay happy, …… because ………… because …………
Write an essay about your idea of happiness so that we can make a happiness handbook during the next period. Homework