Correct behaviour online So what is correct behaviour online?
1. Don’t be a cyber bully Cyber bullying is sending or posting harmful (que hace daño) or mean (cruel) text or images using the Internet Imagine you are speaking to the person face to face (cara a cara) Never attack or insult, be respectful of other people on the internet Do you know a cyber bully? Tell someone!
2. Don’t post any photos of yourself, friends or family online without permission * Don’t post pictures on our Wiki of yourself, classmates, friends etc. (with or without permission!)
3. Write private information in a private place for e.g. your diary or journal don’t write it for the world to see…
4. Don’t use offensive language. No swear words (palabrotas) ******!
5. Don't use all CAPS when you're emailing or posting something. All CAPS is a form of internet shouting.
Remember everything you post online is public Be careful about what you put on the internet. When you post things online, you create a cyber fingerprint. It’s on there forever (even if you delete things, they can find you)
The Internet is a great thing… if we use it correctly! Remember… Our Wiki is not for chatting to friends It is for: Sharing our ideas, opinions and likes Asking/answering questions Consulting information Communicating with the teacher Showing our fantastic work… in English !
Remember: Our Wiki is part of your continuous assessment each term. If you don’t have good netiquette you can’t use the wiki and you won’t have the opportunity to improve your mark. Your teacher receives notifications of any changes There will also be 2 wiki monitors from each class every week