Presentation on theme: "1 The Barefoot Revolution Helping you understand the benefits of re-connecting with the earth."— Presentation transcript:
1 The Barefoot Revolution Helping you understand the benefits of re-connecting with the earth
In the beginning, humans walked barefoot on the earth… 2
3 Today, we wear plastic-soled shoes that insulate our bodies from the earth.
4 In fact, most of us live totally insulated from the earthin high-rise dwellings and work places.
5 Does the loss of contact with the earth have any effects on the human body?
7 The earths surface is continually charged with free electrons.
8 When you stand barefoot on the earth, your body receives these free electrons. But not when you wear insulated shoes or when you are otherwise disconnected from the earth!
9 Since the functions of the body are electrical in nature…
10 …the loss of conductive contact with the earth can have an adverse effect on the human body.
Research has identified the role the earth plays in supporting many of our biological functions. 11
12 This research has lead to the development of a concept called Earthing TM a simple and effective way to re- connect the human body with the earth while in the comfort of our own homes and work places. Prototype product shown
Earthing TM allows the mobile free electrons and other natural influences from the earthan integral part of lifes evolutionary processto flow to our bodies as nature intended. It is substantially the same as standing barefoot on the earth. 13
1. Improve energy 2. Enhance recovery 3. Improve sleep 4. Relieve muscle tension 5. Reduce stress 6. Restore normal biological rhythms Preliminary research reveals that Earthing TM can:
1. Earthing TM can Improve Energy One of the first things many people notice when they re-connect with the earth is an improvement in overall energy. Heres what three-time Ironman Triathlon Champion, Chris Lieto, has to say about Earthing TM : Since I began using the Barefoot Connections bed sheets and Athletic Recovery Bag, my recovery time is noticeably reduced; I require about an hour less sleep at night and I wake up more energized and refreshed.
In 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007, Barefoot Connections TM products were used during the Tour de France. The following outcomes were observed: >Wound healing and recovery from injury were accelerated. >Consistency of performance was improved. >Tendonitis was virtually eliminated. >Sleep was universally improved. 2. Earthing TM can Enhance Recovery
3. Earthing TM can Improve Sleep In a preliminary sleep study using the Barefoot Connections TM Bed Pad: >85% fell asleep faster >93% reported better quality sleep >100% felt more rested >82% reported a reduction in muscle stiffness * The ESD Journal, http://www.esdjournal.com/articles/cober/bio.htm Product shown is a prototype
4. Earthing TM can Relieve Muscle Tension Further research revealed: Earthing TM normalized muscle tension – instantly* *Chevalier, G., Mori, K. and Oschman, J. The effect of earthing (grounding) on human physiology, European Biology and Bioelectromagnetics, 31/01/2006 pp. 600-621.
5. Earthing TM can Reduce Stress Cortisol is an indicator of stress Normal cortisol levels are high in the morning & lower in the evening as we rest
5. Earthing TM can Reduce Stress * Ghaly, & Teplitz The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain and stress. Journal of Alternative & complemetary Medicine 2004 vol.10, No.5 767-776. Connecting to the earth during sleep normalized the cortisol cycle an indication of enhanced ability to cope with stress.*
6.Earthing TM can Restore Normal Biological Rhythms The earth has its own pulse… …a cyclic flow of frequencies and rhythms.
6.Earthing TM can Restore Normal Biological Rhythms >Our delicate bio-electrical systems are finely tuned to the cyclic frequencies of the earth. >In a study conducted at the Max Planck Institute for Behavioral Physiology, the circadian rhythms of healthy volunteers lost normal synchronicity during isolation from the frequencies of the earth. >Brief re-connection returned normal synchronicity.* *Wever, R. Autonomous circadian rhythms in man, Naturwissenschaften, Sept.1975, Vol. 62 No. 9.
6.Earthing TM can Restore Normal Biological Rhythms In a preliminary study, use of the Barefoot Connections TM Bed Pad normalized cortisol rhythms* BEFORE AFTER * Ghaly, & Teplitz, The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain and stress. Journal of Alternative & Complemetary Medicine, 2004, Vol.10, No.5. pp. 767-776.
Earthing TM may also be our best source of antioxidants In a recent review published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine it has been suggested that the earth is a major source of antioxidants.* *Oschman, James L., Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? – A Review and Commentary, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2007, Vol. 13, No. 9 pp. 955-967. A
Earthing TM may also be our best source of antioxidants >Are volatile molecules >Are missing an electron (unstable) >Grab electrons from other molecules to become stable Antioxidants neutralize free radicals. Free radicals:
Earthing TM may also be our best source of antioxidants >When a free radical takes an electron from a molecule, that molecule becomes a free radical. >The new free radical steals an electron from another molecule. >This destroys bacteria by literally ripping apart cellular structures. It also breaks down damaged tissues for removal from the body. Free radicals are an important part of the immune response. They eliminate bacteria by causing a chain reaction.
Earthing TM may also be our best source of antioxidants But… >If the chain reaction is not stopped (neutralized by antioxidants) when the threat is over, free radicals continue to break down healthy tissues. >The destruction of healthy tissue causes more free radicals to be released and the cycle escalates causing inflammation and numerous other problems.
Earthing TM may also be our best source of antioxidants The destructive cycle of free radical damage is a known cause of inflammation. As a source of antioxidants, the earth neutralizes free radical damage and reduces inflammation.
Medical Thermographic Case studies show: Earthing TM reduces inflammation BeforeAfter Note the reduction of inflammation just 30 minutes after connecting with the earth.* *From Case studies conducted by William Amalu, DC, DABCT, FIACT Red and orange colors indicate excessively hot (inflammed) areas.
After 18 years of chronic pain, this woman completed a half-marathon just 6 months from the time she began Earthing TM treatments. Medical Thermographic Case studies show: Earthing TM reduces inflammation BeforeAfter Thermal imaging reveals significant inflammation (left) and a return to near normal (right) after only 6 days of Earthing TM.* *From Case studies conducted by William Amalu, DC, DABCT, FIACT Red and orange colors indicate excessively hot (inflammed) areas.
Forensic photography shows: After 2 weeks of being connected with the earth during sleep* *From Case studies conducted by William Amalu, DC, DABCT, FIACT 8-month-old wound
Other research documents: Left brain hemisphere quiets and brain waves synchronize* 32 *Chevalier, G., Mori, K. and Oschman, J. The effect of earthing (grounding) on human physiology, European Biology and Bioelectromagnetics, 31/01/2006 pp. 600-621.
33 Following their research, the California Institute for Human Science concluded:* Changes in brain waves, muscle electrical potential, and blood volume pulse suggest reductions in overall stress levels and a shift in autonomic balance. * Chevalier, G.Mori, K and Oschman, J. The effect of earthing (grounding) on human physiology. European Biology and Bioelectromagnetics 31/02/2006 p.600-621.
34 When standing barefoot on the earth is impractical, anyone can literally be re-connected to the earth by utilizing the electrical ground system present in most modern homes.
How Earthing TM works... 1. With the installation of modern electrical systems, a ground rod is routinely placed in the earth. Each outlet is ultimately connected to the ground rod. Electrons on the surface of the earth ground rod
2. By plugging into the grounded outlet, via the Earth Tap, a pathway is created for the flow of electrons and natural frequencies from the earth. Earth Tap
3. The flow of electrons and other frequencies from the earth are brought indoors.
Currently available Barefoot Connections TM prototype products include the Bed Pad... Prototype product shown
Sheet Sets... Prototype product shown
..and Travel Recovery Bag Prototype product shown
Prototypes are composed of a 50/50 cotton polyester blend sheeting fabric; embedded antimicrobial silver yarn woven into a grid pattern creates a conductive surface plane. Photos show close-up views of the integrity of the fabric before and after 100 wash cycles.
42 In review: The earths surface is continually charged with free electrons. Connecting with these electrons and natural frequencies on the surface of the earth is called Earthing TM.
43 Earthing TM is vital to our well-being. In preliminary studies, it has been found to: 1.Improve energy 2.Enhance recovery 3.Improve sleep 4.Relieve muscle tension 5.Reduce stress 6.Restore normal biological rhythms
Barefoot Connections TM prototype products are designed to help you re-connect with the earth when doing so is impractical. The use of Barefoot Connections TM products is substantially the same as standing barefoot on the earth.
45 Join the Barefoot Revolution Its time to re-connect with the earth and enhance your well-being!
The Barefoot Revolution 46 Helping you understand the benefits of re-connecting with the earth