Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byPaul Gaines Modified over 7 years ago
* What is global warming? * Global warming is when the earth heats up.( which is when temperature rises.) * That happens when the green house gasses trap heat & light from the sun in the earth’s atmosphere. * This hurts many people, animals & plants. * Some cannot take the change so they die.
* examples of using energy and polluting the air are: * Turning on lights * Watching TV * Listening to a stereo * Washing or drying clothes * Riding in a car * Ex.
* Some things people do to stop global warming is carpooling. * Carpooling is when you drive with someone (or a group of people) to a place that you are both/all going to. * Some people walk, take busses or ride bikes. * Another thing is that they turn off everything that they are not using. ( lights, TV's & computers.) * Also planting trees & recycling. ( when you recycle less trash ends up in land fills.)
* “Global warming is predicted to have a large effect on temperatures and weather patterns.” * That also has a impact on human health.( heat waves, heat stress, death.) * ( mental illness, cancers.)
* S.T.E is a group we made to help stop global warming we are asking for volunteers. * S.T.E means Save The Earth. * We are planting trees & Help With recycling. * We are also Trying to raise up money for windmills. * Why are we raising up money for windmills? * Windmills save energy. * How do they save energy?: as the wind blows against the blades of the windmill energy is transferred into a shaft, that shaft will then eventually rotate an electrical generator, that generator convert the kinetic energy into power which can be transferred into your home.
Some Of the Things we are going to do is: 1.)Fun raisers 2.) Raffles 3.) Ex.
* Why Would Polar Bears Be Affected By Global Warming? * Polar bears use the sea ice to hunt down their main prey seals. * “Without the sea ice there range is severely reduced.” * “the polar bears must live on land until the Bay freezes in the fall, whereupon they can again hunt on the ice. While on land during the summer, these bears eat little or nothing.” * Global warming takes away time for the polar bears to hunt the baby seals. * Because of that the ice is melted && the bears have to keep swimming until they find land. If the polar bears Get tired of swimming they drown. * http://www.thewildclassroom.com http://www.thewildclassroom.com * http://www.nwf.org/Global-Warming/Effects-on-Wildlife-and- Habitat/Polar-Bears.aspx
1.)There will be less ice within the next 20 years. “Due to rapid acceleration of sea ice loss from global warming.”
* “We need to seriously think about about climate change – its causes and consequences – and figure out what to do on a day-to-day basis to slow it down or, better yet, reverse its effects.” * The waterways surrounding the North Pole will be free and clear – the Earth will lose its “Sea Ice” as seen from space. * ( http://www.terracurve.com/2009/10/15/what- will-the-arctic-look-like-in-20-years-due-to-global- warming/ )http://www.terracurve.com/2009/10/15/what- will-the-arctic-look-like-in-20-years-due-to-global- warming/
* http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215471/globa l_warming.htm
* “Environment Global Warming and Greenhouse Effect.” World Almanac 2000. Mahwah: World Almanac Books, 2000. * EPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency). Global Warming Kids Site. http://www.epa.gov/globalwarming/kids. Last visited: December 2001. * National Geographic. Is Bleaching Coral’s Way of Making the Best of a Bad Situation? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/07/ * 0725_coralbleaching.html. Last visited: December 2001. * Power Scorecard. Electricity and the Environment. http://powerscorecard.org/elec_env.cfm. Last visited: January 2002. * EPA. The Plain English Guide To The Clean Air Act. http://www.epa.gov/oar/oaqps/peg_caa/pegcaain.html. Last visited: January 2002. * “Sun.” World Book Encyclopedia, 1978.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.