We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCatherine O’Connor’
Modified over 6 years ago
WEEK20 PHYSICAL SCIENCE VOCABULARY
1) THERMAL ENERGY Total amount of energy in all of the particles contained in a sample of matter.
2) TEMPERATURE Measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in a sample of matter.
3) HEAT The transfer of thermal energy between two objects at different temperatures.
4) CONDUCTION The transfer of heat by direct contact of particles.
5) CONVECTION The transfer of heat in fluids by the movement of currents that form in the fluids.
6) RADIATION The transfer of heat without matter; heat that can travel through empty space.
7) CALORIE Metric unit of energy; 1 calorie = 4.2 joules
8) JOULE The SI unit of energy; 1 calorie = 4.2 joules
9) FLUIDS a substance, as a liquid or gas, that is capable of flowing
10) VACUUM a space entirely devoid of matter
Convection Currents and the Mantle EQ: How is heat transferred?
Energy as Heat Transfer
Energy in Earth’s Atmosphere
Chapter 2 Section 1 The sun provides nearly all of the energy which powers the atmosphere. That energy comes to us in the form of electromagnetic.
Chapter 10 Section 1 Temperature. What is Temperature? A measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in an object –The faster the particles.
Thermal energy and Heat. Thermal energy Thermal energy is the total kinetic energy of all particles in a substance Measured in joules (J) This is not.
Thermochemistry The study of the changes in heat energy that accompany chemical reactions and physical changes.
Heat Transfer & Phases Intro Chapter. Is the ability to do work and cause a change. Can be transferred. –Gases and liquids are made of molecules that.
16-2 Heat Transfer. (pages 548–551) 1
Science study guide. SC.A The kinetic of matter- states that all of the particles that make up matter are constantly in motion. Temperature is a.
Trimester 2 Science vocabulary and concepts: Heat & Energy.
HEAT the transfer of thermal energy from hot objects to cold objects through collision of particles Units=Joules.
Thermal Energy Transfer “How Heat Moves”. What is Thermal Energy? Thermal energy (we often call this HEAT) is: The amount of movement of the particles.
Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics – The study of heat transformation. Temperature – A measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in an object.average.
ENERGY IS____________________________________________. WORK CANNOT OCCUR________________________________! THERMAL ENERGY ) THERMAL.
Temperature and Heat 4.1 Temperature depends on particle movement. 4.2
Temperature and Heat CHAPTER the BIG idea CHAPTER OUTLINE Heat is a flow of energy due to temperature differences. Temperature depends on particle movement.
Chapter 11 Whew! It's Hot!. Temperature and thermal energy.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.