Presentation on theme: "Five Common Features of Outstanding Employee Giving Schemes A presentation and workshop by Christine Jenkins Managing Director of CCWorks."— Presentation transcript:
Five Common Features of Outstanding Employee Giving Schemes A presentation and workshop by Christine Jenkins Managing Director of CCWorks
What does ‘Outstanding’ mean to you? High %age take-up? How high?
What ‘Outstanding’ means to me Large sums to charity(ies) – relative to size Match Funding – commitment at high level (6%) Administration paid – a given (38%) Directors donate – high level commitment Year on year growth – sustainable
Outstanding Schemes are cultural Finally, outstanding schemes have become part of the company CULTURE Its……………………….. ‘What We Do’
Five Common Features of Outstanding Employee Giving Schemes Top level buy-in and pro- active support Easy to join Great marketing and comms Focus Year on year improvement
What happens in the US? 35% - 40% average take up Some schemes achieve nearly 100% take up How?
Local Giving through United Way or specific beneficiaries Positive reinforcement from employers - almost ‘opt-out’ High level support from CEO down Recognition and Reward Its got high levels of employee engagement – its CULTURAL
1. Wishard Health Services Most Successful Ever Campaign Features Dollar for Dollar match by an anonymous donor Employee giving used to leverage further large donations Over $2million raised by 1000 employees 630 employees named on ‘wall of honour’ 117 rooms or areas named ‘in memoriam’ by employees or groups of employees All employee givers awarded 1 day’s leave to volunteer
2. Riverbed Technologies and Mercy Corps Uses online web pages to promote – one click to give Partners with one charity – Mercy Corps Focused on disaster relief eg. Haiti, Tsunami Matches 25% Achieves 25% take up
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital and Medical School Which Department? Which disease? 1,300 - $650,000 Donor wall - Targeted - Choices - Recognition
Discuss Typical take-up in US 35% Are Americans more generous than we are Or do they get it right more often? V
Deloitte’s Prize Draw Moral: If you’re going to have a prize draw make it a good one! Fly 4 Charity 2500 givers 25% workforce Monthly flight tickets 20% match 40% match to CoY £700,000 annually
2. Easy to join - no Where’s that Employee Giving donor form?
2. Easy to join – Yes! Online – at work or at play Use software Use voting buttons
Excellent branding Use of multiple communication channels Compelling Campaign Messages 3. Great Marketing and Comms
4. Focus Specific Beneficiary (ies) Deloitte, ThinkMoney, Wishard, Riverbed, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, St James Place Take-up TargetsDeloitte, ThinkMoney, Wishard, Riverbed, Dartmouth-Hitchcock St James Place Employee Benefits/Incentives/ Rewards? Deloitte, ThinkMoney, Wishard, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, St James’ Place
5. Year on Year Improvement Keep Building a Culture of Giving Innovate and Get Creative Target New Employees – opt-in/opt-out?
Any Questions Thank You For Free Online Employee Giving Training Or Innovate to Increase your Take-up Go to www.bigchangeuk.co.uk And register for one of our free training webinars
Exercise Charities What stops you from working directly with employers? Join 2 people either side of you To discuss and look for solutions PFO’s/PGA’s What more can we do to support charities wanting to work directly with employers?