Presentation on theme: "Chapter 10 World War I 1914-1920 Part 4. 8.Food AdministrationUnder Herbert Hoover worked to increase agricultural output, and reduce waste. 9. The Food."— Presentation transcript:
8.Food AdministrationUnder Herbert Hoover worked to increase agricultural output, and reduce waste. 9. The Food Administration had the power to impose price controls and rationing. Hoover hoped instead for voluntary restraint.
10. Fuel AdministrationThis agency began the practice of daylight savings time in hopes of lowering fuel consumption. 11. The Committee on Public InformationIts purpose was to rally support for the war. 12. Espionage ActMade it illegal to interfere with the draft.
13. The Sedition Actmade it illegal to obstruct the sale of Liberty Bonds or discuss anything disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive about the American form of government, the Constitution or the Army or Navy.
14. Eugene Debssentenced to 10 years in jail for criticizing the American government and urging people to resist militarism. 15. Industrial Workers of the World(IWW) a radical labor organization with the goal of overthrowing capitalism.
16. The war stopped the flow of immigrants from Europe and the war took many young men out of the labor pool. Because of this, factories that use to discriminate against African Americans, Mexican Americans, and women began actively recruiting them.
17. In 1919 the states ratified the Eighteenth Amendment. It made the sale, transporting, or manufacture of alcoholic beverages in the U.S. illegal.
1.President Wilsons plan for a postwar European peace was called Fourteen Points. 2. League of NationsAn international organization, formed after WWI, that aimed to promote security and peace for all members. Post War
3.The Big FourBritain, France, Italy, and the U.S. These countries dominated the peace conference. 4. ClemenceauFrench premier that wanted to severely punish Germany by imposing stiff reparations on Germany.
5.Reparationspayment for economic injury suffered during a war. 6.OrlandoPrime Minister of Italy after WWI. 7. Versailles Treaty1919 treaty that ended WWI.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.