Presentation on theme: "Successful Job Interviews. Tips for a Successful Interview 1.Always be on time – preferably a little early (about 15 minutes). If you are not familiar."— Presentation transcript:
Successful Job Interviews
Tips for a Successful Interview 1.Always be on time – preferably a little early (about 15 minutes). If you are not familiar with the organizations location, make a trial run a few days before the interview.
2. Know what skills are required to do the job. 3. Go to the interview alone. This demonstrates your independence and maturity.
4. Listen to each question carefully. If you dont understand a question, ask for clarification before you answer.
5. Take time to think about the question before responding.
6. When you answer questions, make positive, brief, but complete statements. Be prepared to expand on your answers when asked.
7. Show an enthusiastic interest in the job and a sincere desire to learn.
8. Relax. You dont have to be perfect. Being nervous is normal. 9. Keep your personal problems out of the conversation.
10. Be sincere, and give honest answers. Never argue with the interviewer. 11. Use proper English and avoid slang. Speak clearly.
12. Dont interrupt! If you want to ask a question, or make a statement, wait for an appropriate opening in the conversation.
13. Look directly into the interviewers eyes and listen carefully.
14. Always thank the interviewer for his or her time. Thank the secretary and the receptionist if you get a chance. Their opinions may count!
Think of a job that you could apply for now or in the future.
List 5 questions that an employer might ask you in an interview.
List 5 questions that you might ask the interviewer at the end of your interview.