1. Delegated: Powers specifically granted to the federal government 2. Reserved: Those powers not granted to the federal government are reserved to the states 3. Concurrent: Powers are shared by the state and federal government
1. Minimum 25 years old 2. Seven years a citizen 3. Resident of state
1. Minimum 30 years of age 2. Nine years a citizen 3. Resident of state
1. Minimum age of 35 years 2. Native born 3. Fourteen years residency
What is the path a bill must travel to become a law?
1. Somebody has an idea 2. Bill introduced in the House (given a #) 3. Referred to Committee 4. Floor vote 5. If approved goes to Senate 6. Referred to Committee 7. Floor vote 8. If approved goes to President who can either Sign, Veto, Hold for 10 days, or Pocket Veto. 9. If not approved, goes to Conference Committee again 10. Back to House Floor 11. Back to Senate Floor 12. Either passed to President or Bill dies.