We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMia Lawson
Modified over 2 years ago
9 Timeless Design Principles for Community-Building Klynn Alibocus Independent eBusiness Consultant + 44 (0)
1. Define the communitys purpose Construct a mission statement Create a strong site personality Develop a compelling backstory
2.Create extensible gathering places Provide a good system overview or map Include rich communications features Allow members to extend the environment
3. Create evolving Member Profiles Communicate the benefits of membership Make profile creation as easy as possible Keep the profiles up-to-date and evolving
4. Promote effective Leadership & Hosting Set up your program to grow Build some flexibility into the house rules Set reasonable expectations for online support
5. Define a clear-yet-flexible Code of Conduct Create and enforce your code of conduct Define an "escalation path" Don't try to stifle all conflict
6. Organize and promote Cyclic Events Hold regular, hosted, themed events Conduct community surveys Hold contests that reinforce the purpose
7. Provide a Range of Roles Offer newcomers a controlled experience Offer increased privileges to regulars Recruit leaders and mentors from within
8. Facilitate member-created subgroups Provide features that facilitate small groups Create events and contests for groups
9. Integrate with the real world Celebrate events that reinforce social identity Acknowledge important personal events Encourage real-life meetings (when appropriate)
Chart Your Course to Business Success On Target Business Intensive: Session 1 March 27, 2012 Advisors On Target 1.
How to Catch and Keep Volunteers Noni McMillian, FIRSTLINK How to Catch and Keep Volunteers.
Head of Learning: Job description Responsible to the Executive Headteacher Job purpose Provide inspirational and professional leadership which secures.
Welcome to Site Management Amy Thompson. Agenda I.Foundation Introductions Setting the Session Agenda II.Site Management Principles III.Site Management.
A Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of people who: share a craft or profession, and come together to share that common interest.
The Community Works Together Many hands make light work More heads are better than one.
Chart Your Course to Business Success On Target Business Intensive: Session 10 March 13, 2012 Advisors On Target 1.
Web 2.oh? How your membership organization can embrace the web 2.0 revolution. Alex Perwich CEO Golden Key International Honour Society & John Garvie Marketing.
T-Camp 2009 Post Expectations Meeting October 2, 2009.
Welcome to Volunteer Management Amy Thompson. Agenda I.Foundation Introductions Training Overview Agenda II.M-I-N-G-O! III.Volunteer Management Cycle.
Curriculum for Excellence & International Education Pam Slater Curriculum for Excellence Team September 2007.
Sterling High School Mission Statement At Sterling High School we expect each student to achieve his or her individual potential. A healthy.
District Planning & Leadership Implementation of SW-PBIS Lisa Pruitt Director, District and School Support Services.
EzScoreboard.com A Fully Integrated Administration Service.
An Overview of Internet Community Fundamentals and Operations Management by Digital Places
WEST HEMPSTEAD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT Three Year Strategic Plan
Support Services Department- Leadership Teams Involving Everyone in the Plan on a Page!
By Linda Mei Koh Leadership Certification Leadership Certification 3 3 L E V E L.
Ok, the Vote is Over. Now What? How to deal with the fallout.
Community Action Workshop Manual A Brief Tutorial Community Action Workshop Manual A Brief Tutorial Harmony Foundation of Canada.
The FBLA-PBL Professional Division Preparing Students for Tomorrow’s Business World.
Dr. John Dzimba Best Practices in Training and Development.
Chart Your Course to Business Success On Target Business Intensive: Session 10 May 29, 2012 Advisors On Target 1.
Neighbourhood Planning and other Community Led Plans Networking Event Nov 20 th 2012.
The Lakatos Group ODOT 2006 Marketing Training February 23, 2006 Presented By: Carla Lakatos, Partner Marketing Training ForTransits February 23, 2006.
Characteristics of Excellence in Undergraduate Research (COEUR) Download: COEUR Co-authors.
Ethics in Group Work n Ethical considerations begin with recommendation that each group leader becomes aware of his / her own personal biases and subtle.
Step 2. LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL CLUB EXCELLENCE PROCESS 2 Objectives of Step 2 Determine the characteristics of an excellent club Talk about the stumbling.
Peaceful School Bus Program © 2008 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Navigating the Small Learning Community Grants: From Application to Implementation To hear this webinar you will need to choose your audio mode. Go to.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.