1. Developing Reading Skills: Builds visual memory Builds imagination Builds sequencing skills Develops positive attitude towards reading – its fun! (The wheels on the bus …) Builds background information
2. Aids Personality Development: Teaches acceptance, self-worth, being proud, and that others do care Handles new situations (welcoming a new baby, going to the doctor)
3. Aids Cognitive / Intellectual Development: Helps children learn things – color, shapes, time, numbers Teaches concept of print –right side up –cover, front, back –letters represent words
4. Promotes Social Development: Teaches to accept others for their differences Sharing and cooperative play Overcome fears –of the dark –going to the doctor
5. Encourages Language Development: Encourages discussion of what is in illustration More complex plot Rhymes and poetry Descriptive words (character, scene, actions)
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.