Presentation on theme: "◦ Definitions and Professional examples of the following elements: ◦ Line ◦ Shape and Form ◦ Colour (Value and Tone) ◦ Pattern ◦ Space ◦ Texture ◦ Composition."— Presentation transcript:
◦ Definitions and Professional examples of the following elements: ◦ Line ◦ Shape and Form ◦ Colour (Value and Tone) ◦ Pattern ◦ Space ◦ Texture ◦ Composition ◦ Harmony/Unity ◦ Emphasis/Dominance
◦ Line is used in photography to draw the viewers eyes to a certain point of the image. Leading lines in pictures can be actual lines or implied lines, that help guide the viewers eyes within the framed image to draw their attention to points of interest, or even encourage the eyes to travel back into the main subject matter. ◦ Lines can be both horizontal and vertical lines. ◦ This is shown in images with fences, shorelines, roads, bridges and many more objects. This element is used effectively by the placement of the trees, the trees draw the viewers eyes the end of the road where the trees arch. This images creates a calm and peaceful feeling, the blue sky gives the viewer a peaceful feeling and the trees look calm and tranquil. http://www.shutterbug.com/images/archivesart/0710 picture05.jpg http://www.shutterbug.com/images/archivesart/0710 picture05.jpg http://www.photographyicon.com/wp- content/uploads/2011/05/36.jpg
Shape and form is used in photography by displaying the shape or form of the photos main focus. Photographers have used silhouettes as a way to display this design technique. I think this technique is used well by the use of having the trees in a silhouette made by the sunset. This photo is very calming and relaxing.
Colour in photography is most likely the most common design technique used when taking a picture. Colour can be shown through the images main focuses and also the background. I think that colour is used well by having all the coloured bottles next to each other and having the white as the background emphasis the bottles.
◦ Patterns can be both natural and man-made, they bring a sense of visual rhythm and harmony to photographs and they capture the viewers imagination. Patterns appear whenever strong graphic elements—lines, colours, shapes, or forms— repeat themselves. ◦ I believe the photographer has shown this technique well with the chose of photo object, the star fish is bright and has a lot of detail which brings the viewer eye straight to the object. ◦ file:///D:/nature-pattern- photography-14.jpg
Space in photography means that there is space in between the objects of focus. I believe that this image has used the space technique effectively by making space in between the people who are the subject of focus. file:///D:/double- cosby.jpg
Texture is used in photography to the viewers attention into the photograph. When taking a close up photo of a certain object where you want to show the texture some photographers use a macro lens which displays the detail and texture of the chosen object. I believe that this image shows the use of texture well by using a macro lens to show the detail of the kiwi fruit. This photo creates a calm feeling. http://us.123rf.com/450wm/s ergeyit/sergeyit1205/sergeyi t120500024/13736610- abstract-macro-photo-of- kiwi-fruit.jpg
◦ Composition means the placement or arrangement of visual elements in a photograph. ◦ The following pictures show the Compositions of Rule of Thirds, Leading Lines and Frame within a Frame. ◦ Rule of thirds ◦ http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/images/Rule-of- Thirds-Sunset.jpg http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/images/Rule-of- Thirds-Sunset.jpg ◦ Leading Lines ◦ http://www.austadpro.com/blog/wp- content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0750-200x300.jpg http://www.austadpro.com/blog/wp- content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0750-200x300.jpg ◦ Frame within a frame ◦ http://www.bridalguide.com/sites/default/files/blog- images/bridal-buzz/photo-frames/flower-girls-holding- frame.jpg http://www.bridalguide.com/sites/default/files/blog- images/bridal-buzz/photo-frames/flower-girls-holding- frame.jpg
Unity and Harmony in photography is about taking parts of a photo subject and unifying them it to something that turns out better together. I believe that this image shows this technique well because the reflection of the sky looks like a reflection on the water. http://photos.captureminnesota.com/ photos/xmP2r3PQj6njsC3W- xTcfA/showcase.jpg http://photos.captureminnesota.com/ photos/xmP2r3PQj6njsC3W- xTcfA/showcase.jpg
◦ Emphasis and dominance is used in photography when an object is given dominance by the photographer. ◦ I think that this image shows this technique well, it shows the lion as the main focus of the image and showing its dominance. ◦ http://flyeschool.com/sites/fly eschool/files/images/art_term s/nick_brandt.jpg http://flyeschool.com/sites/fly eschool/files/images/art_term s/nick_brandt.jpg